I need some help in modding.

korsss

Dear community.

I am asking you to help me made this simple mod (now it leaves in the body of the game) working in the mod system.

I am trying to do this, and avaks must be byeble.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10831-AWACS-v1-Final-Release

if you do not want to waste your time. may you give me the such mode with the another plain/plains and without somebody else.

Thx so much.

Thx Max for the quick advice ))) (I`m a poet ???))

But:

1) your advices are not working ( things like open office or libre office are breaking the files, I have lost 2 days to understand it), I cant understand where is the problem may be in international codding ? I must do this job in the Note++

2) may you give me one working drone, which can be BUYed in the start of the game ? (I am affraid to edit reserches untill I can`be shure in another files).

3) about your guide thx a lot, ofcourse I will try to understand it, but my english is really terrible. another better way is to do job step by step )

with best wishes Sergey Korsss

1)

?

My guide does not advise using OpenOffice or LibreOffice. I have never advised you to use either. Where have I written that? And my guide can only help you with non-spreadsheet XML. I haven't written any advice for using XML-Spreadsheet files.

2) I can re-write the AWACS aircraft you originally wanted re-written for the modular mod system. But not now. Right now, after I have written this post, I am going to bed.

3) I do not advise using google translate to translate my guide from english into your language. The guide is written using english phrases which do not translate well.

2) may you give me one working drone, which can be BUYed in the start of the game ? (I am affraid to edit reserches untill I can`be shure in another files).

A quick point on this - there's currently no way by which you can have items available for purchase. The only exceptions are aircraft (and even then you can only mod existing aircraft entries to be purchaseable; adding entirely new ones doesn't allow this). Although, it's something I might try and rectify in XCE if it's within my capabilities.

1)

?

My guide does not advise using OpenOffice or LibreOffice. I have never advised you to use either. Where have I written that? And my guide can only help you with non-spreadsheet XML. I haven't written any advice for using XML-Spreadsheet files.

2) I can re-write the AWACS aircraft you originally wanted re-written for the modular mod system. But not now. Right now, after I have written this post, I am going to bed.

3) I do not advise using google translate to translate my guide from english into your language. The guide is written using english phrases which do not translate well.

1) sorry, i have mixed up the manuals.. please forgive me.

2) why awaks ? you have your perfect drones )))

3) I do not like google )) . I am translating the words, but don`t phrases ))

Good night )

kabil THX ))

may be then can be purchseable after some easy research ?

Edited by korsss

may be then can be purchseable after some easy research ?

Wouldn't work - you'd have to make it a manufacturing project (though there's no reason, if you wanted it to be quick, that you couldn't give it a short manufacturing time).

Wouldn't work - you'd have to make it a manufacturing project (though there's no reason, if you wanted it to be quick, that you couldn't give it a short manufacturing time).

thx kabil

Yes you are right. don't working in mod system. modsystem is bugged (((. attribute "buyeble" is not working in it after research to. what another atributes are not working to ? ((((

It's not the mod system; it's just the way the game is coded. For whatever reason, the game is hard-coded such that the only aircraft that can be made buyable are those listed in the vanilla aircraft.xml file. Add a new entry and setting it to buyable doesn't work. You can work around this by converting an existing entry to the one you want to mod and make buyable, then creating a new entry for the original aircraft you just replaced. But it's a lot of messing.

It's not the mod system; it's just the way the game is coded. For whatever reason, the game is hard-coded such that the only aircraft that can be made buyable are those listed in the vanilla aircraft.xml file. Add a new entry and setting it to buyable doesn't work.

yes, i am understanding it ))) but the mod system must change the starting data in the vanila aircraft.xml to (imho).

"You can work around this by converting an existing entry to the one you want to mod and make buyable, then creating a new entry for the original aircraft you just replaced. But it's a lot of messing."

:D russians call`s it the "shamanic dances with a tambourine"

PS we will go on another way(big price - low 'unit days'), and the legend in xenopedia (your workers are not producing it but only checking the new aircraft)

PPS How can i join to "RadicalTactics Modding Community" ?

Edited by korsss

PS we will go on another way(big price - low 'unit days'), and the legend in xenopedia (you workers are not producing it but only checking the new aircraft)

Honestly, I think this needs to be the explanation for manufacturing any aircraft. The notion of 30 guys building an entirely new aircraft design from scratch in a week is hilariously absurd. Although the same applies to basically all R&D activity in the game.

PPS How can i join to "RadicalTactics Modding Community" ?

It's not active any more to the best of my knowledge so probably not worthwhile in any case.

This 30 gays are better then:

Lockheed Martin Corporation

Boeing

SAAB

Sukhoi.

And very cheap. 5000 usd per month each )))) :cool:

ps free market 'musthave" imho, and no free supplay, regions gives money and thats enough.

Edited by korsss

Please help me to find a bug.

That is the "one drone mode", Now I have to seen the black window after research (xenopedia), what i must to change to have the drone description in normal view? (I want to see the article in xenopedia after research, but not the black screen)

thx

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="25.5" ss:StyleID="s72">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.PrivateerInterceptor</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">Aircraft</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AlienInvasion</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s75"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "airplane.human.privateer" );UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Privateer" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.privateera</Data></Cell>

</Row>

onedrone.zip

onedrone.zip

onedrone.zip

Edited by korsss

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0" ss:Height="25.5" ss:StyleID="s72">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.PrivateerInterceptor</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s73"><Data ss:Type="String">Aircraft</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AlienInvasion</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s75"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s75"><Data ss:Type="String">UnlockKnowledge( "airplane.human.privateer" );

UnlockManufacture( "ManTech.Privateer" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s76"><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.privateera</Data></Cell>

</Row>

I'm 95% certain that it's the 'a' I've highlighted in red there. If you remove it I suspect it should work.

Another HELP request.

I m trying to make the new drop ship (Mi-8, MI-12(V 12). I know how to changes parameters and pictures, how to load soldiers and cars. But I have a problem:

How to make my dropship to drop soldiers to the battle ? I broke my head but did not find files and parameters which i must to change.

Edited by korsss

Another HELP request.

I m trying to make the new drop ship (Mi-8, MI-12(B 12). I know how to changes parameters and pictures, how to load soldiers and cars. But I have a problem:

How to make my dropship to drop soldiers to the battle ? I broke my head but did not find files and parameters which i must to change.

owwwwww... you made a deadly step into hell...

you need to update all the map files as i know.. i thought about adding one too but i am not brave for now for this..

Still can't be done at the moment - the drop-site would still need to be a separate submap (even if you used the same format as the Valkyrie) and even then I don't think there's any way you could add it to the maps due to the spawn-site list in the map editor being hard-coded.

Nope. All you can do at the moment is re-purpose the Valkyrie. Remove the Valkyrie from where it is in the tech tree, rename it in strings, etc. etc. You would have to make it look externally (i.e. to the player) like it was a different dropship, but internally (i.e. to the game) like it was the original valkyrie. You still only have 3 dropships, maximum.

"You still only have 3 dropships, maximum." really ? and impossible to add more ? It is the game limit ?

I am upset (((

the idea was to add 2 dropships (light and heavy), and edit the range of dropships flight (make it shorter). more bases- more soldiers.

Edited by korsss