Rebalanced Economy

Arnonymous

It seemed to me obvious that the balance of the economy was kind of problematic, especially in the genius level of difficulty.

Some alien items / artefacts sell values and weapons manufacturing costs have been modified at our advantage in order to rebalance the economy (struggling in the vanilla game).

Of course, the sell values of our own equipment have been proportionnally modified too.

Airstrike rewards have been slightly increased too.

Main changes concern the weapons manufacturing costs that are twice cheaper than before.

Installation: you can install the mod (tested and fonctionnal on the 1.59 release of Xenonauts but not working on 1.09) or unzip the archive and just overwrite all 3 files in your "assets" folder into the game directory.

Overwriting works for all releases (save the vanilla files so you can restore them as you wish).

Community Edition: install the mod (tested and fonctionnal on the 0.33 release of the Community Edition).

Rebalanced Economy 1.59 (mod).zip

Rebalanced Economy CE 0.33 (mod).zip

Edited by Arnonymous

• 2 years later...
On 9/12/2018 at 2:26 AM, kabill said:

IIRC they are in the aircrafts.xml file, in the entries for different kinds of UFO.

Yeah, I decided to take a look at the files in his mod and saw the values there. Unfortunately, I didn't see any way to add items to the airstrike reward...

I have an idea to reduce the amount of UFOs you need to raid, and airstrike item rewards were part of it. I see a "shot down" reward section, is that one-off or every time you shoot them down?

11 hours ago, RoflTank said:

Yeah, I decided to take a look at the files in his mod and saw the values there. Unfortunately, I didn't see any way to add items to the airstrike reward...

I have an idea to reduce the amount of UFOs you need to raid, and airstrike item rewards were part of it. I see a "shot down" reward section, is that one-off or every time you shoot them down?

ShotDownBonus is the relations increase you get with the country the UFO is flying over for shooting it down.  OnWinAgainst is where you can specify a reward for shooting down the aircraft (it is e.g. how you get stuff from fighters and other UFOs that don't spawn crash missions).  But to the best of my knowledge, there's no way you could add in non-cash rewards for airstrikes specifically.