V9.3 Delayed

OK, so Build V9.3 is not going to be out today I'm afraid. It'll arrive at some point this week. Probably best to assume the weeked, but we might put it out earlier if we can.

Why the delay? It's actually quite a big upgrade over V9.2. It includes bugfixes and further upgrades to the air combat UI (right-click contextual menu etc), but it also has some fairly big additions to it like base defence missions and terror sites. We thought these would be fairly simple to add, but predictably they haven't been as straightforward as anticipated.

So, basically, hold tight. I think you'll be rather impressed when you see the new build.

Delays are inevitable. Nature of the beast.

Thanks for keeping us updated. The best thing you can do (and you have been doing an excellent job of it), is keep the community up to date, and be honest about what's going on, and why.

Anticipating it will be awesome though.

I don't care how long it takes Chris, just so long as it's a stable release like the last one. There is no point in rushing a release out that locks up, or crashes within the first 5 minutes, we can't hunt down bugs if there is one bug that rules them all. :D

Edited by Moonie

These are great news indeed. Can't wait either, thumbs up Goldhawk.

Edit.- what is good in this religios catholic country in which they give you a week off (week of the saints, lol thx religion) and now I can't play 9.3 :''''( I have a severe case of the first world problems.

Edited by FranTorres

GOOOOOOD !! ok ok ok /excitement off/ take all the time you need Chris, you are a few but fine crew doing a great work, in fact take a month if you need it in order to give us those awesome terror missions. I loved them in UFO EU when you had a few soldiers left and all those crysalids (mispelt?) full of time units were rushing towards you.

We'll see if it actually materialises tonight. I'm most of the way through adding the new Xenopedia to the game so there's a decent chance but it might end up coming tomorrow morning instead if there's a delay. It's pretty close to being ready anyway.