Garrison Duty (a mod to help with manning garrisons and staffing strike teams)

Max_Caine

Hey there, just discovered something myself. At first i had the same problems like the others.

1."#####" in the buildings list. After quitting the game and restart i had the proper names and the new buildings were available from the start. This always happens when starting a new game. The #####-problem seems to be gone.

2. Today i loaded an older savegame and i didnt have the duplicate entries in the build list. After going on a mission and recovering a scout datacore, the enhanced construction became available. Working as intended so far.

All this was done on the CE branch on steam with all mods from the CE activated + Fire in the hole mod.

Max, I have a solution to the double building problem. In the buildings.xml, the last line for each building determines whether it is a starter building or not. Changing it from 1 to 0 removed the duplicate buildings and stopped corrupting my saves.

Edited by hagamablabla

Thanks.

I didn't see that.

*le sigh*

EDIT: I'll update the main mod, and put out a separate file for the affected buildings.xml file.

EDIT 2: But it will be tomorrow - I have to go to bed to get to work for 04:30.

EDIT 3: Many thanks again hagmablabla. If you see any other problems, please call out!

Edited by Max_Caine

Hello guys, I am very sorry I haven't put an update up. A combination of sickness and holidays at work has meant I have been working 12-hour shifts for the last two weeks and it looks like I'll be putting in more time over the next week as well. If you want to do the fix yourself, all you have to do as hagmablahblah pointed out is to adjust one value. Open up buildings.xml in /mods/Garrison Duty and adjust the last value in each set of information for each building from "1" to "0". Like this:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">   <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">EnhancedStoreroom</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">25000</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">10000</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">uitextures/buildings/storeroom</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">5</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="String">1;1</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">-1</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">-1</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">-1</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">10000</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell ss:StyleID="s65"><Data ss:Type="Number">0</Data></Cell>   <Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">[b]0[/b]</Data></Cell>  </Row>

You can keep in touch with me as I will be haunting the forums and please poke me with sticks to make sure I get the update out. I've got Sunday off so I may spend the day just doing the fix, testing it and uploading it but right now no meme can adequately express just how tired I am.

Hi all, I've made the fix, and it's been uploading for the past few hours now... >_<. I have a really slow connection at the moment. The full zip will be updated by tomorrow. The single file should be uploaded a little quicker. Sanpaolo, I will take a look at your problem tomorrow.

Hi Guys. Another update. For some reason, my connection is unreasonably slow. I am currently uploading my mod at a steady 27 KB/sec. It's been uploading all day. And all day yesterday. I'm not experienced in these matters - I don't know what to investigate to try and find out why it's uploading so slowly when it wasn't previously.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Sanpaolo. Other than missing faces (which I guess is because you have another mod running) I was able to complete the research:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6324[/ATTACH]

Hi Max, thanks for trying my saved game, i completed the advanced armor, but mine are light brown not blue and the face are missing (not all, so i think is due to 'More Portraits' mod); when i finish the weapon research nothing appear in spite of the xenopedia and ESC button doesn't work anymore. I will try disabling some mods and let you know!

thanks again

Hi Kontaro. That's odd - it took almost a week to upload, but it should have uploaded. I'll go and check to see what's happened.

@Sanpaulo, so if I understand you correctly, the game crashes if enhanced jackal armour is researched then advanced ballistic weapons are researched? I'll try your save again and make sure the research is carried out in that order.

Sorry Max,

i had another problem, so sadly i had to disable, when aliens attacks my base, the facilities concerned by the mod was black.....

i will retry another game disabling the italian translation, maybe it's just this mod you all miss inspite of me

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a crash to desktop as soon as the initial research completes.

If I reload and remove the research - and therefore stop it completing - the game continues as normal.

I'm playing V1.59 (not CE) with various mods such as the instant grenade, no hidden turns etc. I have verified files etc. I'm using steam, on windows 7 64-bit using bootcamp on my iMac. Game very stable other than this CTD.

Shame because this mod looks essential if I'm ever to prosper on veteran level. I just find base defence impossible with 'normal weapons'.

Anyone working on a base defence mod to make it better (easier?) by any chance? just too many strong aliens coming at you from too many directions against rubbish troops with rubbish weapons.

Anything I can do to workaround the crash? Or more info I can give you?

Hi! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the mod. Could you tell me what you mean by "inital reasearch?". There are several independant lines of research in GD. Which one did you try out?

Regarding fixes: I haven't been able to get in front of my home computer for over a week now. Travel time + work time + sleep and other necessary maintenance = no time for computer. I honestly don't know when I will have the time to run through the mod again and try some things to fix the mod. Perhaps next week?

Hi Max,

I totally understand. My life sounds similar to be honest! Don't want to add to your stress.

I am about to try the mod again with a completely fresh install of the game so maybe I will have more luck. The research that seemed to cause the crash was the enhanced ballistics one. If it crashes again I will try and copy and past the crash log here or something.

I wonder if one of the other mods isn't compatible with it as this doesn't sound like a common crash having read through this thread.

Elements of this sort of hit upon an idea I had when I first played the game. Which was to make the technology as you went along more of an intergration over each tier, rather than it to entirely overtake and force the previous tier to become obsolete. I love the direction this is going.

IE the intergration of alien engine tech to be infused into the engines of Xenonauts aircraft, increasing their topspeed and using alien alloys and hydraulics (Or similar alien tech) to achieve better turning circles and survivability for Air Combat.

Rather than just designing an entirely new craft and making one obsolete in such a short time period I find the concept of pushing a craft to it's absolute limits by pouring new technology into it and maxing it out until it can no longer be made better unless you built a purposefully new craft made from the ground up to best it.

Certainly gonna have to give this mod a run through. I love your ideas.