[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

i did redownload it and it did fix that but now it says when i got to put it in to the game "this is not a mod file"

So like RTFM:

- The mod created on 1.09 and CE 031. But there should be no problem with 1.5* and 0.32. If there is something wrong, please inform me.

- Download Mod from this LINK - Alternate LINK

- Mod is about 1.8 GB.

- Extract the file manually into the your games folder/assets/mods

So that games folder/assets/mods/XDivision contain stuff, like aiprops.xml etc

can this used mod be used in the stem version of the game?

Hard to understand why use Steam with this game because Steam always causes problems with mods. Anyway, you should find correct folder on

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Xenonauts\assets\mods (or where is your Steam folder)

put files on there and it should work.

i did not know that steam version has problems with mod for xenonuats

plus this is the in side of my assets file there i no mod file http://puu.sh/goAl3/f72bca3d2a.png

Please read the first page please. This mod is already for steam community branch. At steam go to your games options and go for beta. Choose community branch. When finished just extract downloaded file into the your games assets mods folder..

Hi Guys,

played a litte yesterday evening. And what Drages said about the normal Weapons from the Beginning is correct. I had a small scout with Sebbis and I had to play about 2 to 3 Hours to finish the mission. Used Grenades, Flashbangs, Smokegrenades and all Weapons I had atm. The single Sebbis were not a problem, if you came 2:1 or 3:1 against them. Had Flamethrowers too!

Now I´m researching the NextGen Ballistic Weapons and build the first Stage of them: Shotguns (3), Rifels (3 or 4) and Pistols (6 or 7) for my Men. The Adv.NextGen Ballistic (Sniper etc.) and Heavy Next Gen Balistic (Mashinegun) are next to have a little bit more firepower against the Aliens.

I´m happy to have the Jackal Armor for my Shotgunners, Rifelmans, Flamers and Snipers as well as the Hunter Scout. That my Soldiers all be lucky to survive 6 Ground Missions was fantastic. I didn´t thougt that. O.K. they were hurt and one had only 1 HP left on the first mission, so I have to build 2 Sikbays to bring my people back to duty and 1 more Living Room for my 2nd Research-/Workshop as well as more troops.

Second Base is in Buildingprorgress. The Command Room already stands. :cool:

Btw. I play on Veteran, like Drages recomended to test the balance. And I must say, I like it. It´s hard (but it is like I play normaly on normal Mode), strategic ambitous and it brings the feeling (what it have to be) you are outgunned at the beginning.

Drages, you and your Team have great Ideas (like that with the Ceasan Alien how wants to fight with you against his comrades). Please more of that, that brings more coolness to the game and brings it more to the good old X-Com Stile. :)

Edited by Alienkiller

Quick question: How does one capture Andron corpses? Whenever I bring one down using EMP weapons, I just get "Andron Parts", no bodies.

Edit:

Here's an example, there's an Andron on the other side of the coal car. Take the soldiers near the corner and use their EMP rifles on it. The Andron just dies and leaves parts, no body for disassembling.

[ATTACH]6203[/ATTACH]

XDIVISION 757.sav

XDIVISION 757.sav

Edited by Squaddie Perseus

Hmm... I had Androns in Normal Game (Normal, X:CE) and in XNT-Mod as well as in one or two parts of the older X-Devison Mod-Versions. Here I only shoot with normal Weapons and throw normal Grenades (Explosives) to kill Androns. So I had taken Andron Bodies to disassamble (research).

But Drages and his team chanced something, so it is possible that you can´t find a body of Andorns any more. I have just begunn the new Version, so I have to test it first with the normal Strategy. Maybe you can test it and tell the result here.

I've tested it several times. Regardless of what weapons you use, even if they're EMP weapons (like the EMP rifles) you just get parts. This has stagnated my research as it means I can't research things like Wolf armor and I really need it at this point. In fact, I checked the researches XML file, and according to that file you just need an Andron body. But like I said, you only get parts for bringing down an Andron, no bodies to disassemble.

Hmm... maybe thats the point. Don´t use EMP-Weapons. Just standard Laser, Projectile, Explosive Grenades (Aleniumgrenades) etc. If the result is the same, then try to stun them with Stunbatons (that I did, to get a live andron in XNT and the normal Games). If that dosen´t help than I don´t know any more what you can do.

I've used lasers, shock grenades, and EMP weapons. Thing is, Androns can take stun damage, but it seems they have a higher stun resistance then they do health. I've used my shield troopers, armed with advanced shock batons, on Andron GUARDS to no effect, with the Guard taking enough stun damage to bring down a Xenomorph Praetorian at least twice. This basically means I can't get wolf armor or any new weapons related to disassembling an Andron, and with tougher UFOs showing up with tougher aliens, I can't raid the downed UFOs because my armor isn't up to the task what so ever. In .97, I got wolf armor without a problem because the Androns would be reduced to bodies, which you could then disassemble for research. In this case, we just get parts, period, and no bodies for dis-assembly, thus, no new research.

Xenopedia glitch: whenever I get a new 'pedia file it also opens 3 or so blank pages behind the new one that I have to exit out of in order to exit it. It's not game-breaking, but just something I thought to mention. I can re-create this instance if you want (seems to occur across my saves) and send you a file.

I read the Wiki so you have to use Lasers as well as normal Explosivs to bring them down. (Rockets, Explosive Grenades and Laser Weapons). And in XNT as well as older Versions of X-Devision that worked, so it have to work here too. Other players of 0.98 have Wolfarmor, so there is a solution to get it.

We will find it out how to get it.

I don't get why we'd have to use basic lasers though, especially when there are weapons that are supposed to be designed to bring down Androns while leaving them intact and just disabled. Great....so I'm either going to have to go back god knows how many saves or possibly just start over at this point. -_-

I found in the strings this:

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Researches.AndronDisassembly</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Andron Body Disassembly</Data></Cell>

So there is a way to get an normal Andron body. Maybe you missed something and have to go back. If it´s so sorry for that. Try it so I told you before and then tell what´s happend.

I'll try in a bit... -_- Like I said, I checked the researches XML file and it said I needed an Andron body, but if every weapon I'm using is reducing them to parts...

Edit: I just tested REGULAR LASERS on Androns. They are simply reduced to parts. I've used every weapon available to me that would be effective against them to no effect. It's effectively impossible to get an Andron for dis-assembly. This means no new armors or other techs. Drages, I hope you see this, cause this is a major problem with the mod now that Androns are ALWAYS reduced to parts no matter what we use against them.

Edited by Squaddie Perseus

I'll try in a bit... -_- Like I said, I checked the researches XML file and it said I needed an Andron body, but if every weapon I'm using is reducing them to parts...

Edit: I just tested REGULAR LASERS on Androns. They are simply reduced to parts. I've used every weapon available to me that would be effective against them to no effect. It's effectively impossible to get an Andron for dis-assembly. This means no new armors or other techs. Drages, I hope you see this, cause this is a major problem with the mod now that Androns are ALWAYS reduced to parts no matter what we use against them.

You can get better armour without Andron body. I completed research tree (at least I think) and can manufacture better armour. However I don't see wolf armour.