X:CE 0.32] Game crashes in battlescape (AI related?)

Einarur

Hi,

I have been having several crashes during the first ground mission after the update. I am unsure what the trigger is, but it seems to crash during AI calculations.

Here are some examples(during alien base assault if that is of interest):

2 min after start:

1. Game crashes as I click shoot with the plasma caster, targetting an andron warrior. This crash repeated itself continously, until I decided not to shoot and moved the soldier. Next turn I could take him out with a plasma rifle and a different soldier, nothing happened.

3 min after start:

2. Game crashes during alien turn when an andron warrior moves forward and shoots my shielded soldier. This keeps repeating itself everytime I load the autosave and click end turn. I ended up moving my soldier, and the same andron shot him and nothing crashed.

5 min after start:

3. Game crashes during alien turn as an andron warrior pops up into view, I suppose he is getting ready to shoot.

I tried disabling the balance adjustments and settings mods, but this does not seem to work. I am unsure if the game is ignoring my disabling or if it just isnt helping. When I restart the game, these mods are again activated.

At this point I give up playing and I hope you can help!

Save game attached: [ATTACH]6214[/ATTACH]

AutosaveIM2015-03-05_17.54.56.zip

AutosaveIM2015-03-05_17.54.56.zip

Those sounds like bugs that were in 0.32RC2 and should have been fixed in RC3 (and by extension the release build).

Did you download and install manually or are you on the Steam XCE branch? If the former, did you definitely install the correct version (you probably did but it's worth checking just in case).

Those sounds like bugs that were in 0.32RC2 and should have been fixed in RC3 (and by extension the release build).

Did you download and install manually or are you on the Steam XCE branch? If the former, did you definitely install the correct version (you probably did but it's worth checking just in case).

I'm on the steam branch. I'm not sure how to check which RC I have though. It automatically updated when i logged on tonight, so I assume its the latest?

Thanks for the quick reply btw. Not being able to play is bothering me more than it should:)

I'm on the steam XCE branch and I can confirm these bugs. Game crashes when AI gets reaction fire. Game crashes when I target explosives (stun grenades, rockets, regular grenades) in a manner where an alien would be in the AoE. When an alien kills a xenonaut, the game doesn't crash, but hangs perpetually and the AI turn never ends.

removing "<DeadSoldierNotificationDuration>3.0</DeadSoldierNotificationDuration>" from config.xml in the CE settings mod seems to have fixed the AI hang. but not the others.

Thanks for confirming. Sadly can't do anything about it myself (llunak compiled the release build so I don't know what has/hasn't gone into it). However, something that might be worth trying is downloading and installing the XCE 0.32 .exe from the downloads section of the forums. It might not make a difference, but I note there's been some downloads since that went up yesterday and no one reported an issue 'til the Steam version went live, so it's possible that the problem is that the wrong build has been pushed to Steam.

EDIT: Actually, release candidate (RC) 3 is still up in the downloads section and that was working fine, so you could use that until the Steam build gets fixed.

Running into crashes or long delays during alien turns in combat, which is most noticeable when a reaper moves or attacks one of my soldiers. Then I run into some weird reload issues where my last turn and the aliens turn seem to load together (iron man save type).

Probably going to give it a break and a restart once these issues are resolved.