[XCE Only] Kabill's Tactical Armouries

kabill

By the way, when I was browsing the .xml tables of the mod I noticed that MAG weapons are categorized as plasma and vice versa. I suppose it has something to do with the stock techtree. Also can't find the multi-missile launcher that appears in the Xenopedia after fully researching MAG weapons. It never even showed up as an option in engineering.

Edited by Dr. Somgosomgo

Yes. As I wrote above - it happened only during base defence.

Sorry, missed that you'd specified that. I can only assume that this is a bug with the game itself and not the mod. I certainly can't think of anything that the mod does which would cause a problem in that specific context. If I have time I may have a play-around though. Very weird.

By the way, when I was browsing the .xml tables of the mod I noticed that MAG weapons are categorized as plasma and vice versa. I suppose it has something to do with the stock techtree. Also can't find the multi-missile launcher that appears in the Xenopedia after fully researching MAG weapons. It never even showed up as an option in engineering.

Multi-missile launcher issue sounds like an oversight. I will look.

Regarding the weapon class, yes, it's because MAG and Plasma have swapped tiers in the mod. It doesn't make any difference gameplay wise but puts them in the appropriate place.

Sorry, missed that you'd specified that. I can only assume that this is a bug with the game itself and not the mod. I certainly can't think of anything that the mod does which would cause a problem in that specific context. If I have time I may have a play-around though. Very weird.

Thanks. I will be waiting. UPDATE: That bug occured in regular GC.

Edited by Dr. Somgosomgo

During base defence, and only there (so far), Xenonauts equipped with Predator armour and its weapons cannot fire at all because the volley costs more than 100% of all their TUs.

I have just done a quick test my end and everything seems to be working fine.

Can you tell me what you are equipping the soldiers with? I thought it was going to be a problem with the TU cost adjustment applied by the Predator Armour but that seems to be fine.

I have just done a quick test my end and everything seems to be working fine.

Can you tell me what you are equipping the soldiers with? I thought it was going to be a problem with the TU cost adjustment applied by the Predator Armour but that seems to be fine.

One of them is equipped with a regular autocannon and the other one has a magstorm. Both of their backpacks are full of explosives but their carried weight had no effect on the bug.

Edited by Dr. Somgosomgo

Hey Kabill, this is a great mod, but I've had run across a pretty frustrating bug in my play through.

When I equip predator armor with any predator weapon other than the default autocannon, the ammo count is zero both in the equip screen and in combat. I am running it with X:CE and the only other mods installed are 'fire in the hole' and 'hold the line'.

Thanks

Hey Kabill, this is a great mod, but I've had run across a pretty frustrating bug in my play through.

When I equip predator armor with any predator weapon other than the default autocannon, the ammo count is zero both in the equip screen and in combat. I am running it with X:CE and the only other mods installed are 'fire in the hole' and 'hold the line'.

Thanks

I had a similar bug but it wasn't quite as debilitating; After constructing a Predator Magstorm I went to the armory and had a trooper equip it. Even though I noticed that its ammo count said zero, I didn't assign much importance to it and opened this thread to report the bug some time later. After restarting the game for a reason I can't recall, the counter showed 50/50 as it should have.

Edited by Dr. Somgosomgo

I had a similar bug but it wasn't quite as debilitating; After constructing a Predator Magstorm I went to the armory and had a trooper equip it. Even though I noticed that its ammo count said zero, I didn't assign much importance to it and opened this thread to report the bug some time later. After restarting the game for a reason I can't recall, the counter showed 50/50 as it should have.

Turns out this is how it works for me too, but I never noticed because of where my save was when i tried restarting. It seems the weapons will have zero ammo immediately after being equipped from inventory. When I took a predator with zero ammo out for a spin, it was empty for the mission, but refilled when I came back to base. Switching the weapon between hands kept the weapon full but removing it completely and re-equipping it gave zero ammo again.

Another thing, the ammo counts for laser, plasma, and predator weapons are wonky. The laser rifle description says 12 shots, but it contains 9 in practice. The descriptions for the Laser carbine and pistol say 6, but they also contain 9 shots. The plasma Rifle will read 6/6 in the loadout screen, but once you load GC, the weapon has 6/9 rounds, and I can reload it to 9/9. Predator weapons like the chaingun and magstorm have half of the capacity stated in the tooltips.

Not sure which values you prefer for the predators, but I do find that 50 rounds in a magstorm is enough to last even a long drawn out terror mission on veteran. Not having the ammo reserves to lay down torrents of fire every turn does add an element of resource management that I'm kind of into. I've found myself equipping both a laser and an automatic weapon in most missions for the flexibilty of dealing two types of damage.

And stupid question here, is the mag-grenade launcher thing added by this mod or did that come from X:CE? If that is this mod, I got the message from the scientist explaining what it does, but it's nowhere to be seen in the workshop. I haven't researched fusion explosives yet, don't know if thats actually a pre-req for this weapon.

Another thing, the ammo counts for laser, plasma, and predator weapons are wonky. The laser rifle description says 12 shots, but it contains 9 in practice. The descriptions for the Laser carbine and pistol say 6, but they also contain 9 shots. The plasma Rifle will read 6/6 in the loadout screen, but once you load GC, the weapon has 6/9 rounds, and I can reload it to 9/9. Predator weapons like the chaingun and magstorm have half of the capacity stated in the tooltips.

Not sure which values you prefer for the predators, but I do find that 50 rounds in a magstorm is enough to last even a long drawn out terror mission on veteran. Not having the ammo reserves to lay down torrents of fire every turn does add an element of resource management that I'm kind of into. I've found myself equipping both a laser and an automatic weapon in most missions for the flexibilty of dealing two types of damage.

And stupid question here, is the mag-grenade launcher thing added by this mod or did that come from X:CE? If that is this mod, I got the message from the scientist explaining what it does, but it's nowhere to be seen in the workshop. I haven't researched fusion explosives yet, don't know if thats actually a pre-req for this weapon.

Some of the tooltips are wrong because I changed the stats after writing the tooltips and never updated. If you notice anything else like this then pass it on as it is easy to update.

In terms of differences between geoscape and GC ammo counts, that's a bug and easy to fix. Missing MAG launcher manufacture is also a bug - probably a typo or oversight.

Shall have a think about the predator weapons and their ammo count. I think the larger values are supposed to be correct but I do agree that the smaller values might work better, especially as a further justification for mounting two weapons.

I finally have something to say about the balance. Personally, I find the change to the small drone's weapon unnecessary. The three-round burst it gets with this mod seems slightly too OP and pretty much ruins the drone's point. They were enough of a nuisance in stock, and now they get more damage per shot with what looks like the same suppression effect.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update!

I did the thing.  At last!  New version is up, with some bug fixes (fewer than I thought but can't find any outstanding issues that I've not addressed here, aside from some animation issues which will take too long for me to fix at the moment).  Change log:

- BALANCE: Light Drones now have reduced firepower (single shot rather than burst).
- FIX: Updated tooltip info for weapons (should now all be correct).
- FIX: Multi-Missile Launcher now unlocks correctly after research. 
- FIX: Predator Armour Weapons now equip ammunition correctly .
- FIX: Fire-producing weapons now produce actual fire!  (Previously they produced a simulacrum of fire using the gases template as it gave me more control over the effect but this had issues like not illuminating nearby tiles and not interrupting Sebillian accuracy so have reverted to 'real' fire).

I have a bit more time over the next month and a half so if anyone has things they want me to look into regarding balance, I might be able to do that.