Trying to enable the Saracen and having trouble: SOLVED!

Lorebot

For a couple days now I've been trying to reenable the X-44 Saracen using the still existing assets left in the game files after it's removal. It took me a few hours trying to track down all the entries in the files referring to the Saracen and reenable them all as well as redesign the stats and write up a Xenopedia entry for it. Clearly I'm missing something in the process though because my mod isn't working, the Saracen isn't appearing for research when I'm testing for it. This could be because the game saves I'm using to test are from before I enabled the mod, I'm not sure if that's a factor for adding new research projects.

I don't see any tutorials for adding new aircraft or research projects to the game, only weapons, so I'm kinda flying blind and don't really know where to go next to continue debugging this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

Problems solved! If anyone wants to play with my version of the Saracen you can grab the mod on the Steam Workshop or just click the link below:

[ATTACH]6277[/ATTACH]

Saracen Reborn.zip

Saracen Reborn.zip

Edited by Lorebot
Solved!

Alright, after continuing to toy with this I've discovered that the reason it's not working is because I have the Corsair research as one of the requirements. As far as I can tell no other research requires research into a human aircraft so now I'm wondering if that's even possible.

For real test, put alien invasion to the required research for Saracen. Start new game and u will see that Saracen comes just after the invasion research. So u can be sure that your research manufacture code working or not.

Game needs restart if u researched the requirements already.

Thanks for the tip Drages. I have a save before completing the Alloy Hardening research, but I don't think I have one from before completing the Corsair research. If I remove the Corsair research requirement and test it with just the alloy research the Saracen becomes available for research as expected and I've been able to test out the rest of the mod and it all seems to be working properly. Gonna go dig around my saves and see if maybe I have one from before finishing the Corsair research before I start over completely.

Thankfully I had a save from before completing the Corsair research too so I was able to test and verify that the mod is working properly now!

I have it posted up on the Steam Workshop along with my Better Foxtrot mod (adds 2 light hardpoints to the Foxtrot). :)