XMC Part 1: (Ground Combat) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

aajs

Oh dear!

Well that's not good.

I better start a new game and enter a ground combat mission.

Will post back with the results.

[EDIT]

This is weird my game does not crash.

Here is a snap of my mod setup as it stands now.

mods.png

Are you starting from scratch or using a save game?

mods.png

mods.thumb.png.ce37c94cf8d9328040e9a0def

Edited by aajs

I start from new game and always after load first ground combat game crash.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6806[/ATTACH]

[EDIT 2]

Ok, after instal 0,34 x:ce

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=139

and modpack (xcebalance, xcesettings)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=140

game work :)

Well I don't have Skitso's Opressive or Skitsos Map Pack in my list.

Maybe disable those and try again.

Also I have about 6 mods, why are you only using choices part 1 and 2?

Do you not like the other ones?

Thanks for solution of that problem. Installing XCE 0,34 helped, no CTD since that.

But i'm kinda curious why the mods were not compatible with 0,33 hf1.

And thanks for the mods themselves. They are really good and actually made me return to playing Xenonauts =)

Ahhh I think I know what may be happening, in XCE 0.34 they were some changes that effected my game, so I began adjusting my mods to work with it as they should. I must have changed something that now prevents you running this older versions.

I think I now need to put a new version stamp on all my mods and specify they now only work on XCE 0.34.

I think MAX maybe able to update the names of my mod so the reflect the new version of XCE.

Max if you are reading, would you be so kind to update my 6 choices mod names to reflect XCE 0.34

Oh and thanks so much for the positive feedback, glad you are liking the mods.

I don't imagine that this mod is compatible with X-Division, is it?

No I am afraid not, this was asked just a few days ago.

X-division is a total overhaul mod and as such owns pretty mush all the files. If you try to combine them they will just clash.

X-division is a very good mod so why don't you complete one set of mods then take a break and then go back and play with x-division or vice versa.

Have fun

I ctd every time I click the soldier tab, any suggestions on how to fix this?

This is nearly always caused by missing graphics in the soldier equipment screen.

Nobody else is reporting this and I have not updated anything soldier weapon wise lately.

So I guess the first question is did you attempt to mod anything?

erm... second question should probably be what other mods are you using?

also where about's in the game are you when experiencing this, have you just started or been playing a while?

What was the last thing you researched?

erm cant think of anything else to ask at the moment but, hopefully answering the above questions might give me a bit of a clue.

• 3 weeks later...

Never thought I'd play another mod besides X-Division, but I'm extremely glad I gave yours a shot. As brutal and fun as X-Div is, it is equally fun to just "sit back and relax" with tons of new choices and content to play without having to put in a ton of thought into each and every mission.

Overall I'm a fan, and will give a much better/more detailed review once I get a bit further in, but so far I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing and I'm excited to see how/if this mod develops further. Thanks a ton!

Never thought I'd play another mod besides X-Division, but I'm extremely glad I gave yours a shot. As brutal and fun as X-Div is, it is equally fun to just "sit back and relax" with tons of new choices and content to play without having to put in a ton of thought into each and every mission.

Overall I'm a fan, and will give a much better/more detailed review once I get a bit further in, but so far I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing and I'm excited to see how/if this mod develops further. Thanks a ton!

So glad you like it and look foward to you review.

There is more comming, new dropships.

Knowing there are still people out there palying my mods gives me fresh incitives to finally finish them.

I am planning on releasing my dropships once completed with final update of my mods.

Check back here in a month or two.

The second to last shotgun you unlock is impressive-100 armor mitigation, I don't think I'll ever switch to MAGs haha

None the less, I like the ballistic weapon upgrade progression; I can save up on alloys as the upgraded weapons serve me well into the next in-game year.

Yep, that's was the idea of the nore choices mods.

For tactical games, it allows you to experiment with some diiferent stratagies, and for rpg type gamers hopefully the added content let's you customise each soldier.

Think maybe 100 mitigation is a tad high and could do with a slight tweek. If you have anew value that you think is more realistic and still keeps the mags worth while let me knoe. Maybe you could paytest a little.

The second to last shotgun you unlock is impressive-100 armor mitigation, I don't think I'll ever switch to MAGs haha

None the less, I like the ballistic weapon upgrade progression; I can save up on alloys as the upgraded weapons serve me well into the next in-game year.

For tactical games, it allows you to experiment with some diiferent stratagies, and for rpg type gamers hopefully the added content let's you customise each soldier.

Think maybe 100 mitigation is a tad high and could do with a slight tweek. If you have anew value that you think is more realistic and still keeps the mags worth while let me knoe. Maybe you could paytest a little.

Howdy! Quick question: I'm still relatively early in the game and whenever I go to the workshop it says that it takes somewhere along the lines of -2XXXXXXX days to complete an object. Whenever I build that object it stays paused, so I am unable to build anything. Any way to fix this?

Firstly thank-you for you're hard work fine sir, you have truly reinvigorated the life of xenonauts with you're mod's. I do have some questions however, I've search the previous posts so as to not waste you're time but only found a passing mention of alien corpses and their use from a few months ago.

So did you ever implement uses for dead alien bodies? I'm currently stacked to to the brim with the remains of vanquished alien scum ;) it makes navigating the storerooms a little frustrating. Can I sell them or are the needed further down the line? In fact could you just give me a brief list of what can be sold on/not integral for later use?

Also After building certain base buildings I cannot remove them, for example after constructing the radar upgrade, The original 3 radar dishes won't be demolished despite being on the edge of the base and not integral to any other rooms connections, yet in my second base it allowed them to be removed without issue, but then my second base won't allow me to remove the storeroom despite building a second one so as to make it superfluous, thus remove-able. Also new bases still have the larger command center instead of the upgraded version.

I'm not overly concerned if the base building problems can't be resolved but if there is a way I wouldn't mind as i'd like the room for some hangers in order to try out the drones. Either way you've done an excellent job on the mods and its much appreciated.

Edited by freakinbat

Not that I think it's TOO overpowered; I just find it hilarious to get shot at by an Andron Elite, only for it to crumple into scrap after one or two Reaction salvo's. Though I will mention that for some reason, a soldier wearing the Predator armor can still use that shotgun even though the Armor is supposed to restrict them to just LMG/SAW's.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or accidental, I have the mods (XMC 1-6) activated in the right order with no others interfering, just something that I'd bring up.

Not that I think it's TOO overpowered; I just find it hilarious to get shot at by an Andron Elite, only for it to crumple into scrap after one or two Reaction salvo's. Though I will mention that for some reason, a soldier wearing the Predator armor can still use that shotgun even though the Armor is supposed to restrict them to just LMG/SAW's.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or accidental, I have the mods (XMC 1-6) activated in the right order with no others interfering, just something that I'd bring up.

I am not sure I will have to check it out, as the only spare time I get playing around on my pc these days is spent expanding items in my mods, I don't get a lot of time to keep play testing and balancing. So I kind of have to rely on feedback from helpful players like yourself. If per chance you have some suggested new stats that work I will update my mods.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6848[/ATTACH]

So, this is happening. Anyway to fix this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6849[/ATTACH]

This is what I'm running

Oh dear, not sure what causes that issue but heard some others report it.

You will have to revert to a previous save for now.

Unfortunatley I cannot recreate the issue on my pc.

By anychance was you upgrtading the hgarage when this occurred?