script editing issue with the latest CE

Skitso

Am I going mad, or what? I'm trying to modify personnelview.lua in assets/scripts/ but none of my modifications seem to be showing in the game. I even deleted the whole file and the barracks view stays as is. What am I missing? There isn't any script duplicates in the mods folder either.

Anyone, please? :)

Edited by Skitso

Calm down man.. you are losing it!!! :)

It looks like there is a lame very basic problem there.. like you got 2 game installed and you edit one and open the other.. Did you delete the main game files or CE files? Even you delete the game script files, there is CE files.. you should delete both if you want them deleted.

Yeah, I have three or four Xenonaut installations on my hard drive but I'm positive I'm running the same folder I'm modifying the scripts in.

I even moved the installation folder I'm modifying in a different location and shut down / restarted my computer and no... at the moment the folder doesn't even have the personnelview.lua in the assets/scripts/ folder and the barracks screen still looks like normal.

Edited by Skitso

I checked and i got it at assets/script and assets/mods/xce/scrips.. did you get rid of them both? Maybe main exe file got them already in it and the files we see, are only for editing.. i didnt try erasing them and check it.. if you want i can do it too..

But as i said i am using my scripts ok with 0.33 but i think i got 1.09 game version still...

yeah, don't have any scripts in /mods/xce. Only in assets/scripts/. And I even deleted it there. I can't understand this at all.

If I rename/remove scripts folder, the game halts in main menu so it does something, but editing any *view.lua's don't seem to do anythng. I truly wonder where the game loads them.

Hopefully llunak sees this and can shed some light in this as I truly can't understand this anymore. It feels like the lua in somehow in my computers memory and is not overwrited. I managed to get empty barracks screen after I copied installation directory to somewhere else, restarted my computer etc. Don't know what affected it, but after I moved the .lua back, any changes I do to it doesn't work.