XMC Part 4: (Armour) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

aajs

XMCPart4.png

XMC Part 4: (Armour) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

Introduction:

“Xenonaut More Choices” is designed for players that liked the look, feel and playability of the vanilla version but would just like more content in the game. This is pretty much a total overhaul mod but has been broken into parts to allow players to more easily pick and choose what add-ons they want in their game. If you do not like a certain part of this mod just swap it out with another mod of you choice.

PART 4 - Armour:

This mod is a companion Mod for XMC Part 1 and adds new armour variants to the game. It utilises Kabill's Amazing Armour resource pack so all credit really goes to him.

predator_2.jpg

Features at a Glance:

• Additional Armours for Research (With new X:CE features like Psionic protection)
  • New Soldier Load Out Pics

Installation files:

Download the mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/98qfc7m2n7vr76t/ChoicesPart4.rar

Unpack the file to your mods folder

Choices Part 1 Mod requires to be the highest priority number on in the list. (Number1). Then all other XMC modes need to follow in sequential order...(Of course you may not want to use all). Finally adjust all of you other mods to be prioritised after the XMC Mods.

Recommended Mods and Priory order for amazing play-through:

For a list of recommended mods and a links to my other mods you are probably best going to my main XMC Part1 Link:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13248-XMC-Part-1-%28Ground-Combat%29-Version-1-0-for-XCE-0-33-HF1

CREDITS:

Thanks to

Drages (My Unofficial Mentor)

Reactocore (Playtesting and feedback)

Kabill (Armour Resource Pack & lots of help in forums)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11878-v-1-5-X-CE-Armour-Resource-Pack

BasicMale.jpg

BasicWoman.jpg

JackalNightOps.jpg

JackalHeavy.jpg

JackalWoman.jpg

wolfstealth.jpg

wolfhazmat.jpg

wolfcombat.jpg

SentinelTurbo.jpg

SentinelCombat.jpg

SentinelOptics.jpg

PredatorSeeker.jpg

predatorAssault.jpg

XMCPart4.png

predator_2.jpg

SentinelTurbo.jpg

SentinelCombat.jpg

SentinelOptics.jpg

BasicWoman.jpg

JackalWoman.jpg

JackalNightOps.jpg

JackalHeavy.jpg

wolfstealth.jpg

wolfhazmat.jpg

wolfcombat.jpg

PredatorSeeker.jpg

predatorAssault.jpg

BasicMale.jpg

XMCPart4.png.ceaa5c8f2f560ebb407cf35de88

predator_2.thumb.jpg.318c1d5cd6042ac0db7

SentinelTurbo.jpg.2d7feafb0297c5ee7f1cb2

SentinelCombat.jpg.ebf4e73bc89cd868654d4

SentinelOptics.jpg.3ad2da942d902279d0030

BasicWoman.jpg.a2c1313331fd9ee17978efd62

JackalWoman.jpg.0c292257f4f98b2d7fe20564

JackalNightOps.jpg.f7b77bf1be3ae0e7269ed

JackalHeavy.jpg.661224e56fc8209d11c85d12

wolfstealth.jpg.b9250d7efc59ee9e7604fff2

wolfhazmat.jpg.270466e1c7c557db2c09938ae

wolfcombat.jpg.3d6a32cedd76bc0496ced56b5

PredatorSeeker.jpg.4b23eac272239e3bbbe3f

predatorAssault.jpg.8546ae383022cd29fc01

BasicMale.jpg.1c49fa4aa8e45f0b86bdb44f5c

Edited by aajs

• 1 month later...

Its almost impossible to miss it as my armours pretty much turn up with the vanilla ones under the same research project.

Therefore its most likely that you have not enabled my mods or not put them in the exact order that they should be in. If you look at my XMC part 1 mod on about page 14 onwards "Sentelin" is assisting a player in getting the mods sorted out just right. Hopefully if you follow that you will be just fine.:)

I followed the instructions carefully but when I researched alien alloys it didnt give me any further research possibilities.

Did you get the first set of armours that appear when you research the Jackal armour?

Basically the Vanilla Jackal armour will appear but my additions will also be made available at the same time.

That will prove if you have my mod working.

I have the armors but have noticed a couple of aesthetic problems.

1. When you use the Rank4 Heavy MG with Predator armor, the soldier becomes invisible - so there may be some sprite problem happening there.

2. When equipping the new variations of Predator Armor - I noticed that the model displayed is reversed between the hero and seeker from what is in the Xenopedia descriptions. I'm not sure which one you intended to have the cape, but I would just advice making sure that they match. The stats seemed to - Hero improved Bravery - Seeker improved health. It was just the appearance that seemed inconsistent.

3. Slightly minor - with both of the above models, the changes to health cause the Wounded + a Percentage to appear on my soldiers. Not sure if there is a way around that or not.

These are some minor deals - I honestly consider your mod(s) my favorite and I love how much effort you put into support. Just created an account so I could let you know about this stuff.

I haven't got any options to research any armor

Erm let me see, if you have all my mods working and enabled when you start the game you will see only very old basic weapons for the soldiers and dynamite instead of the vanilla C4.

Then if your researched in this order..

Researches.AlienPlasmaPistol(OR)Researches.AlienPlasmaRifle

Then you would have the option to research the Jackal armour...

on researching that it would unlock my first rank of armours along side the vanilla one.

I have the armors but have noticed a couple of aesthetic problems.

1. When you use the Rank4 Heavy MG with Predator armor, the soldier becomes invisible - so there may be some sprite problem happening there.

Thanks so much for this, I though I had cracked every single missing sprite. But looks like I still missed one.

[ATTACH]6655[/ATTACH]

Download this file and rename it back to soldier_spectre.xml

The copy it to:

.....\Xenonauts\assets\mods\ChoicesPart1\units\xenonaut\armour.predator\weapon.MachinegunHMGRnk4SB

I will do another mod upload fore everybody else. If you find any other let me know as I can fix them pretty quick.

2. When equipping the new variations of Predator Armor - I noticed that the model displayed is reversed between the hero and seeker from what is in the Xenopedia descriptions. I'm not sure which one you intended to have the cape, but I would just advice making sure that they match. The stats seemed to - Hero improved Bravery - Seeker improved health. It was just the appearance that seemed inconsistent.

Thanks I swapped the Pictures round, hopefully that all that is needed. You will have to download the mod again to pick up the change I am afraid.

Of you could just go here:.....\Xenonauts\assets\mods\ChoicesPart4\xenopediaimages

and swap the names of the "predator_2.jpg" & "predator_3.jpg" if you cant be bothered to wait for a 1GB update.

3. Slightly minor - with both of the above models, the changes to health cause the Wounded + a Percentage to appear on my soldiers. Not sure if there is a way around that or not.

Note entirely sure about this one, don't think it can be fixed, however when you equip the armour it gives you a maximum health boost, but the soldier equipment screen does not fully understand what has happened and interprets you currently health as being less than your new increased total health and marks it as an Injury.

I think it all gets readjusted when you enter ground combat so its safe to just ignore it.

These are some minor deals - I honestly consider your mod(s) my favorite and I love how much effort you put into support. Just created an account so I could let you know about this stuff.

Sorry for my late reply got tied up with work and then was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday.

Hopefully I did not leave you hanging. Thanks for the positive feedback.;)

soldier_spectre.txt

soldier_spectre.txt

problem solved, thank you! The problem was that I had no idea that you get the jackal armor after researching the alien plasma rifle or pistol. I still would like know what are the differences between jackal standard, heavy and night ops variants.

Yeah someone else mentioned they wanted the stats somewhere.

Basically Jackal standard is the vanilla middle of the road armour.

Heavy gives more protection but is Well erm.... Heavy (This slows you down if you get encumbered)

Night ops is a lighter version of standard that has slightly less protection but gives you better night vision.

I would really love it, if we could get tool tips working for armour like the other weapons.

I am still trying to find out if its possible.

Now that I've gotten the armours I have noticed something strange, when soldier is equipped with heavy jackal armor, laser pistol and the default shield. the shield doesnt appear and the soldier holds the pistol with two hands, but when shot at I found that the shield is there but just invisible.

yep, that needs a revisit, which I will sort on my next play through, however I have not even managed to play the game for ages aa I am kept so busy tuning the game up. It will get done, just not for few weeks I am afraid, in the mean time any completely missing sprites will be dealt with as a priority.