The 3rd Flying Circus! (Air combat minigame mod)

Max_Caine

This Works With: 1.5x and Community Edition 0.32HF1

What is the Flying Circus?

Welcome, welcome! This is the third iteration of an air combat mod. The Flying Circus focusses on shaking up and changing most of the UFOs in vanilla Xenonauts so each ufo requires a different approach to taking it out. Each ufo starting from the corvette onwards has different offensive or defensive capabilities from their vanilla counterparts and many have had their flight characteristics altered as well. Those of you who have played the previous iterations will be pleased to see that most of the ufos have been altered from their last incarnation, with the exception of the Carrier and the Battleship because they're in their present form.

Links to The Flying Circus

You can find the Flying Circus here

Installing Flying Circus

Community Edition and Vanilla

Both the Community Edition and the Vanilla edition both use the modular mod system and mod loader/launcher now bundled with the game, so please use the mod loader as per usual.

Please note that the Flying Circus is incompatible with any mod which significantly changes UFOs. There have been no changes made to the flight characteristics of human interceptors, so any total overhauls or other flight mods which do not change alien ufos will work alongside this mod.

The next posts from me on this thread will be videos of some of the new ufos. Each one will be in its own post, properly titled and hidden under a spoiler tag if you don't want to spoil the surprise.

EDIT: And with that done, I'm off to carry on with other projects!

Edited by Max_Caine

This Works With: 1.5x and Community Edition 0.32HF1

What is the Flying Circus?

Welcome, welcome! This is the third iteration of an air combat mod. The Flying Circus focusses on shaking up and changing most of the UFOs in vanilla Xenonauts so each ufo requires a different approach to taking it out. Each ufo starting from the corvette onwards has different offensive or defensive capabilities from their vanilla counterparts and many have had their flight characteristics altered as well. Those of you who have played the previous iterations will be pleased to see that most of the ufos have been altered from their last incarnation, with the exception of the Carrier and the Battleship because they're in their present form.

Links to The Flying Circus

You can find the Flying Circus here

Installing Flying Circus

Community Edition and Vanilla

Both the Community Edition and the Vanilla edition both use the modular mod system and mod loader/launcher now bundled with the game, so please use the mod loader as per usual.

Please note that the Flying Circus is incompatible with any mod which significantly changes UFOs. There have been no changes made to the flight characteristics of human interceptors, so any total overhauls or other flight mods which do not change alien ufos will work alongside this mod.

The next posts from me on this thread will be videos of some of the new ufos. Each one will be in its own post, properly titled and hidden under a spoiler tag if you don't want to spoil the surprise.

EDIT: And with that done, I'm off to carry on with other projects!

Hmm... I wonder how well my Tranquility Dogfighter will hold up against these... >:3

• 4 years later...