X:CE 0.33 Release Candidate

After playing this version a bit more and comparing save games with identical scenarios to previous releases, I'm quite sure the recent changes have broken something in the AI.

In many situations the AI just rushes to my units and reserve TU's in situations it doesn't make any sense. I'm aware the AI has had the tendency to behave like this in earlier versions (and vanilla game) too, but with CE0.33 it seems to be constant and really feel broken:

I just had an alien base mission where I made a mistake and left a lone xenonaut stand in a bad position and was sure it would cost his life. Three sebillian units ran from the door to stand next to him just to go reserve their TU's.

Edited by Skitso

I made some tests when i was trying my new weapons.

I got my own aiprops and it updates nearly everything, so its not like CE or default AI.

It's strange that, I feel opposite of Skitso. Ceasans tried to throw everything at me. I mean even defensive AI was much more aggressive then 0.32. I always said caesans are passive and cowardly. But lol... I wasnt expecting that kind of aggression.. Ofcourse it could be mess of my AI but there is no run and stop situation..

I checked a bit more... yes they are totally aggressive.. This is at beginning of the game and they shoot and ask after..

• 2 weeks later...
I just had an alien base mission where I made a mistake and left a lone xenonaut stand in a bad position and was sure it would cost his life. Three sebillian units ran from the door to stand next to him just to go reserve their TU's.

Well, too bad. Do you want me to do something about that?

Well, too bad. Do you want me to do something about that?
Well.. yeah!

So where's the testcase for the bug? I'm pretty sure I've already told you that fixing a problem just from "this is broken roughly like this" description is quite hard (even though I think I've already fixed this one, but only just because I'd noticed it myself).

Ah well, it wasn't meant to be a bug report per se, but more of a notion that the part of the game in question could use some further improvements if someone just would be able to, and had time to do it. :)

Btw, is this fix you mentioned in the 0.33 already as it seems like the AI is behaving better?

Edited by Skitso

Ah well, it wasn't meant to be a bug report per se, but more of a notion that the part of the game in question could use some further improvements if someone just would be able to, and had time to do it. :)

So, in other words, it would have been completely fine is I just ignored it :) ?

Btw, is this fix you mentioned in the 0.33 already as it seems like the AI is behaving better?

Yes.

Yes.

And you are responsible for countless deaths of my squad members! :mad:

Jokes aside, I have recently returned to Xenonauts after a long break and I am astonished by the depth of changes and how fluid the gameplay has become. (Even the simple "skip hidden animations" works wonders and works well with my slow and careful gameplay).

These damn Sebilians keep setting traps on me - I supress and approach one - only to find his brothers sneaking up on my men, hiding in corners and killing them with a quick shot to the back...