XMC Part 1: (Ground Combat) Version 1.0 for XCE 0.33 HF1

aajs

Is there any conflict/would there be trouble if I wanted to check out some of the other major overhaul mods like X-Division and XNT?

My Mods will not work with total overhaul mods, they would just conflict.

But this does not mean that you should not play them.

You could complete the game using my mods and then play a new game with a total overhaul mod, they should be different enough to give you another whole gaming experience. Thus giving you real value for money against your original purchase price of the game.

My Mods will not work with total overhaul mods, they would just conflict.

But this does not mean that you should not play them.

You could complete the game using my mods and then play a new game with a total overhaul mod, they should be different enough to give you another whole gaming experience. Thus giving you real value for money against your original purchase price of the game.

Ok cool, that's what I figured. Thank you again for your quick response. I appreciate it!

Starting placement works fine for me.

Check that my part 1 choices mod is top of the list and secondly delete the files in this location.

(this is my location on steam) C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts\internal\scripts

I noticed sometimes these scripts don't always update as they should and deleting them forces them to get recreated.

I always do this when starting a new game or re-ordering mods.

Hi, tnx for the /scripts tip, the issue turned out to be me editing the gameconfig.xml in choicespart1 to modify how soldiers gain stats increase (really hate the "everyone levels at the same pace" and "you have to carry bricks in your backpack or you dont get strength" features of the original game)

That didnt work at first AND made base start layout not work as well, but then i added the MODMERGE="update" thingy and it looks everything works fine now.

Im just wondering if it may conflict with something else (i installed all your suggested mods in the suggested order)

Here is how my gameconfig.xml (in ChoicesPart1) looks right now:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<GameConfig>

<!-- GEOSCAPE GAMEPLAY VARIABLES -->

<!-- STARTING MONEY -->

<startingMoney value="2000000" comment="The Xenonaut funds on new game start (before buying first base)" />

<!-- SOLDIER GENERATION VARIABLES -->

<minSoldierAge value="16" comment="The minimal age of a soldier." />

<maxSoldierAge value="30" comment="The maximal age of a soldier." />

<femaleSoldierChance MODMERGE="update" value="66" comment="The percent chance that a generated soldier is a female" />

<soldierStats MODMERGE="update" comment="Soldier's stats are generated with values in the specified range.">

<actionPoints min="35" max="55" />

<resilence min="35" max="55" />

<strength min="35" max="55" />

<accuracy min="35" max="55" />

<reflexes min="35" max="55" />

<bravery min="35" max="55" />

</soldierStats>

<startingSoldiersStatBonus MODMERGE="update" value="0" comment="Bonus applied to starting soldiers' stats" />

<!-- SOLDIER DEVELOPMENT VARIABLES -->

<soldierDevelopment MODMERGE="update">

<!-- Soldiers develop their attributes by using them. Each time the soldier performs a certain action, he will gain a "progress point" in that attribute. Once he reaches the "pointsToProgress" value, the attribute will increase by one point. These progress points are cumulative and are stored from mission to mission. -->

<APProgress pointsToProgress="600" maxPointsInSingleBattle="3000" globalMaxProgress="98" comment="A progress point is earned every time a soldier spends a TU on a mission" />

<strengthProgress pointsToProgress="60" maxPointsInSingleBattle="300" globalMaxProgress="98" strengthCoeff="10" comment="Points are given when soldier moves one tile while carrying more than strengthCoeff percent of its maximum carry weight" />

<accuracyProgress pointsToProgress="6" maxPointsInSingleBattle="30" globalMaxProgress="98" comment="Points are given when a soldier attempts to fire at a valid hostile enemy within weapon range * 1.5" />

<reflexesProgress pointsToProgress="1" maxPointsInSingleBattle="5" globalMaxProgress="98" comment="A progress point is gained when a soldier performs a Reaction Fire test (it doesn't matter whether he passes or fails it)" />

<braveryProgress pointsToProgress="1" maxPointsInSingleBattle="5" globalMaxProgress="98" comment="A progress point is earned whenever a soldier panics in battle" />

<resilienceProgress pointsToProgress="4" globalMaxProgress="97" comment="A progress points is earned every time the soldier gets a skillup in any other attribute" />

</soldierDevelopment>

<!-- DIFFICULTY MULTIPLIERS -->

<!-- The values for each are multiplied by these numbers -->

<alienTickerSpeedEasy value="0.6" />

<alienTickerSpeedNormal value="0.7" />

<alienTickerSpeedVeteran value="0.7" />

<alienTickerSpeedSuperhuman value="0.9" />

<!-- STARTING BUILDINGS -->

<!--"Type" must match the name of the building in buildings.xml. "xposition" and "ypoisition" indicate the position

of the top-left corner of the building along the x and y axis, with 0 used for the first row/column. Orientation

indicates whether the building is placed vertically or horizontally; use 0 for vertical and 90 for horizontal-->

<baseBuilding0 type="Hangar" xposition="2" yposition="0" orientation="0"/>

<baseBuilding1 type="Hangar" xposition="3" yposition="0" orientation="0"/>

<baseBuilding2 type="Hangar" xposition="4" yposition="0" orientation="0"/>

<baseBuilding3 type="Hangar" xposition="5" yposition="0" orientation="0"/>

<baseBuilding4 type="LivingQuarters" xposition="2" yposition="4" orientation="90"/>

<baseBuilding5 type="Radar" xposition="5" yposition="4" orientation="0"/>

<baseBuilding6 type="Storeroom" xposition="4" yposition="4" orientation="0"/>

<baseBuilding7 type="Laboratory" xposition="5" yposition="2" orientation="0"/>

<baseBuilding8 type="Workshop" xposition="4" yposition="2" orientation="0"/>

<baseBuilding9 type="Garage" xposition="5" yposition="5" orientation="0"/>

</GameConfig>

Do you think im good to go now? :)

Oh, and thank you so much for the amazing mods, i havent played since vanila release and these mods look fantastic!

Edited by Stinkspray

Apparently you need to specify '1xAlienHeavyFighterDatacore' in the manufactures.xml. It's currently got the entry as just AlienHeavyFighterDatacore.

Also, since this is sort-of related, I just want to confirm: is it intended that you can only build one of each alien aircraft? In my previous save (which I unfortunately don't have access to now) I had downed at least a dozen or so alien fighters (based on the number of hulls lying around) but only ever recovered one datacore, and I think it's vanilla behavior to only ever recover one datacore in a given playthrough.

OwenQ is right except that technically it's "1xItems.AlienHeavyFighterDatacore". Luckily I have programming experience and figured out fairly quickly why his recommended solution, as quoted, didn't work.

Thanks Owen! I haven't programmed this game before and hadn't taken a look at the file structure, and didn't know where to start.

Oh very nice, thanks guys.

I will update my file, sorry I am a little slow on the updates just now, I am only managing around 10 mins a day on my laptop at the moment due to other commitments.

So wehen you post a bug along with the solution you can understand how happy that makes me, all I need to do is quickly update and upload.

Yes I also noticed that you can only seem to build one of each craft, and this was not intended.

Iwhen looking at this last I was trying to establish if the shot down craft actually return all 3 items as specified.

I guess the next check if you do not mind is to see if you have all 3 components required in your stores to manufacture the item.

If not then there may be a limit to how many items a destroyed enemy craft can return.

If that's the case we can just reduce the returned items and manufacturing requirments.

I don't want to ruin your play through, but if you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and attempting to resolve the issue I would appreciate it. Otherwise I hopefully will be in a bit of a better situation next week to look at it more deeply.

Oh very nice, thanks guys.

I will update my file, sorry I am a little slow on the updates just now, I am only managing around 10 mins a day on my laptop at the moment due to other commitments.

So wehen you post a bug along with the solution you can understand how happy that makes me, all I need to do is quickly update and upload.

Yes I also noticed that you can only seem to build one of each craft, and this was not intended.

Iwhen looking at this last I was trying to establish if the shot down craft actually return all 3 items as specified.

I guess the next check if you do not mind is to see if you have all 3 components required in your stores to manufacture the item.

If not then there may be a limit to how many items a destroyed enemy craft can return.

If that's the case we can just reduce the returned items and manufacturing requirments.

I don't want to ruin your play through, but if you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and attempting to resolve the issue I would appreciate it. Otherwise I hopefully will be in a bit of a better situation next week to look at it more deeply.

No problem! I have my own projects I'm typically working alone on in my spare time, and have for years, so I definitely get it and appreciate your excellent work and the fact that you care and do your best.

As for the problem at hand, I believe Owen is correct. I have not been able to recover more than one datacore, and I vaguely recall either that or another necessary part being sold off automatically at the end of a mission, which frustrated me. If someone could figure out how to change what items are recoverable from a landing/crash, that would be awesome.

Also, while we're on the subject of bugs:

I have noticed that when I equip certain armor or the plasma stun gun, my character's portrait (seems to be the case of armor which blocks face visibility) and my character him/herself (in the case of the stun gun) disappears. In the latter case, I only see a show until I equip a different weapon. Also, only one weapon seems to show, and in some cases holding a shield secondary to certain guns the shield doesn't show, only the gun, and vise versa sometimes occurs with other guns.

No problem! I have my own projects I'm typically working alone on in my spare time, and have for years, so I definitely get it and appreciate your excellent work and the fact that you care and do your best.

As for the problem at hand, I believe Owen is correct. I have not been able to recover more than one datacore, and I vaguely recall either that or another necessary part being sold off automatically at the end of a mission, which frustrated me. If someone could figure out how to change what items are recoverable from a landing/crash, that would be awesome.

Also, while we're on the subject of bugs:

I have noticed that when I equip certain armor or the plasma stun gun, my character's portrait (seems to be the case of armor which blocks face visibility) and my character him/herself (in the case of the stun gun) disappears. In the latter case, I only see a show until I equip a different weapon. Also, only one weapon seems to show, and in some cases holding a shield secondary to certain guns the shield doesn't show, only the gun, and vise versa sometimes occurs with other guns.

The items for building the alien fighters should all be dropped when you shoot them down.

This is a entry in the aircrafts.xml. whether they are sold of at the end of the mission is how the entry is configured in items .xml

capped means sold off at end of mission

uncapped means returned to stores at the end of the mission.

Hope that helps trouble shooting that part.

Regarding the second buys, I better get that sorted.

Can you give me for each example the armour in question and names of the weapons / shield combinations held.

And are the missing graphics in ground combat or soldier equipment screen.

I though I had resolved all these graphics bugs, but looks like there are still some persisting.

The items for building the alien fighters should all be dropped when you shoot them down.

This is a entry in the aircrafts.xml. whether they are sold of at the end of the mission is how the entry is configured in items .xml

capped means sold off at end of mission

uncapped means returned to stores at the end of the mission.

Hope that helps trouble shooting that part.

Regarding the second buys, I better get that sorted.

Can you give me for each example the armour in question and names of the weapons / shield combinations held.

And are the missing graphics in ground combat or soldier equipment screen.

I though I had resolved all these graphics bugs, but looks like there are still some persisting.

I don't see "capped" or "uncapped". I see "unlimited" but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about, and I don't see how to identify which field is what item. Can you give me an example?

As for the items which cause problems:

The graphic glitches are in ground combat.

It seems primarily the Neural Inhibitor which causes the graphic glitches. I just tried it, and realized I had forgotten that it's different depending on both the situation and the map. Some maps have more issues than others, just as on some maps some rooftops and stone/hill formations are able to be landed on by flying suited soldiers, and some are not.

If I load in with it equipped as the primary weapon, the character is invisible. If I equip it during the mission, the graphics freeze, and my character image doesn't change. It no longer rotates when I turn to face a different direction, and just floats across the screen like a cardboard cutout if I fly.

I will let you know when I come across the other weapon issues again, like the shield wielding glitches.

The missing face problem doesn't seem specific to a single armor, and I have several armor mods going beyond yours. I have armor replacer and Jsleezy's armor and real fighter portrait mods, and I think they might be part of the problem. I deleted Khall's faces to resolve a conflict that seemed to be keeping Jsleezy's from showing up, and that may be why I am experiencing missing faces.

I don't know how faces are chosen, but given some of the xml files which included names, it may be that I would have to start a new game or buy new characters for the missing faces to be resolved.

Edited by ShadowSlyr

You know what I would really appreciate being modded? I found another mod that does it, but it does other things which would make my life harder. Mind control should not be feasible against soldiers who's morale is full or even close to it.

I'm tired of the Praetorean being able to mind control my guys so damn easily. I attack a fortress or landed aircraft where one is present, and 2-4 of my guys are "overcome with dread" every dang round, and guys with full morale get mind controlled way too often.

4-6 Re-loads in a row and every time someone gets mind-controlled. I'm going to go play something else for a while. This is frustrating the hell out of me.

Also, either motion detectors don't do anything or I don't know how to use them.

Edited by ShadowSlyr

You know what I would really appreciate being modded? I found another mod that does it, but it does other things which would make my life harder. Mind control should not be feasible against soldiers who's morale is full or even close to it.

I'm tired of the Praetorean being able to mind control my guys so damn easily. I attack a fortress or landed aircraft where one is present, and 2-4 of my guys are "overcome with dread" every dang round, and guys with full morale get mind controlled way too often.

4-6 Re-loads in a row and every time someone gets mind-controlled. I'm going to go play something else for a while. This is frustrating the hell out of me.

Also, either motion detectors don't do anything or I don't know how to use them.

Motion detectors basically set you reaction fire setting very high, so they are mainly good for scouts with a pistol in the other hand. That way if you run across an enemy you should be able to fire a couple of shots back or move into cover before they start making their own reaction shots in your round.

I can look into the mind control thing, I don't suppose you happen to know what mod it was that nerfed it.

I think I did have an armour at some point that gives some psionic protection, maybe I could make another one that gives total protection, I guess I would need to investigate this a little.

I found it, but I actually heave been running it and just forgot, and it doesn't seem to have helped...

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11590-v1-5-XCE-Hold-the-Line!-A-Morale-and-Psionics-Mod

This might help though

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11911-X-CE-v0-27-S-20-Aegis-Counterpsionic-Support-Armour

Update:

It didn't seem to be working, or not enough, so I checked the codes and manually implemented the changes to the psi abilities, and I was finally able to finish the round without my perfectly brave soldiers being constantly overcome with extreme maladies or mind controlled. It finally seems to be working.

On the down side, I tried to check the requirements for repairing and using a downed Heavy Alien Fighter... and the game crashed. I reloaded and tried again to see if it was a fluke, and it wasn't; it crashed again... sigh LOL

I'm not too concerned about it, as I have much more advanced fighters researched like the Marauder and Boomerang, but it would have been nice for novelty's sake. Now I just have to remember not to touch that one until it's fixed LOL

Edited by ShadowSlyr
Update

I found it, but I actually heave been running it and just forgot, and it doesn't seem to have helped...

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11590-v1-5-XCE-Hold-the-Line!-A-Morale-and-Psionics-Mod

This might help though

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11911-X-CE-v0-27-S-20-Aegis-Counterpsionic-Support-Armour

Update:

It didn't seem to be working, or not enough, so I checked the codes and manually implemented the changes to the psi abilities, and I was finally able to finish the round without my perfectly brave soldiers being constantly overcome with extreme maladies or mind controlled. It finally seems to be working.

On the down side, I tried to check the requirements for repairing and using a downed Heavy Alien Fighter... and the game crashed. I reloaded and tried again to see if it was a fluke, and it wasn't; it crashed again... sigh LOL

I'm not too concerned about it, as I have much more advanced fighters researched like the Marauder and Boomerang, but it would have been nice for novelty's sake. Now I just have to remember not to touch that one until it's fixed LOL

Thanks,

I will play around with the settings from that mod.

Might be nice if players could use it as is.

Hopefully it will be compatible.

That's kinda sad, but i have to admit that i have the same problem as staineer. Same conditions (latest base game version, XCE 0.33, fresh download of all your mod parts) and same result - CTD at about 50% of loading bar of any ground combat.

Edited by Archipelago
typo, in xce №