Garrison Duty (a mod to help with manning garrisons and staffing strike teams)

Max_Caine

Hi Max,

I totally understand. My life sounds similar to be honest! Don't want to add to your stress.

I am about to try the mod again with a completely fresh install of the game so maybe I will have more luck. The research that seemed to cause the crash was the enhanced ballistics one. If it crashes again I will try and copy and past the crash log here or something.

I wonder if one of the other mods isn't compatible with it as this doesn't sound like a common crash having read through this thread.

Just so you know it did crash again and this is the message I got from Windows 7:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: xenonauts.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 55269596

Fault Module Name: xenonauts.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 55269596

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00220d3d

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 9e27

Additional Information 2: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Additional Information 3: 9e27

Additional Information 4: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

I did just notice that when I add the mod using the mod installer (from the downloaded Zip file) I have to quit out of it as it freezes. Once I restart Xenonauts the mod is there and can be activated etc.

Could I try adding it manually do you think?

I'm going to fix the problems with this mod tomorrow. I've had no time off to get stuff done. The most time off I've had is travelling to and from work, as I've been doing hour-long commutes but that isn't good for fixing mods. Tomorrow afternoon I have time off, and I'm just going to get stuff done.

bigjackskid, yes it should do. But people are having problems with it, so damnit I'm going to get to the bottom of those problems!

Mustang, you need to tell me which piece of research is causing you the problems. Is it the building research?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Also just to say as someone else said,there are no faces once you use enhanced jackal.

Mods using that might be conflicting...full soviet weapon ex pack

khall more portaits

aegis armor

khall carbines and shotguns

using xce 0.34

Edited by firewing

• 2 weeks later...

So this mod has clearly evolved into something of its own, adding upgraded versions of guns at older tiers. But concerning the original issue with alien base attacks that was brought up, the next version of X:CE will support mods that make failed base defences result in an alien base that can be retaken to reclaim your base.

Hi guys,. I'm sorry I haven't fixed this - I can't work out what's wrong. I spent my one day off trying different things and I can't get it to crash. I'm fairly certain the problem must be with either how weapon graphics are replaced or a problem with how the replacement weapon types are represented, but I'm not certain how this is causing the crash. My problem is that I am working 7-day 10-12 hour stretches for 13 days and then have 1 day off, and on that day off I spend it running around doing all the RL stuff I can't do when I'm working such long hours. I basically need time to sit in front of my own computer to experiment and try and work out why its crashing and this is just not happening, nor has it really been happening for the last few months. God I hate the autumn/winter season - everyone goes sick!

• 3 years later...

Hello! Recently picked up this game, played a good 100 hours or so of a vanilla. Was very fun! Been slowly dipping my toes out into mods and found this, which is a life saver...only issues is it kinda ruins itself.

Yes, better armour and guns mean you can have better base defence...but any structure that this effects doesn't show up on base defences! It's just black impassable space that you can shoot across.

• 1 year later...

IMPORTANT

to use this mod u have to delete any reference to the new buildigs from reserch and building.xlm to avoid the black tile bug during the attack base missions.

u should fix the statistics of the improved lasers too, because them are the same of the ballistic ones

Edited by Zaramorte

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2020 at 3:45 PM, Zaramorte said:

IMPORTANT

to use this mod u have to delete any reference to the new buildigs from reserch and building.xlm to avoid the black tile bug during the attack base missions.

u should fix the statistics of the improved lasers too, because them are the same of the ballistic ones

Any chance you could upload your files, or give me a hand exactly on what to delete? I enjoy the mod a lot, but im not very good at this!