XMC Part 2: (All Things Alien) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

aajs

XMCPart2.png

XMC Part 2: (All Things Alien) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

Introduction:

“Xenonaut More Choices” is designed for players that liked the look, feel and playability of the vanilla version but would just like more content in the game. This is pretty much a total overhaul mod but has been broken into parts to allow players to more easily pick and choose what add-ons they want in their game. If you do not like a certain part of this mod just swap it out with another mod of you choice.

PART 2 - All Things Alien:

This mod is a companion Mod for XMC Part 1 and allows Alien Items, Craft and Vehicles to be converted for Xenonaut use.

It is woven around the vanilla game so that the original play experience is pretty much maintained.

AlienWeaponConversion.jpg

Features at a Glance:

• Recover Alien Fighters and use them as Interceptors
  • Alien weapons are recovered to Soldier Equipment Screen
  • Alien weapons can be converted for use without penalties when sufficient understanding is reached
  • Estimated Research Time for Projects in Man Days (Allows better planning)
  • Easily identifiable weapon tiers (Weapons have been ranked)
  • New Alien weapons / items and associated particle effects

Installation files:

Download the mod:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rr1zmlf3bhpck6a/ChoicesPart2.rar

Unpack the file to your mods folder. Ensure this mod is prioritised AFTER Choices Part 1

Recommended Mods and Priory order for amazing play-through:

For a list of recommended mods and a links to my other mods you are probably best going to my main XMC Part1 Link:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13248-XMC-Part-1-%28Ground-Combat%29-Version-1-0-for-XCE-0-33-HF1

CREDITS:

Thanks to.

Drages (My Unofficial Mentor)

Reactocore (Playtesting and feedback)

XMCPart2.png

AlienWeaponConversion.jpg

XMCPart2.png.99aabbf90876e2756b843dcd111

AlienWeaponConversion.thumb.jpg.539c80c6

Edited by aajs

• 1 month later...

A minor complaint. I was just looking through the Xenopedia images as I wait for the rest of this mod to download (XMC 4 is HUGE!), and I was looking at this image:

4Lrhezn.jpg

In the human conversion, you plugged up the hole in the back behind the grip. This makes this gun even more awkward to hold than it's original, unconverted model. There's no place for the human's thumb to go!

A minor complaint. I was just looking through the Xenopedia images as I wait for the rest of this mod to download (XMC 4 is HUGE!), and I was looking at this image:

4Lrhezn.jpg

In the human conversion, you plugged up the hole in the back behind the grip. This makes this gun even more awkward to hold than it's original, unconverted model. There's no place for the human's thumb to go!

Well thanks for being so observant, hopefully this oversight is not spoiling your game experience. I will have to review it and possibly redesign it a little more, or at least put the hole back in. If your skill are up to it feel free to redesign something better and post it back, otherwise I am sure I can come up with something a little more ergonomic.:)

• 2 weeks later...

There seem to be a few things missing/out of place. Some of the converted plasma weapon specs are redundant/inaccurate in the equip list. Also, the Alien Plasma Cannon doesn't show up in the manufacture list though it said research was completed and it shows up in ufopedia under Xeno weapons.

There seem to be a few things missing/out of place. Some of the converted plasma weapon specs are redundant/inaccurate in the equip list. Also, the Alien Plasma Cannon doesn't show up in the manufacture list though it said research was completed and it shows up in ufopedia under Xeno weapons.

Thanks for this feedback.

I will look into it.

I noticed that the converted Alien Plasma Rifle requires an Assault Plasma myself, though I haven't noticed any other specific issues yet.

I figured out how to fix it myself, but while I was in the file I also realized that among the converted aircraft, only the Heavy Fighter doesn't require a datacore to manufacture. I haven't gotten more than the very first datacore from the regular Alien Fighter so I haven't been able to build more than one; I don't know if that's working as intended or not, but since it's inconsistent amongst the converted craft I figure it should be standardized.

I noticed that the converted Alien Plasma Rifle requires an Assault Plasma myself, though I haven't noticed any other specific issues yet.

I figured out how to fix it myself, but while I was in the file I also realized that among the converted aircraft, only the Heavy Fighter doesn't require a datacore to manufacture. I haven't gotten more than the very first datacore from the regular Alien Fighter so I haven't been able to build more than one; I don't know if that's working as intended or not, but since it's inconsistent amongst the converted craft I figure it should be standardized.

Very nice SPOT, Thanks for noticing I fixed the Converted Alien Plasma Rifle and adjusted the Heavy Fighter to be more consistent.

I will upload a new version later so everybody else can benefit from you input.

I noticed that I can equip my men with the captured weapons but they don't look like the converted ones that are pictured they look like just captured weapons....do I get a research to convert them later? And no stats anywhere for the weapons.

Basically you can use the captured weapons straight away, however there will be no stats listed as your men don't fully understand the weapons. Also they will be very inaccurate because they are not designed for the human hand and therefore will be difficult to hold and aim, however later on in the game when you understand alien weapons (research project) you will know enough to be able to convert the weapons to human use. That is when you will see the new weapon modifications and the stats will be listed.

Some new updates added to this Mod:

Added a new drag texture for the alien battle rifle.

alienbattlerifleDrag.jpg

Added some new drag texture for alien plasma cells

alienneuralcellDrag.png

alienplasmacellDrag.png

Added a new alien varient called the caesan spy:

These guys are a bit tricky they have a shield technology that renders them partially invisible and practically immune to conventional ballistic weapons.

idle_NE.png

This alien has its own speciality weapon that looks like this:

alienstunnerDrag.jpg

Like other recovered alien weapons in my mod, when you gain enough knowledge you can convert it for xenonaut use without the penalties for ergonomic restrictions.

The converted weapon looks like this:

alienstunnerconvertedDrag.jpg

alienbattlerifleDrag.jpg

alienneuralcellDrag.png

alienplasmacellDrag.png

idle_NE.png

alienstunnerDrag.jpg

alienstunnerconvertedDrag.jpg

alienbattlerifleDrag.jpg.e8dffe914456905

alienneuralcellDrag.png.470837620b680bbb

alienplasmacellDrag.png.6ecae2410ba9b16c

idle_NE.png.682705a8818a70ad0c0bc87cab4e

alienstunnerDrag.jpg.93b4d69ee1997092bec

alienstunnerconvertedDrag.jpg.15195f9028

Downloaded your mod list today as a starting point into mods for Xenonauts. Not much to comment on yet other than I ran my first mission (veteran) and met 2 caesan spys. Am i supposed to be able to even touch these guys on the first mission or is an instant abort finding them with starting technology? I promptly squad wiped as grenades, gunfire, batons, and knives failed to do anything. I am a little confused/frustrated, but assume this was bad luck or unintended and a different race for a 1st mission might lead to a better 1st impression.

Looking forward to getting into the mod, but had a rough start :P

Maybe no spies until after 1 technology unlock or two?

Downloaded your mod list today as a starting point into mods for Xenonauts. Not much to comment on yet other than I ran my first mission (veteran) and met 2 caesan spys. Am i supposed to be able to even touch these guys on the first mission or is an instant abort finding them with starting technology? I promptly squad wiped as grenades, gunfire, batons, and knives failed to do anything. I am a little confused/frustrated, but assume this was bad luck or unintended and a different race for a 1st mission might lead to a better 1st impression.

Looking forward to getting into the mod, but had a rough start :P

Maybe no spies until after 1 technology unlock or two?

Oh this sounds a bit of an issue, I had not playtested the new spy too much due to other commitments, however sounds like they are a little overpowered and over populated.

I will nerf their shielding a little and delay the arrive to later missions.

thanks for the tip.

In the mean time delete these files from the following location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Xenonauts\assets\mods\ChoicesPart2\ufocontents

airplane.alien.scout.caesan.xml

airplane.alien.lightscout.caesan.xml

I will update the mod and upload another version with a slightly nerfed shield for the spy.

Edited by aajs

Weapon state error update:

Some of the converted alien plasma weapon stats don't seem to match their behavior: both distance and amount of shots come to mind as blatant examples.

I have also noticed that many of the new/converted alien weapons don't show the available clips and have to be reloaded manually. Both alien weapons picked up in the field, and converted weapons have this problem.

I am getting a Crash (Freeze) on trying to load XMC...I updated to all the latest versions of XMC today...the error message says invalid manufacture requirements for ManTech Heavy Fighter.

WENT into manufacture.xml and found heavy fighter and edited out requirement for heavy fighter data core. After that it loaded and ran okay.

Edited by Larry Burstyn

I am getting a Crash (Freeze) on trying to load XMC...I updated to all the latest versions of XMC today...the error message says invalid manufacture requirements for ManTech Heavy Fighter.

WENT into manufacture.xml and found heavy fighter and edited out requirement for heavy fighter data core. After that it loaded and ran okay.

No need to mess up the balance Larry. All you have to do is correct the error. It should read "1xItems.AlienHeavyFighterDatacore"

Sorry, I will upload another one. Though I fixed that already.

Oh well.

Well if I had to post an update with the fix to stop the crash, might as well add a couple of new drag textures I had been working on.

These probably need a bit more work at some point but don't actually look too bad in the actual game where they are scaled out a little more.

alienflamethrowerDrag.jpg

alienheavyrifleDrag.jpg

That's I think that is now all the 3D drag texture for all the vanilla alien weapons completed.

I will now work on the 3D drag textures for the vanilla xenonaut weapons as and when I get a few mins spare.

alienflamethrowerDrag.jpg

alienheavyrifleDrag.jpg

alienflamethrowerDrag.jpg.893a2c7d53be05

alienheavyrifleDrag.jpg.a83fb78ccadf8d2a

Edited by aajs