[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Where to download v0.99 X-Division? And the update will fix "Hidden Movement" stuck screen?

0.99 is not complete, only half of it is done, but 0.98 works fine, are you sure that you followed all the installation instructions?

Are you using Community Edition?

Did you properly launch the game with "assets\mods\xce\Xenonauts.exe" instead of the vanilla way?

Did you do that:

-IMPORTANT FIX FOR XCE 34-

-Go for assets/mods folder and open XDivision folder

-Find weapons_gc.xml and open it with notepad

-Search for "weapon.grenade.incendiary"

-You will see a code just at that line: MODMERGE="insert"

-Change the "insert" to "replace"

Edited by Valerian

And I've played this game with X-Division mod,I can develop more weapons(although most of them are advanced balistic,currently.)than original Xenonauts(but I haven't finished the end game of original Xenonauts,so I'll say that.)! Keep updating! I like this mod! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Reporting my feedback on the version 0.98.

I've been playing it for quite a while, i think i'm near endgame (never cleared the original game to the end, so i don't know).

No bugs encountered so far, the mod looks well polished and the difficulty is just right (playing at normal difficulty).

I see that you have forced the player to use a combined arm force, with multiple damage types, shield and vehicles. I can say that it is working so far.

I got only a few gripes regarding balance, which i'll try to list:

1) Some weapons are useless, they have simply no role. The plasma caster for example has less range damage accuracy and shots than the laser scatter.

2) There is too few alenium, in particular when you want to craft enriched alenium stuff. You actually need to take down half alien fleet to build a double rocket launcher.

3) Armor piercing weapons. If the formula goes that Final damage= Damage - (armor - mitigation) then why all the armor piercing weapons have a damage + mitigation inferior to the damage of the non piercing weapons? In which case are they better than the non piercing weapons?

4) The assault lander. Is it me or you are just supposed to let this ufo fly and never engage it? Long range missilies don't work, you can't dogfight it because it is faster than anything in the game with almost 360° arc of fire. Amazing fire power and multi targeting. Outranges every non torpedo weapon and can't miss. Am i doing something wrong or it is simply invincible?

Edited by Spoletta

Hi!

Reporting my feedback on the version 0.98.

I've been playing it for quite a while, i think i'm near endgame (never cleared the original game to the end, so i don't know).

No bugs encountered so far, the mod looks well polished and the difficulty is just right (playing at normal difficulty).

I see that you have forced the player to use a combined arm force, with multiple damage types, shield and vehicles. I can say that it is working so far.

I got only a few gripes regarding balance, which i'll try to list:

1) Some weapons are useless, they have simply no role. The plasma caster for example has less range damage accuracy and shots than the laser scatter.

2) There is too few alenium, in particular when you want to craft enriched alenium stuff. You actually need to take down half alien fleet to build a double rocket launcher.

3) Armor piercing weapons. If the formula goes that Final damage= Damage - (armor - mitigation) then why all the armor piercing weapons have a damage + mitigation inferior to the damage of the non piercing weapons? In which case are they better than the non piercing weapons?

4) The assault lander. Is it me or you are just supposed to let this ufo fly and never engage it? Long range missilies don't work, you can't dogfight it because it is faster than anything in the game with almost 360° arc of fire. Amazing fire power and multi targeting. Outranges every non torpedo weapon and can't miss. Am i doing something wrong or it is simply invincible?

I quite agree with you, I made a similar review a few days ago as well: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12828-v1-09-X-CE-v0-31-X-DIVISION-Destiny-Denied-v0-98?p=155714&viewfull=1#post155714

Regarding the assault lander I think you should use autoresolve, it seems that UFOs were mostly tested and balanced for autoresolve rather than manual mode.

Have to bring your feet on the ground for this one. The assault lander is intended to be unbeatable but by furys. Even if you manage to shoot it down there are probably no ground assets for it, so it would result in a crash, the geoscape mission that is. I dont know how far drages has implemented the ground assets for this but i guess they will be done in the final version, provided that the ship is supposed to be downable in the first place.

Heres the original thread: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11009-FTD-Mod

Thats what they are meant to be.

I remember in the vanilla version i had maximum of 2 terror missions in the beginning. After that i had air supremacy almost over the whole earth and shooting down terror mission sites before they even happen becomes the new standart. Same goes for base attack missions. They ... never ... happen. Not a single one. (Veteran/Ironman)

So maybe prepare yourself for unbeatable base assault UFOs as well, they might happen.

To counter the fact that neither terror sites nor base assault mission were occuring after early gameplay the FTD-Mod introduced the assault lander and the dreadnaught (unused assets in teh vanilla game) which were night unbeatable and were solely generating either terror or base assault missions. And they gave the (useless) Fury a new role > shoot down this fast and strong UFOs, which conventional aircraft could not, or rather, destroy ´em.

But happy news: As far as i know kabill made it possible for those UFOs to generate ground missions, someone just have to do the map implementing work. Furthermore, It is possible to increase the type of UFOs and therefore have UFOs solely designed for one purpose, which was not possible before, as far as i know (Increasing the maximum type of UFOs, now its just copy&past&change).

So there can be early terror missions with scout units if you simply add that type of UFO to the early phase. You can design them to be downable or not, just as you see fit.

Just wanna give 0.99 a bump, than maybe we can see these changes sooner than later.

Hi people.

I stopped moding but 0.99 got so many awesome things for this game, i just don't want to throw them..

I want to continiue but i need crazy testers who can test any little things, mostly as work check.. i mean testers will test all the weapons, ufos, creatures, sounds.. not for balance first.. i need to be sure that the mod is working without bug.. then we can handle balance.. or balance will come a those tests anyway..

If there are volunteers who got free time and ready to work with me.. please send me note.

Thx

Well here we go.

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually have already 2 savegames where a crash happens on the first mission and on the first turn.

Just give me the starting signal and i will begin to organize those things.

You should not have any crash at this version. Probably there is something wrong at install or there are other mods active.

I am still working on 0.99... I am handling the manufacture/research tree.. sadly i don't have hope about another XCE version so i will try to do my best..

0.99 will handle many many things in the game like the terror missions..

Heres a mission protocol from 0.98 to turn up the hype for the 0.99 version, and for the upcoming final version.

Used Mods(in reverse order ):

XCE

XDivision 0.98

Charons Mod:

• Disabled berzerk until i replace it with something better, less random and spiky
  • Charons Boundless Soldier Pack:
  • No maximum stats gain per mission anymore. Every soldier is a direct representation of what he/she was doing at any mission.
  • Maximum Stats increasesed from 98 to 110.
  • You need +50% more actions to increase TUs now.
  • You need +200% more actions to increase Accuracy now.

Here it comes:

The Alien Fortress

Enemies:

• Alpha reapers (black version)
  • Reaper Rhinos (red version)
  • Sebillian Elites en masse
  • Sebillian Leaders a lot too
  • Predator (moving, no seriously, i liked him more when he couldnt move )

The heroes:

• 2 Sniper (incinerate sniper, direwolf )
  • 2 Riflemen ( incinerate sniper, direwolf )
  • 1 Forward ( incinerate sniper, direwolf )
  • 1 Assault ( laser carbine, Wolf Armor )
  • 2 Heavy Machinegun ( Scatter Laser, Predator Armor)
  • 2 shield ( Chemical Injector, Wolf Armor )

only a chinook available, so only 10 soldiers

... and as always, its pitch dark in there ...

Half an hour later ...

Lt. Matsaka Tanako gets blown to pieces by the most advanced alien grenade the Xenos have seen till today, her shield laying scorched on the alien alloy ground.

One and a half hour later ...

An alien leader resists 8 sniper shots with an average of 80% hits per turn for about 22 turns. Operating Leader Comd. Curtis Sheu sighs, and puts his last magazine in his 44 inches long sniper rifle. Ammo is getting low ...

Two hours later ...

We found the predator. He blasted a hole in the last shield we had. The tactical response was to throw 7 shock charges directly under his alien ass. That equaled to 7 times 120 shock damage. Enough to blow every electronic piece in the command room to hell and back again.

It didnt do so much as a scratch to him. Either that or he walked out. Seriously, who taught those aliens to walk?

That was our only chance to catch the alien predator alive. Our hope dwindles ...

Two hours and ten minutes later ...

Half of our squad has no ammo anymore. Comd. Lauren Butler and Col.Szymon Kania are tasked to collect every alien weapon which was left behind to fuel our advances on the command room. The other half is getting mind controlled every other turn and we lack the advanced stun batton charges to keep our hostile allies under control ...

Two hours and twenty minutes later ...

Lt. Gisela Walter falls.

Cap.Samuel Richard falls, luckily he is only unconscious but 12 hitpoints away from death. The Predator resists 220 kinetic dmg shots to the face from the alien snipers we picked up along the way. But even those are running low on ammo. Doubt spreads that there is even enough ammo in the whole base to kill that big ass alien.

After 2 and a half hour later ...

We did it. We captured the command room. We got controll over some basic surveillance systems and it looks like there is only one alien left. Lets clean this up and go home boys.

20160414042223_1.jpg

Comd. Curtis Sheu

Operating Leader and cool head of this operation, even if there are casualities. You can trust him to make the right decisions.

Comd. David Tran

He put out 30 shots at alien hostile units. Good to have him with us.

Maj. Kacper Dudek

Took 24 shoots. He was always inbetween and avaiable if anyone needed backup.

Comd. Majek Polak

57 shoots. One word: sniper.

Maj. Raymond McDonald

66 shots. He was constantly in the right postion. Being a perfect sniper is good, but hes still a notch above that.

Cap. Samuel Richard

54 shoots. The only guy that took a shot from a predator and still is alive to tell the tale.

Lt. Matsako Tanaka

Comd. Curtis Sheu knew this was a dangerous judgement, but he trusted his soldiers to obey his commands.

Lt. Matsako Tanaka helped to lure an alien leader who pinned our guys down with a sniper rifle into the right position. She will always be remembered.

Col. Szymon Kania

He was a bit green behind his ears and received the predator armor a bit too early, but his support in advances made him look fearless and brave. He fully understood what it meant to be first one to charge into battle, and to be the last one to draw out. This mission earned him him the spores to be the best among the best.

Lt. Gisela Walter

When facing overwhelming and most powerful enemies, fear creeps into the mind of soldiers. But not into hers. She knew she would be the on to make the most dangerous actions in this mission and she knew her chances to go through this in one piece were slim. But she trusted the commander to make the right choices to keep the casualities as small as possible. Her brave actions saved a lot of her comrades numerous times putting herself in danger to draw away fire from fellow soldiers. She will always be remembered for clinging to her shield until the very last moment. May she rest in peace.

Comd. Lauren Butler

One word: MVS. Most Valuable Soldier on the battlefield.

She was the raging tank amongst our soldier. Always on the front lines. Col. Szymon Kania covered her back while she brought raging wrath and destruction upon our enemies. She killed more than a third of the enemies. She took a 132 dmg bullet right to the chest and survived with 10 hp.

She was and is the hardest backbone of every squad she is in.

This mission was a complete success. The resulsts going far beyond what intelligence had suggested. Taking on a Fortress with only this much soldiers and and this early of an equipment.

Even though we took casualities and through all our difficulties, now we know, the aliens can bleed.

Lets take a moment to remember the Fallen:

20160414042223_1.jpg

20160414042223_1.thumb.jpg.db6307c106252

Edited by Charon

Hahaha.. it was a great story! Do they really resist so much agaist incinerate snipers? Wow their fire resistance are more then i guessed but you should use energy weapons against them :)..

0.99 alien stats are much more balanced and the ufo/base crew too..

A little update on my current playthorugh.

The harridan AI is so bad that i couldnt capture one. There was only one possibilty in my whole playthrough where i could do it but i forgot that i should capture him.

As a matter of fact i skipped the shrike dropship and went straight to the valkyrie dropship because of this. Feels odd to go from 10 to 14 soldiers in one go.

Im fighting cruisers now and i am still looking for harridans with their boots on the ground.

I also built two cryptologie center so i shouldnt miss any harridans anymore.

The harridan AI seriously needs to get changed. Maybe replace the AI with the XNT AI temporarily ?

A little update on my current playthorugh.

The harridan AI is so bad that i couldnt capture one. There was only one possibilty in my whole playthrough where i could do it but i forgot that i should capture him.

As a matter of fact i skipped the shrike dropship and went straight to the valkyrie dropship because of this. Feels odd to go from 10 to 14 soldiers in one go.

Im fighting cruisers now and i am still looking for harridans with their boots on the ground.

I also built two cryptologie center so i shouldnt miss any harridans anymore.

The harridan AI seriously needs to get changed. Maybe replace the AI with the XNT AI temporarily ?

AI file is hard to understand and nobody surely know what to do.. it's all trial and fail.. 0.99 AI is totally different but i did not check this situation.

I looked into the code and the only difference between your AI and the XNT AI is the sight range. From 25 to 28 tiles ...

I cant improve on the AI without the new version i guess, since it is so weapon damage dependend.

Ill stay put till then.

• 1 month later...

Just started trying out this mod, and already a funny bug/exploit – when AWACS catching up with UFO is given command to tail target, it is suddenly capable of flying at x3 of it's maximum speed (the speed of tailed UFO):)

Tried searching this thread for a mention of this, but didn't find anything.

I was looking forward to playing this mod, but to my disappointment found ground combat to be vanilla game style.

After playing XNT 6.0 I doubt I'll be able to return to "1 shot per turn" mechanics, feels to damn slow and unrealistic.

I am a long time fan of Jagged Alliance 2, including the famous 1.13 mod, and this type of combat mechanics feels too arcade-like, when no matter what weapon soldiers carrying, they can have only 1 shot per turn.

Thats acutally a good point, we could improve the ground combat in that direction. Unfortuantely doing this would mean to rewrite every weapon mechanic from scratch and this is currently not on our list :).

Maybe later, but thats definitely a good point.

I was looking forward to playing this mod, but to my disappointment found ground combat to be vanilla game style.

After playing XNT 6.0 I doubt I'll be able to return to "1 shot per turn" mechanics, feels to damn slow and unrealistic.

I am a long time fan of Jagged Alliance 2, including the famous 1.13 mod, and this type of combat mechanics feels too arcade-like, when no matter what weapon soldiers carrying, they can have only 1 shot per turn.

As i understand you want to fire more per turn?

At 0.99, you can easily fire 2 burst shots with rifle already.. much more with pistol.. even heavy machine-guns fires 2 time in a turn.

As i understand you want to fire more per turn?

At 0.99, you can easily fire 2 burst shots with rifle already.. much more with pistol.. even heavy machine-guns fires 2 time in a turn.

It's not just that, although you can fire three shots per turn in XNT, be that snapshot or burst (and I'm pretty much firing bursts all the time). It's much more dynamic in XNT, and after trying that I just can't force myself to play vanilla game style gc. Ground combat in vanilla game never really captured me, and in XNT I'm sitting on the edge of my chair all the time:D

(If you move a little in vanilla style gc – there's TU's for only one shot left, or not enough left at all, while in XNT you're able to move a little and fire two shots after that.)

Please help me out friends. How do I go about incorporating XNT-style gc TU's consumption into this mod, leaving all other aspects of this mod untouched? Just by editing some xml?

Edited by trueman11

Thats acutally a good point, we could improve the ground combat in that direction. Unfortuantely doing this would mean to rewrite every weapon mechanic from scratch and this is currently not on our list :).

Maybe later, but thats definitely a good point.

In what direction such rewriting would need to go? As I asked in previous post, can I somehow change all that, leaving all other aspects of this mod untouched?

I looked into the code and the only difference between your AI and the XNT AI is the sight range. From 25 to 28 tiles ...

I cant improve on the AI without the new version i guess, since it is so weapon damage dependend.

Ill stay put till then.

This is not the real difference between XNT AI, that script is exclusive to work for XNT TU, wounds and weapons dynamic. I waste about 8 months polishing the AI for XNT. At Xenonauts release I discuss a lot with the AI programers because lot of the variables are integrated on Playground SKD.

As I say tons of times to Drages the thing here is not question of copy paste the AI code of XNT or add thousand of irrelevant weapons, armor and researches... When you play XNT hellgate you found a wonderfull divercity of tactics because TU and Game dynamic.

Im happy to hear @trueman11 feeling the real goal of XNT6, this is my real life work, game system desing and I made the mod to capture the escense of Old School XCOM.

:D thank you sooo much.

Edited by TacticalDragon

Wow, that post was so long ago, we are a bit further now. I want to strongly point out that 0.98 is not 0.99, for the better or the worse. They are 2 completely different mods. The AI was revamped in 0.99 behaving totally different now. Terror soldiers, now integrated more then ever, have their own AI. Going into a Terror site wont be the same as going on a crash site mission.

The XNT AI gameplay felt wonderful integrated to me. Here take my loving TacticalDragon :)

@trueman11 like TacticalDragon said, its not that easy and a simple change of values.

But what i can think of off the hook is to decrease %TU costs, decrease weapon damage and increase weapon degradation by the same %. This would make an considerable impact without altering the game in any way. Maybe also decrease the reloading costs by the same %.

So lets say we decrease everything by 25%. TU 40% > 30%, damage 80 > 60, armor degradation 16 > 20.

But thats a lot of work with an neglectable impact. And it would mess up the whole armor degradation system.so the whole gameplay feeling is integrated into the game, spending 8 months on it doesnt sound unreasonable to me.

I think we have to get the word out that 0.98 isnt the same as 0.99. Think of 0.98 as a mixup between the original XNT, a slower kabills UFO spawn and a lot of Drages Craziness in adding a lot of things. In 0.99 things are coming together smoothly, althought were are not quite there yet :D.