(Nice to have) Alterations and additions I think would be useful for air combat

Max_Caine

Having recently re-released my Flying Circus mod for the third time, there are a few things which I think would be nice to either add in or fix as a bug. If a Community Coder has the time to look at the bugs, that would be appreciated.

BUGS

• Having more than one antimissile projectile on the game screen at once causes the game to crash
  • The armour stat doesn't work

WISHLIST

• Have antimissile projectiles affect alien missile and alien torpedeo types
  • Be able to set different facings for weapons (just the cardinal directions would be useful)
  • Have the game not treat bullet type weapons as if they always fire from the center*
  • Have the dodge manoeuvre be not so dependant on speed

*Air combat treats projectiles as if they fire from the center, even when they don't. This means that projectile weapons fire in parallel to each other as the game thinks they are firing dead on target. An interceptor can easily fly past multiple turrets as they cannot overlap

The landing ship is actually a pretty good test case. It has 4 360 degree turrets each at a cardinal point. If you notice when the turrets shoot at an interceptor they don't overlap their shots. The turrets shoot in parallel to each other and having tested this fairly exhaustively, the game appears to treat all non-homing projectiles as if they fire from center of mass, rather than from point of projectile origin. Don't take my word for it - try fiddling around with the location of turrets on the landing ship and see what happens.