[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Open researches.xml with excel

Check what u have to research right now

Add this to the "when finished" column of that research,

so that research, you will research, will give you what shock weaponry research gives too...

this is why we love you Drages. one person has a stupid probelm and you create a personalized solution! best mod dev ever bro!

this is why we love you Drages. one person has a stupid probelm and you create a personalized solution! best mod dev ever bro!

I love you too.. all of you :)

About buildings.. I will make tiers of course.. but i am against "one base for all" and others are just for planes idea... so you will need another bases for manufacture and researches.. Making tiers is the easiest.. as i said to sentelin i got projects for more unique buildings.. The problem was the hardcoded base layout.. my first thing to do is making the hangars 4x4.. so spamming 15 plane in one base would be not possible :)

I will make big breakthroughs at air combat.. for this reason i need more options to change and add.. i hate to fit huge bomber to a little hangar lol.. :)

Kabill is working crazy at game code.. if sentelin joined too for real, this game and modding ability will be nearly unlimited.. its like a game engine for me...

I love you too.. all of you :)

About buildings.. I will make tiers of course.. but i am against "one base for all" and others are just for planes idea... so you will need another bases for manufacture and researches.. Making tiers is the easiest.. as i said to sentelin i got projects for more unique buildings.. The problem was the hardcoded base layout.. my first thing to do is making the hangars 4x4.. so spamming 15 plane in one base would be not possible :)

I will make big breakthroughs at air combat.. for this reason i need more options to change and add.. i hate to fit huge bomber to a little hangar lol.. :)

Kabill is working crazy at game code.. if sentelin joined too for real, this game and modding ability will be nearly unlimited.. its like a game engine for me...

i eagerly await the results

as it is my strategy has always been three mission bases which only manufacture equipment and have the actual strike teams alongside several auxiliary bases for research manufacturing and air superiority

also i seem to be seeing two sets of #### in the upper right hand corner of my soldier equipment windows not the base one but the inventory in a mission one.

Edited by LORDPrometheus

i eagerly await the results

as it is my strategy has always been three mission bases which only manufacture equipment and have the actual strike teams alongside several auxiliary bases for research manufacturing and air superiority

also i seem to be seeing two sets of #### in the upper right hand corner of my soldier equipment windows not the base one but the inventory in a mission one.

pfff then hot fix didnt do that part.. i hate that i cant erase a file with hotfix..

Go to xdivision/scripts and erase sequipview and sequipview_GC..

then check again..

about the research text you game me do i need to at the quot: to each of them?

Copy all of them and paste them to the cell (dont replace, just add) into the "when researched" which you will research next..

hmm.. can u send me an SS please..

Edited by drages

my computer is absolutely refusing to let me take any form of screenshot

if its not game breaking, we can handle it later.. i will upload 0.98.2 now then..

lol.. i dont have those.. :) what version do u play? game and CE?

Edited by drages

if its not game breaking, we can handle it later.. i will upload 0.98.2 now then..

lol.. i dont have those.. :) what version do u play? game and CE?

are you referring to the weapon which is the lance pistol and advanced shield the screenshot problems which is the definition of Windows 8.1 or the absurdly high character stats which is because i made my starting squad bonus stupid for fun

i use steam Legacy 1.09 CE 31 HF1 with X division version 98.1 HF 1

also i find it hilarious that i literally had to record a 7 second video and upload it to youtube in order to show that!

are you referring to the weapon which is the lance pistol and advanced shield the screenshot problems which is the definition of Windows 8.1 or the absurdly high character stats which is because i made my starting squad bonus stupid for fun

i use steam Legacy 1.09 CE 31 HF1 with X division version 98.1 HF 1

also i find it hilarious that i literally had to record a 7 second video and upload it to youtube in order to show that!

no i meaned #### at that right top corner.. i just opened a GC and didnt see anything there..

did u... cheat??? omg..

0.98.2 is UP

Like always, mostly tested but ready for surprises.. sadly the game dont make me use "update old one" at manufacture..

and many ai updates.. we will try fall19 way.. alien TU is nerfed by about 1/5.. so it begins with 50 up to 80.. aliens grenade TU is nerfed too.. now they will only throw 1 per turn.. with sebs first units armour nerf now you weapons will be more usefull at beginning..

Game is a bit faster too..

As its a big patch it needs restart, but you can continiue and finish your 0.98.1 hf 1 journey.. you can take only aiprops.xml from 0.98.2 to get AI updates too..

i need to sleep now..

cya tomorrow..

Hi Guys.

I´m back again. I think i will try the new Version, because testing my corrections which I couldn´t test up to now. I´m impressed about the new Vehicles too. They are very interessting, but I think the vehicles are to much.

But we will see what the new ones can do. Maybe I will be surprised. But the Weapons ID for the new Vehicle Tech I´m not certain that it will work. But I will let me to disabuse if it works.

Edited by Alienkiller

Hi Guys.

I´m back again. I think i will try the new Version, because testing my corrections which I couldn´t test up to now. I´m impressed about the new Vehicles too. They are very interessting, but I think the vehicles are to much.

But we will see what the new ones can do. Maybe I will be surprised. But the Weapons ID for the new Vehicle Tech I´m not certain that it will work. But I will let me to disabuse if it works.

Welcome back alien..

Everything is too much at this mod. But everything is part of my secret plan..

I didnt understand what u try to say about weapon ID's..

About allowing buildings to be used as requirement for research project,it was on my to-do list for quite some time and that will probably be first thing I am going to do as soon as I am able (it may be quick hack which would take 5-10 min or it may prove a little bit complicated and take more time).

As for second request,lets say I code in "special hangar" which has purpose to store UFO crafts,modification part is still "fishy",because I didn't understand really what you were asking for.Here are two scenarios:

First -When UFO is captured,it triggers research project which triggers manufacture project when completed.Manufacture project would consist of weapon parts (like conventional aircraft or vehicles) which you can chose from drop menu.

Second-When UFO is captured,it triggers research project which triggers manufacture project when completed.Manufacture project has goal to dissemble UFO which would trigger another research project , upon which completion player gets "moder made UFO craft (or modified UFO but this requires for you to get involved as moder).

Did I understood this part properly or I am missing something ?This however may prove to be out of reach,keep that in mind and besides complex system like this should be kept simple for the sake of simplicity and efficiency in other words what most likely will never be used shoudn't be added in initial version.

Edited by Sentelin

About allowing buildings to be used as requirement for research project,it was on my to-do list for quite some time and that will probably be first thing I am going to do as soon as I am able (it may be quick hack which would take 5-10 min or it may prove a little bit complicated and take more time).

As for second request,lets say I code in "special hangar" which has purpose to store UFO crafts,modification part is still "fishy",because I didn't understand really what you were asking for.Here are two scenarios:

First -When UFO is captured,it triggers research project which triggers manufacture project when completed.Manufacture project would consist of weapon parts (like conventional aircraft or vehicles) which you can chose from drop menu.

Second-When UFO is captured,it triggers research project which triggers manufacture project when completed.Manufacture project has goal to dissemble UFO which would trigger another research project , upon which completion player gets "moder made UFO craft (or modified UFO but this requires for you to get involved as moder).

Did I understood this part properly or I am missing something ?This however may prove to be out of reach,keep that in mind and besides complex system like this should be kept simple for the sake of simplicity and efficiency in other words what most likely will never be used shoudn't be added in initial version.

I need special hangars for 2 reason.

1. For X-Division heavy bombers. 2x2 hangars special to them. This is simple and main reason.

2. For captured ufos. This is something more fantasy project.

- You finished a corvette GC and its not downed, so undamaged.

- You will get a special item for this from that GC. name it "Corvette Hull"

- You will research it and this will give you blueprint of corvette, so the manufacture.

- Manufacture will need 3 corvette core and other materials.

- Ufo will their own hangar. Huge upkeep but powerful at least very long fly range and survival.

And if u want to go further, all the UFO weapons will be lootable rather then x-division now.. exact weapons.. like Corvette Plasma Beam... so you can arm your ufos with their own weapons, even updated versions.. so this will need a new air weapon type too..

Sentelin, i will share my uber secret mega project with you now.. I will make X-Division a 4x strategy game.. a long and detailed game.. how will i do that?

- Mad Kabill will softcode the limited UFOs.. we cant add ufos with land missions now.. after Kabill handled it he will start to add new UFOs.. even i gave him dreadnought GC images created from other ufos.. but when he tried to add it to game we saw that game didnt allow adding new ufos with ground missions.. probably one of the biggest reason to make him a CE coder...

- Now game have 3 phase.. 1 with scouts-corvette, next is landing and cruiser and last battleship and carrier.. after Kabills new mission handling, ufo spawns will be totally at modders control. So if i make this not 3 phase but for example 6 phase? With new crews, ufos and techs? a looong but not boring unstopped fun!!!!

For that reason i got tons of weapons and will have more..

hi drages...a little annotation....i have to pick up alien weapons during a base assault :P and no xenonauts appare to have a weapon in hands in game....is possible to link alien weapon to existing animations to show them during play? and than...insert alien weapons in soldier armory to equip them with? :)

Yes, its very easy to do. But its a huge time consuming and boring progress.. need some valunteer who enjoys to do it..

How to do?

- Open xdivision/units/xenonauts folder, u will see every armours there.. when u open an armour folder you will see every weapon got a folder for it..

- You need to create a folder for all alien weapons.. for example; create inside armour.basic folder "weapon.alienmatergyrifle" folder

- Then open a rifle weapon folder u want, for example open "weapon.APlaserrifle" abd copy the soldier_spectre.xml file in it..

- Open the "weapon.alienmatergyrifle" u created before, and paste the file in it..

From now on if a basic armour wields soldier pick an alien matergy rifle from ground, you will see him a laser rifle at his hands..

so 30 alien weapon and 10 armour.. u need to do it at least 300 times and if u go for alien pistol/shield combinations, 5 shield 5 pistol 10 armour.. i think 200 more here.. so total 500 folder creating and copy pasting would solve this problem..

any help would be accepted :)

Hi, drages.

Thank you for X-Division mod, judging by its description - it must be something wonderful.

I installed it (xenonauts 1.5 + 0.32 HF2 with mod 0.98.2) and tried to play, but encountered some problems:

1) The window with soldier equipment is empty - there is nothing there (in 1.5 + 0.32 HF2 you can change soldier's equipment)

2) After ending the first crash site mission I have some new research projects one of them has strange name ####.

Yes, thank you, it worked.

Will deleting these files break the game in the future? Can I continue with my save file ?

Also, should I disable X:CE Balance Adjustments and X:CE Settings mods?

No this files should be deleted but i cant delete with hotfixes.. so u need to do it manual. I think i will put it install log..

No 3 CE mod should be active.. you can activate additional maps too..

Do u have that #### still? if its, please send me a save game.. you can attach your save to your post.