Crash on Save + Deleted Sace

Dzlan

So, I'm playing the standard CE edition 0.33 without Balance or Settings mod.

I got right up to January when I found this majorly frustrating bug.

So, I'm on the geoscope and running time normally, when the game suddenly freezes. Okay, I kill it, and load game.

Whereupon I notice there is now only 2 autosaves (Where there was earlier 3) and my standard save named Campaign.

So I load Campaign, and I begin speeding time again. At precisely the same time, the game crashes again. I kill it, load game,

Now only 1 autosave remains along with 'Campaign'.

Did all this again (Cause I'm an idiot) until I lost all the autosaves.

So I load Campaign again. This is my only non autosave I have and now currently the only save left. That's fine I guess.

Now I was an idiot and decided 'Maybe saving again would stop this bug?'

The moment I clicked Save Game, the game froze. :'( And of course, you guessed it. I killed the program, loaded it up, and now Campaign is gone.

At this point in time. Every time the game save's, it freezes instead and that particular save is removed it seems. Anyone got a fix, or idea? I can't upload a save with this problem :'( Because.. it's gone now.

Thanks for any help guys.

Wow, thanks for the quick replies.

I'm reinstalled and installed HF1 (Just realized 0.33 HF1 is a simple update to 0.33) and installed Balance and Settings. (Dunno what they even change)

Anyway, I'll start a new game, probably Veteran this time and see how it goes later on. Thanks guys, hope the re installation fixes it.

Kabill, I'd love to contribute the save but I'm not sure how to recover it as the save deleted itself when it crashed every time. I stupidly kept going until all the saves were removed before realizing what it was doing.

Kabill, I'd love to contribute the save but I'm not sure how to recover it as the save deleted itself when it crashed every time. I stupidly kept going until all the saves were removed before realizing what it was doing.

Ugh, sorry, that's what I get for mot reading all the way through to the end. Never mind.

Nothing in the trash bin.

Could also be a wine bug maybe? But it didn't happen for a good year in game either.

I'll let you guys know in the future if it pops up. :)

And woah, nice looking mods Kabill. I'm rather new to Xenonauts but I might be checking out those mods soon.