[X:CE 0.32 RC 3] C4 Weird Behaviour

Raywalker

I am not sure if it is a bug with Skitsos Alien Base booster pack or something with RC3.

Something weird ended up happening when I placed a C4, set time(2- one for setup and another for running up to door and placing explosive and running away) it exploded where my guy was standing, did 18 damage (he had jackal armour) and when I saw what happened, I saw C4 at my soldiers feet (on the ground). I then picked it up and the C4 had a 0 timer.

The soldier was standing on a teleport pad after he dropped off the C4 when ended turn.

Picture:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrovep9ksibvnwo/BugReportC4.png?dl=0

Also attached is the save:

[ATTACH]6192[/ATTACH]

Mod required:

Skitsos Alien Base booster pack

Mods active:

Khall's More Portraits

Lore + 1.1c2

New Cars 0.5

Skitsos Sleek AI turn mod

X:CE 0.32 RC3 Balance, settings and base mods

AutosaveIM2015-03-03_17.08.36.zip

AutosaveIM2015-03-03_17.08.36.zip

For clarity, is this correct?

1) C4 timer was set to '2'.

2) On the same turn the soldier dropped (i.e. placed on floor via the inventory screen) the C4 pack by the panel and then moved to the teleporter.

3) The soldier did not actually move through the teleporter.

4) At the beginning of the next turn, the C4 exploded on the teleporter space.

5) You were then able to pick up a C4 pack from that space which had it's timer set to 0.

Just wanted to check this was right so it's possible to try and replicate it exactly.

For clarity, is this correct?

1) C4 timer was set to '2'.

2) On the same turn the soldier dropped (i.e. placed on floor via the inventory screen) the C4 pack by the panel and then moved to the teleporter.

3) The soldier did not actually move through the teleporter.

4) At the beginning of the next turn, the C4 exploded on the teleporter space.

5) You were then able to pick up a C4 pack from that space which had it's timer set to 0.

Just wanted to check this was right so it's possible to try and replicate it exactly.

1) Yes, C4 timer was set to 2 the turn before to make it 1 when I would drop it onto the space next to the door panel and run to let it explode the turn after.

2) On the same turn the soldier dropped (i.e. placed on floor via the inventory screen) the C4 pack by the door panel and then moved to the teleporter.

3) The soldier did not phase through teleporter after selecting the area after dropping C4 where the 3 soldiers are in save on the other side of teleporter.

4) Shocked, it did explode on the teleporter on the space the soldier was standing, it didn't do much damage either. In save the soldier was full health when starting turn.

5) To my surprise, opened soldier inventory, thinking I had not placed it or something and in the floor inventory slot was the C4 where the soldier was standing (on the teleporter) when picked it up it had a 0 on its timer.

C4 was dropped in the top left hand corner of the floor inventory screen, if I had to guess floor inventory placement I would say position (0,0)

Edited by Raywalker
C4 floor placement position added

Ah, so it was due to explode the turn it did, just not in the place it did. And you dropped it after it had ticked down a turn.

I'll try replicating it tonight if I have time. I've used explosives loads with Fire in the Hole but never seen this; the two more obvious candidates causing it are therefore that you dropped the charge a turn after setting it (which I don't think I've ever done) or that there's some strange interaction with teleportation. Could of course be something entirely different but those are what spring to mind.

Yes, I usually use 2 turns to accommodate for the lost TU's used for swapping and place it with one turn

and then let it explode the next (sometimes 3 to accommodate for psionic alien panic) :)

So over 3 turns :

1) Set C4 for detonation for the next turn - C4 2 turns

2) Place C4 for denotation at location and attempt to find a safe place - C4 1 turn

3) Make use of explosion caused by C4 placed at strategic location - C4 explodes after alien turn for turn 2

It exploded as planned but not in the place I expected and having the the explosive still present further added to confusion.

Well, I can't reproduce the issue either with your save or with a new game. I've not been able to do a thorough test, however, as explosive charges simply don't work and freeze the game in quickbattle mode which has limited what I can attempt. Suspect this might therefore be a more data needed issue.