XMC Part 5: (Buildings) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

aajs

XMCPart5.png

XMC Part 5: (Buildings) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

Introduction:

“Xenonaut More Choices” is designed for players that liked the look, feel and playability of the vanilla version but would just like more content in the game. This is pretty much a total overhaul mod but has been broken into parts to allow players to more easily pick and choose what add-ons they want in their game. If you do not like a certain part of this mod just swap it out with another mod of you choice.

PART 5 - Buildings:

This mod is a companion Mod for XMC Part 1 and add new buildings for the game.

CommunicationArray.jpg

Features at a Glance:

• Additional Buildings for Research
  • Additional Research Projects Based on Buildings

Installation files:

Download the mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1bhwt79ov0rbtbb/ChoicesPart5.rar

Unpack the file to your mods folder

Choices Part 1 mod requires to be the highest priority number in the list. (Number1). Then all other XMC modes need to follow in sequential order...(Of course you may not want to use all). Finally adjust all of you other mods to be prioritised after the XMC Mods.

Recommended Mods and Priory order for amazing play-through:

For a list of recommended mods and a links to my other mods you are probably best going to my main XMC Part1 Link: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13248-XMC-Part-1-%28Ground-Combat%29-Version-1-0-for-XCE-0-33-HF1

CREDITS:

Thanks to.

Drages (My Unofficial Mentor)

Reactocore (Playtesting and feedback)

livingquartersbig.jpg

XMCPart5.png

CommunicationArray.jpg

livingquartersbig.jpg

XMCPart5.png.1cd11975ec9072cac01d12a0be0

CommunicationArray.thumb.jpg.07085e28b13

livingquartersbig.thumb.jpg.1e5858590d30

Edited by aajs

• 1 month later...

Just Uploaded a new Building Addition: A larger Garage Option.

To get it, just start researching additional vehicles and your team will respond by offering you the option to research and build garages with better storage. The Garage is actually the same footprint it just goes upwards instead of sideways.

BigGarage.jpg

BigGarage.jpg

BigGarage.thumb.jpg.2d28debe41e1b1770d15

Added another building.

How about a Smaller Command Centre option.

Instead of 2x2 how about a super computerised mini 1x1 size command centre.

I have play tested and confirmed it all works nicely and that you can drive vehicles around it.

However I am not sure it is that defensible as I have no sandbags etc.

commandcenter2.jpg

commandcenter2.jpg

commandcenter2.thumb.jpg.73e0fa989a59689

• 2 weeks later...
I'm still a bit confused on the Command Center upgrade. I have the quad radar array, but not the other two pictured upgrades. Is this late game, or did something go wrong? Even making a new base didn't give me a small command center.

Its very late game I am afraid.

I though I would push it out to later in the game, when you have mastered the alien electronics technologies so much you can get all the jobs the various staff members where doing squashed down into advanced computer programs.

Its very late game I am afraid.

I though I would push it out to later in the game, when you have mastered the alien electronics technologies so much you can get all the jobs the various staff members where doing squashed down into advanced computer programs.

I played the game to completion and never were offered the two new buildings (larger capacity garage/smaller command room) and I did all the research that was offered to me. I looked under buildings.xml in part 5 and did not find these new buildings and I downloaded the newest versions.

Where it still says 8/8/2015 at 755AM? I'm clicking on the link in message 1 of this thread.

Ahhh can you go to the choices part 1 page and download using the link there.

Maybe that luink is somehow pointing at the wrong place. I will look at that tonight.

Not sure if you've looked into it yet...but both links point to the same file...one that says uploaded on 8/8/2015 at 755am.

Thanks, when I upload it it says that it uploads fine and I always overwrite the existing file.

Maybe something is corrupt.

I will try deleting it completely,

confirm the link then fails (as file should then be gone)

Then upload again.

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

[EDIT]

Mwaaaa haa haa

Fixed it stupid thing.

Never seen this before, but I had two files in the same folder with the same name.

no matter what happened it would always serve the old file.

So I deleted them both...Then

Doh the link still served the old file...Grrrrrrr

So I emptied the trash confirmed it was definitely gone.

Then uploaded it again and pasted a fresh link.

Hopefully this time its resolved.

Edited by aajs

Thanks, when I upload it it says that it uploads fine and I always overwrite the existing file.

Maybe something is corrupt.

I will try deleting it completely,

confirm the link then fails (as file should then be gone)

Then upload again.

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

[EDIT]

Mwaaaa haa haa

Fixed it stupid thing.

Never seen this before, but I had two files in the same folder with the same name.

no matter what happened it would always serve the old file.

So I deleted them both...Then

Doh the link still served the old file...Grrrrrrr

So I emptied the trash confirmed it was definitely gone.

Then uploaded it again and pasted a fresh link.

Hopefully this time its resolved.

Well I can confirm that the file now has the 2015-11-01 at 10?? so now all I have to do is delete Choice 2 and put in the new one and add this one (over the old one?).

Well I can confirm that the file now has the 2015-11-01 at 10?? so now all I have to do is delete Choice 2 and put in the new one and add this one (over the old one?).

Correct. Only choices part 2 needs deleting because it has some files in it that I later removed.

Got a problem. After researching the big garage...I seem to get them automatically in my already built bases. But as soon as that showed up everything else got changed in that man days need to build something became -21535493 days...NOTICE negative number. Whenever I put workers to build something it becomes -8 days to completion and time passing has no effect on this number.

I also crash to desktop when I completed building a vehicle (before big garage was built since I cannot complete anything afterwards). Not sure if this is a conflict but I only have mods you said were compatible (mostly maps).

Wow, now that is strange.

Yes the big garage is an upgrade so all bases should change. And from then on why have the option to create something inferoir.

Well that was the plan at least.

Can't say I experienced that behavior, and sounds like a non mod related bug. However if you saved the game before noticing the bug you may be stuck with it.

Hope you have an older save to go back to.

If you do maybe you can try again and see if it occurs again and post back.

I can't imagine how my mod or any other could cause this issue.

Well I will have a look at the config files to see if there is anything obvious.

I can confirm that finishing the larger garage definitely "caused" the change in man days it requires to finish things. I stopped all production and research except the larger garage research and put the timer in slow so that it advanced at slowest rate...as soon as I got the message that larger garage research was finished all the garages changed to the larger model...and the man days needed to complete things in the shop became negative (usually by millions).....while the man days to actual complete things when I put items in the workshop became -8 days (no matter what it was all were -8 days).

Prior to that whenever I went to the garage to see what I had there the game crashed.

I can confirm that finishing the larger garage definitely "caused" the change in man days it requires to finish things. I stopped all production and research except the larger garage research and put the timer in slow so that it advanced at slowest rate...as soon as I got the message that larger garage research was finished all the garages changed to the larger model...and the man days needed to complete things in the shop became negative (usually by millions).....while the man days to actual complete things when I put items in the workshop became -8 days (no matter what it was all were -8 days).

Prior to that whenever I went to the garage to see what I had there the game crashed.

I might have an answer.....

if you go to the building mod and open the researches.xml the entry for the big garage looks like this.

Researches.BigGarage 20 BaseStructures Researches.tank1(AND)Researches.HunterTank "UnlockKnowledge( ""Researches.BigGarage"" );

UnlockBuilding(""BigGarage"");

UpgradeBuilding(""Garage"", ""BigGarage"");" Researches.BigGarage

Basically I seem to be both unlocking a new build and upgrading a building. Maybe both entries is wrong and I should just have the upgrade building... Can you delete the UnlockBuilding(""BigGarage"");

entry and retest. Hopefully it will upgrade your existing buildings and replace the old entry in the build options as well.

If this fixes it, then I will have to go back and change some of my other entries for other buildings as they also have both entry types.

Funny it does not crash my machine tho.

I changed the entry so it reads:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s36"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.BigGarage</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s36"><Data ss:Type="Number">20</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s41"><Data ss:Type="String">BaseStructures</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s35"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.tank1(AND)Researches.HunterTank</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s37"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s38"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.BigGarage" );

UpgradeBuilding("Garage", "BigGarage");</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s36"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.BigGarage</Data></Cell>

</Row>

IN notebooks form,

Construction time and time cost both remain the same negative millions man days and -8 days.

And the game crashes if I go to a garage where I have a vehicle and am building another vehicle--even if I change workmen assigned to zero..

In case it helps the negative millions is ALWAYS -2147483648.

I was going thru the files and noticed that the picture of the Big Hanger (both finished and under construction) are the same as the Big Quarters (finished & under construction). BTW why would anyone want a big hanger that holds the same number of aircraft as the regular hanger.

Edited by Larry Burstyn

I changed the entry so it reads:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell ss:StyleID="s36"><Data ss:Type="Number">20</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s41"><Data ss:Type="String">BaseStructures</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s35"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.tank1(AND)Researches.HunterTank</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s37"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s38"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "Researches.BigGarage" );

UpgradeBuilding("Garage", "BigGarage");</Data></Cell>

</Row>

IN notebooks form,

Construction time and time cost both remain the same negative millions man days and -8 days.

And the game crashes if I go to a garage where I have a vehicle and am building another vehicle--even if I change workmen assigned to zero..

In case it helps the negative millions is ALWAYS -2147483648.

I was going thru the files and noticed that the picture of the Big Hanger (both finished and under construction) are the same as the Big Quarters (finished & under construction). BTW why would anyone want a big hanger that holds the same number of aircraft as the regular hanger.

The Big hanger looks that way cos I never put it in the game...(I was just looking to see what you could do with it)

as for what is wrong with it I have no idea. Better just to revert to an older save and ignore researching it for now.

I will look at it when I have finished my new assault ship piece. as my mods are underdevelopment at the moment and if I upload anything it will likely mess up your game.

• 1 month later...
Is this compatible with XCE 0.34.1?

The update to 34.1 didn't change anything with buildings so I'd say there's a good 90-99% chance it's compatible. The big thing is that you don't want to update your mods while in the middle of a campaign because your save will break due to the altered information (though there are some ways around said issue.)