Xenopedia Entries "Right Side" Revision

drages

At Ufopedia, you see some type of items info automatically shown at right side. This part is very important about the fast info to give players. Sadly, it's not finished at the game.

Default Ufopedia got all the GC weapons as branches. I changed this to X-Com style 1 by 1 weapon at my mod. When you use the exact weapon name at ufopedia.xml you see this:

2015-07-15_00001.jpg

As you see some infos are "undefined". The info at this part comes from weapons.xml directly. But there is some problem about this connection.

1. Armour Mitigation and Recoil is not at weapons.xml file. These infos should be at the coding like;

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">name</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">stockTextureName</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">dragTextureName</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">type</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">twoHanded</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">damage</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell> [b]  <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">mitigation</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>[/b]   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">range</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">clipsize</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>  [color=#FF0000] <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">[b]accuracy-->recoil[/b]</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>[/color]   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">weight</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">slotsizex</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">slotsizey</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">ammo</Data><NamedCell     ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">reloadCost</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s62"><Data ss:Type="String">reloadSound</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s63"><Data ss:Type="String">inventoryCategory</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s64"><Data ss:Type="String">isBigGun</Data></Cell>  </Row>

There should be a mitigation entry and accuracy (is not using) should be changed with recoil.

2. Even there is a damage type info at the weapons.xml entries, it's still written as undefined at ufopedia as you see.

--------------------------------

As airplanes info, there should be info about dropships soldier/vehicle capacity.

Ilunak or Kabill please look at these. I think it should not be a big problem and it should be just some info linking. It looks unfinished and not fit to our great game at all.. thx!

2015-07-15_00001.jpg

2015-07-15_00001.thumb.jpg.1ac98b4f86ab8

I think we should be able to create our own descriptions in that field. I'd like to have the weapon stats but I don't want to split the entries, so I'd put them all listed together in one xenopedia entry. Maybe it would be easier to just use a string instead of pulling the stats from Weapon, Armour, Aircraft.xml or whatever the current system uses.

I think we should be able to create our own descriptions in that field. I'd like to have the weapon stats but I don't want to split the entries, so I'd put them all listed together in one xenopedia entry. Maybe it would be easier to just use a string instead of pulling the stats from Weapon, Armour, Aircraft.xml or whatever the current system uses.

You can use string too. Just when you created a 100s weapons, you need all the short cuts you need. Thé string sight is mostly for lore rather then numbers.