Kabill's Community Code Thread

kabill

To the best of my knowledge, no. There definitely doesn't seem to be any limits on the number of entries that can be read from xenopedia.xml nor are there any limits on the number of entries that can be unlocked. It's plausible that there's some kind of limit on the entries that can be accessed via the xenopedia screen (the code is thicker here) but a cursory glance suggests this isn't the case either.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to have the approximate alien base location text (in the geoscape notification bar) color to be modifiable the same way as the aircraft rearmed/refueled/repaired -messages are.

Also, could you check which image file the game uses for alien base name background (The white square) and if the font color is modifiable there.

These, in addition to the ones I PM'd you, and the Oppressive UI mod would be done! :)

Edited by Skitso

I'd like to have the approximate alien base location text (in the geoscape notification bar) color to be modifiable the same way as the aircraft rearmed/refueled/repaired -messages are.

Also, could you check which image file the game uses for alien base name background (The white square) and if the font color is modifiable there.

Noted.

Kabill, did u look the default first base layout at code?

Yes, I've already done it. Should hopefully be in 0.33.

Is it within your skills to make terror missions happen only in regions that are still part of the funding council? It seems somewhat odd that aliens terrorize cities that are already under their influence. Also, gameplay wise, why should I even care?

Edited by Skitso

• 1 month later...

This will probably sound weird and superfluous, but would it be possible to add armor values to the combat and assault shields?

I'm tinkering on the side with re-implementing proper armor values for Aliens and NPCs to bring them in line with the same math the Xenonauts themselves use instead of the current system of armor-less HP bloat, but since the shields count as weapons, it seems they don't currently support armor values. It's a pretty arbitrary thing, but since I'm trying to put armor values back into every nook and cranny they were removed from over the last couple years, it'd be nice.

Is there a way to see alien's health ingame?

Since the sprite doesn't visually reflect if the alien is in perfect condition or almost dead, the next best thing would be to see the aliens health amount hovering above it.

Step 1: Have a soldier take out a medkit

Step 2: Click on the medkit

Step 3: Hover cursor over the alien

Step 4: Profit from knowing exactly how much health every alien in the game has.

• 2 weeks later...

Kabill, I have some small requests:

[1] Make a "stunDamage" variable for Psionic Attacks which allows Psionic Attacks to deal stun damage to the target, stun damage dealt to the target would be equivalent to half of the PsionicPower of the psion.

[2] Make a variable that allows a Psionic Attack to instantly kill a soldier.

[3] Add a "No Big Guns" boolean for armours.

Edited by Man of Doge

"..Well, a very long time ago,on the spot where the Wild Wood waves now,before it had ever planted and grown up to what it is now, there was a city-a city of people, you know. Here, where we are standing, they lived, and walked, and talked, and slept, and carried on their buisness. Here they stabled their horses and feasted. From here they rode out to fight or drove out to trade. They were a powerful people, and rich, and great builders. They built to last, because they thought their city would last forever."

"But what has become of them all", asked the Mole.

"Who can tell?", said the Badger,"People come-they stay for a while, they flourish, they build-and they go. It is their way. But we remain. There were badgers here,I've been told, long before that same city ever came to be. And now there are badgers here again..."

- The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Graham

Edited by Max_Caine

Kabill is a nice, decent guy. I'm sure he would say good bye if he was leaving..

According to his profile he was last active on April 11 of 2015. Hence I believe he's just busy--if we wanted a faster response we'd just PM him as the message would likely get forwarded to his E-Mail and likely grab his attention.

Hey guys. Sorry for the extended absence. As might be obvious, I've been busy with various things over the last couple of months while also suffering from some modding exhaustion, hence I've not been around.

I'm not sure this is likely to change in the near future, both the busyness and the exhaustion. And as I'm sure you all appreciate, time and keen are both integral for this kind of work. Accordingly, I'm calling a moratorium on my modding activity. It's not impossible that this will reverse in the future - I've been through similar lulls this in the past - but I think it's only fair to make this clear now such that people aren't waiting for work that I've (implicitly or otherwise) promised to produce.

That said, there's a few things that I'll probably potter around with to tidy up existing projects and if I have the time and willingness I might finish off and release an almost-completed mod I was making at the beginning of the year. And I'll be sticking around the forums, not least in eager anticipation of GH's upcoming games!

He's ALIVE!!!

I totally understand you. I am waiting you finish soft code work at CE..i will wait as long as it gets. One month, one year.. no problem.. i will finish my mod with CE32 conditions and then will wait your additions. I believe that even the slightest addition you will make will bring this game's modding to the another age.. i am at forums but i slowed down too..

Heh, i will have a child at the beginning of 2016 and i wont have any time to write a mod probably..

I hope everything will be okay for you!

My obsession and focus has pretty much moved 100% in the Witcher 3 at the moment (which is an absolute master piece!), but I'll hang around here too. It's good to see you, kabill. Hope you can finish some of the CE stuff (hard coded text colors) some day... :)