Xenonauts: Community Edition 0.33 HF1

Update for version 0.33 of Xenonauts: Community Edition has been released as 0.33 HF1.

Installation (Steam users):

• Steam will be automatically updated (may take a while until the update is available).

Installation (other users):

• If you already have 0.33 installed, use "Modding Tools" in the game launcher to install the base X:CE mod. There are no changes to the settings or balance mods, so after updating the base mod it is enough to restart the game.
  • Otherwise, follow installation steps from the 0.33 announcement, only use 0.33 HF1's base mod instead of 0.33's .

Changes summary:

• * Make the game start if the Windows username contains non-ASCII characters.
    * Avoid a lockup when trying to show a dialog for an event near the edge of the screen.
    * Save files are actually written to the disk at the end of saving (thus should avoid possibly creating corrupted saves if the game crashes).
    * Properly reset airplane's low-fuel flag (that requires it to return to the base) as soon as it starts refueling.
    * Fix remembering of recently used maps for ground combat. The game should be much less likely to reuse a map from ground combat if there are still other suitable maps for the terrain/ufo combination.
    * Fix fire spreading through UFOs landed on hay ground.
    * Fix fleeing sometimes actually not moving the soldier anywhere.
    * Fix tooltips for medals in the soldier equip view.
    * Fix dropping items from belt to the ground sometimes not working.
    * Fixed some minor graphical problems in soviettown terror maps.

For further details, see the 0.33 release annoucement.

I've recently started a new serious playthough after a long hiatus, and overall the game feels great. I've had one lock up (alien reaction firing me just as i've stepped on a teleporter) but otherwise the game is super stable and plays well.

Has anyone else been experiencing passive, non teleporting wraiths? I just had one on a landingship crash site that had a green plasma AOE weapon. I danced around it for who knows how many turns and it just didn't teleport away. Also, is it normal that is doesn't shoot every turn with that weapon?

Edited by Skitso

Has anyone else been experiencing passive, non teleporting wraiths? I just had one on a landingship crash site that had a green plasma AOE weapon. I danced around it for who knows how many turns and it just didn't teleport away. Also, is it normal that is doesn't shoot every turn with that weapon?

I have only made it to the end of the campaign once, so I don't have a really good point of reference, but I thought the Wraiths were unusually passive too. Quite often I would spot them at a distance, withdraw, gather up my guys to engage and end the turn. When I would scout forward again the Wraith would usually be in the same spot (not having taken cover or moved or anything).

I was running without the CE Balance mod turned on though.

• 4 weeks later...

My men and women keep getting killed by aliens shooting through solid walls I am hiding behind. It is especially deadly when it is the assault weapons. This happens in cityscapes all the time - it's like the walls aren't even there. I can't provide a save since I am playing iron man.

Actually, it must be a map bug, because I've found I can shoot aliens with whatever weapons I want through some solid walls of buildings on cityscapes. Sadly I again have no save, but I assure you these walls look like they exist, but do not hamper bullets in any way.