[X:CE 0.32, Steam] Apparently random crashes and freezes since last update

Mangydog

The game is randomly crashing and freezing since the last update. For example, sometimes it freezes when I try to issue a move order - and then, after a reload, the same order works fine. Often it freezes when an alien does a psi attack during one of the last frames of the animation, and then again works fine some other time. Reaction fire checks from the aliens seem to cause occasional crashes as well. Also, the menu stops responding randomly - pressing escape does nothing, but the game remains playable. This seems to occur after opening the game options menu, but again, not always. And sometimes no commands can be issued at all anymore, all soldiers remain unresponsive, although the UI and sounds keep running. The errors aren't reproducible 100% of the time, but some crash inevitably occurs that forces a reload or restart, so I'm sorry if this makes it difficult to pinpoint the faulty code.

Rolling back manually to 0.31 renders the 0.32 savegames unloadable (crashes), so I consider the most recent savefile wrecked for the moment...

I'm running the Steam branch, so I presumably have the latest release (says so in the loader), and everything worked perfectly with 0.31.

As for installed mods, there are a couple (although they didn't cause any problems before):

Armored Assault! 1.2

FTD 1.0

Fire in the Hole 3.1

Lore+ 1.1c2

Kabill's Map Packs (Farm 1.4, Desert 0.2, Arctic 1.0)

Edited by Mangydog