Sign in to follow this  
Msvknight

Mount & Blade

Im bought this a little while ago, I knew about if for a bit, and its quite awesome, I have only touched vanilla Warband, but im now starting to play the Napoleonic x-pack. Anyone else play this?

Im bought this a little while ago, I knew about if for a bit, and its quite awesome, I have only touched vanilla Warband, but im now starting to play the Napoleonic x-pack. Anyone else play this?

I absolutely love mount and blade warband. It's more or less my perfect game. With Xenonauts and that on my harddrive I could happily never leave the house.

I'd give one of the mods that enhance Native Warband a go for sure. Plenty to choose from. Some just add a lot more weapons and a few more tactical options (such as ones based on the Diplomacy mod) and others add a lot to enhance the entire game including graphics (such as Floris) but make it a bit harder too.

Others totally transform the game world but I've not tried those yet.

Yep. I got sucked into Warband about two weeks ago and expect to see it eat more of my life than the Elder Scrolls series has. Currently playing with the Diplomacy mod, mainly because it didn't require me to start a new game. After I finish taking over the world, I might try another mod for my second game, but we'll see.

I made my own empire, and took over most most of the Swadians, but then the Nords and Vaegirs declared war on mr, the Vaegirs haven't done much, but the nords keep running around and wrecking stuff..... maybe i should find a new Marshall....

I made my own empire, and took over most most of the Swadians, but then the Nords and Vaegirs declared war on mr, the Vaegirs haven't done much, but the nords keep running around and wrecking stuff..... maybe i should find a new Marshall....

You've gotten further than me. I usually start again for some reason or other once I'm working for a lord and trying to gain influence and friends etc.

I kind of enjoy the carefree life as a band of noble murderers for hire, and the responsibility of campaigns and kings etc takes it's toll on me.

Have you tried it 'iron man'? - disabling the save/load ability?

Warband is absolutely my favourite of the series - it emphasises and expands what was great about the original, whilst its sequels seem to mostly advance the technology era - which is not ideal in a game where massed ranged fire was the least enjoyable thing to face.

So very many mods. I hope they eventually come back and try a M&B Warband II, but I doubt they get enough sales for sufficient redevelopment to justify it - direct sequels tend to be comparatively expensive.