[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Guys, need some help please. Either I installed the mod incorrectly or am doing something wrong.

How do I research new tech?!! My science lab is totally empty. I am at advanced ballistic weapons and I have capture many aliens including officers. I captured a ton of them and at the end combat mission it is said that some of the aliens are executed, but nothing is getting sent to research. I've picked up a ton of alien weapon and disassembled a scout, a small scout and a corvette. Nothing happens when that completes.

Also, when I pick up an alien weapon, the trooper icon has nothing in his hands. The icon for alien grenades is also missing at the bottom selection bar.

What am I doing wrong? I installed from nexus and have the appropriate mods activated in the launcher. I have the Steam version. Thanks in advance yall...

I had the same problem and i thought there was something wrong with my install too.It seems that you need to capture allien officers from the next invasion phase . The invasion phase advances every few in-game months you will just have to wait for the bigger ships to arrive.Then the new allien officers will appear and you will be able to advance to the next tech level.

Hi,

I having a problem with the game crashing every time when air combat is supposed to launch (I click 'engage' on the combat starting screen). This started to happen somewhat later on in the campaign - when 2nd type of Alien scouts started to appear.

I am using the newst version of X-Division and XCE and I my mod menu looks exacly like the one posted here:

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/kinguard/media/divisionmodchart_zpskoq6yjk4.png.html

by the mod's author (so I only have the mods listed and the order is set the same).

Is any of those mods not compatibile? Or have I done something wrong?

EDIT: now it also happens after starting new game - I had 1st combat run ok, then 2nd crashes every time. I have 6 hangars in the base and 4 interceptors (if that might have anything to do with it)

EDIT 2: I use Xenonauts v1.54 (11 Feb 2015) from GOG and XCE v0.34

Edited by trojanuch

EDIT: now it also happens after starting new game - I had 1st combat run ok, then 2nd crashes every time. I have 6 hangars in the base and 4 interceptors (if that might have anything to do with it)

EDIT 2: I use Xenonauts v1.54 (11 Feb 2015) from GOG and XCE v0.34

Don't use XCE. On Steam the research is screwed up and crashed aliens often show up with no weapons. I switched to the default 1.5 and it's good now.

Actually I managed to make it work (so far) - mistake was mine: I had all mods on the list active while this screen:

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/kinguard/media/divisionmodchart_zpskoq6yjk4.png.html

presents clearly that some should be inactive.

I've also downgraded XN to v1.51 (GOG) but that might be irrelevant.

Regarding XCE, this page:

http://www.nexusmods.com/xenonauts/mods/8/?

says that you need to have XCE:

HOW TO INSTALL

- You need have game ver. 1.5* and Community Edition 0.33+. For Community Edition: INFO/DOWNLOAD LINKS or if you use steam, right click to your game in game library, choose properties, go for BETAS and choose "Community"

- Mod is about 1.8 GB.

- Extract the file manually into the your "game's folder/assets/mods" with any program like winzip, winrar or 7zip

- Check any patch and hotfix of this mod, download them. (There is non for now)

- Start the game

- Activate the mods as you in the picture:

So I didn't know it can run on base game version. Are you sure that it's the right way to go?

I've also found it very important to apply this QUICK FIX:

-IMPORTANT FIX FOR XCE 34-

-Go for assets/mods folder and open XDivision folder

-Find weapons_gc.xml and open it with notepad

-Search for "weapon.grenade.incendiary"

-You will see a code just at that line: MODMERGE="insert"

-Change the "insert" to "replace"

as otherwise I had problems with unarmed Aliens and crashes during AI turns.

Hope above helps someone.

Also - great thanks to the author of the mod for the awesome job he has done. Cheers m8! :)

Edited by trojanuch

Don't use XCE. On Steam the research is screwed up and crashed aliens often show up with no weapons. I switched to the default 1.5 and it's good now.

I don't know what exactly have you done but X:CE works with this mod and playing with just base game (1.5), will only get you so far, because this mod extensively uses X:CE features which base game doesn't have (I am actually surprised it didn't crash.

If you still think I am speaking gibberish, go back to older X:CE (you will have to download it manually- Download X:CE 0.31 - this version of mod is designed around that).

Edited by Sentelin

Actually I managed to make it work (so far) - mistake was mine: I had all mods on the list active while this screen:

presents clearly that some should be inactive.

I've also downgraded XN to v1.51 (GOG) but that might be irrelevant.

Regarding XCE, this page:

http://www.nexusmods.com/xenonauts/mods/8/?

says that you need to have XCE:

So I didn't know it can run on base game version. Are you sure that it's the right way to go?

I've also found it very important to apply this QUICK FIX:

as otherwise I had problems with unarmed Aliens and crashes during AI turns.

Hope above helps someone.

Also - great thanks to the author of the mod for the awesome job he has done. Cheers m8! :)

Yea I used CE 0.34, and it doesn't work. Joined this forum but couldn't find the fix. Perhaps i'll try it. But somehow it worked pretty well for me on 1.5, with no other mods

Edited by DarkPursuer

I don't know what exactly have you done but X:CE works with this mod and playing with just base game (1.5), will only get you so far, because this mod extensively uses X:CE features which base game doesn't have (I am actually surprised it didn't crash.

If you still think I am speaking gibberish, go back to older X:CE (you will have to download it manually- Download X:CE 0.31 - this version of mod is designed around that).

How do I roll back to 0.31 on Steam?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people..

I was out for long time.. My new daughter, jop and RL issues are overwhelmed me already. To be honest, i lost my mood to continue modding this game. I need some key updates from XCE, like erasing the old manufactures to make this mod much more player friendly.

This mod works with 0.34 XCE if you do the fix manually. I am planning to finish this mod in future as ver 1.0 but as i said i need new XCE versions to finish all the research and manufacture line. Or you will have millions of research and manufactures and it's lame..

Hey people..

I was out for long time.. My new daughter, jop and RL issues are overwhelmed me already. To be honest, i lost my mood to continue modding this game. I need some key updates from XCE, like erasing the old manufactures to make this mod much more player friendly.

This mod works with 0.34 XCE if you do the fix manually. I am planning to finish this mod in future as ver 1.0 but as i said i need new XCE versions to finish all the research and manufacture line. Or you will have millions of research and manufactures and it's lame..

Hi Drages,

Welcome back, we have been missing you.:)

Did not see you post for a while and thought you had given up.

Nice that you are back again

Hi Drages,

Welcome back, we have been missing you.:)

Did not see you post for a while and thought you had given up.

Nice that you are back again

Thx aajs.. it's not like given up.. it's just the mod becomes so bigger then i can handle.. the funny part is most of it finished. The problem is to put them into the game. Noone wants to have 1000 manufacture without ability to sort them.. The problems about replacing items without destroying them is a big question in my mind too.. so i am waiting 0.35 and i can continue with the hype of it i hope.

Hi! Confused newbie here!

Amazing mod, Drages! My veteran team just got absolutely smashed in my first base run(wild reaper crept up on me in the middle of a firefight.. you know). Thats not my question, however! The question is: Is there some sort of a tech tree I can look at? It seems I hit some research bedrock.. I have landing ship, and base(went better on second attempt, lots of rookies got promoted) datacores, but they kinda just sitting in my storeroom.. I cant disassemble the lander, and base research didnt popped up..

What do you mean "no ability to sort"? You can create as many manufacturing categories as you want in xenonauts, right? I feel confused and don't fully understand the problem. :confused:

No sadly you can't.. it's hardcoded and you can rename the old ones only. At XCE, you can have only 4 extra categories to rename and use but even 4 is not enough to have all new things..

Morhem you can see all the techs at researches.xml file in mod directory.

What!? Only 8 categories possible? I had no idea that was the case. :eek:

Man, that means even if you try equally divide 1000 things into these 8 categories equally... each one would hold 125 items.

Yeah, I can see how annoying it would be try scrolling the manufacturing list during mid- and late-game, especially because how small the window is.

Thank you for clarifying that, I now understand how you feel. : S

What!? Only 8 categories possible? I had no idea that was the case. :eek:

Man, that means even if you try equally divide 1000 things into these 8 categories equally... each one would hold 125 items.

Yeah, I can see how annoying it would be try scrolling the manufacturing list during mid- and late-game, especially because how small the window is.

Thank you for clarifying that, I now understand how you feel. : S

So you see the problem.. 0.99 got 3 version of every weapon and it's only enough to get that huge numbers alone. Worst thing is there is no option for sorting.. so you can't put the newest manufactures above. If you miss the new manufactures name, there is now way to find it at that tons of old manufactures. The only option here is a way to erase the old manufactures and Ilunak said he will add it to next version.. so waiting for it..

For a mod at Xdivision size, i need some more moders who can handle the air and building parts at least, annnnddd a dedicated XCE coder.. and someone for xpedia.. for one man it's a ridiculous work...

Without an XCE coder, i lose many aspects to mod. I put many vehicles and mechs for example but with only 1 weapon option, it's not make sense. I can't put grenade type weapons to vehicles too.. i got many walls like that and those are lowering my hype..

I would like to see Xenonauts 2 as a remake of this make with no bugs, good AI and modable content at every aspect without any hardcode.. Maybe i mod X-Com 2 if it can give me options what i dreamed for this game.

Edited by drages

So you see the problem.. 0.99 got 3 version of every weapon and it's only enough to get that huge numbers alone. Worst thing is there is no option for sorting.. so you can't put the newest manufactures above. If you miss the new manufactures name, there is now way to find it at that tons of old manufactures. The only option here is a way to erase the old manufactures and Ilunak said he will add it to next version.. so waiting for it..

Yeah, I think its wise to wait as long as it has been made clear to the X:CE devs what you need.

If that fails, you can try adding sorting directly to the names of items, like Aajs did in XMC. He added a short designation that makes it clear at a glance what level of item it is (RNK1 - Rank 1, RNK2 - Rank 2, ASLT - Assault Ship and so on). Something similar may be useful to put prefixes in weapon/armor/vehicle/aircraft names to achieve a crude way of sorting in the item list. Not perfect solution, but might help.

XCOM 2 seems very excited though, I'm really excited for that game, but probably won't have a PC strong enough to run it (old gfx card nooo : C), but the modding options sound amazing there. I would definitely play any mods you make as soon I get an upgrade eventually. :D

Hi there, I have an issue with vehicle weapons : I can't mount them, no matter which one I built they never appear on the drop down menu in the garage so I 'm stuck with the basic weapon. I use CE and did the incendiary grenade fix.

Any idea ?

mod is awesome btw

Edited by DM61

Hi

I just installed this mod and I've immediately noticed that the splash screen background is cut off on my monitor with 1680x1050 resolution. Does the mod have any other issues with handling sub 1920x1080 resolutions? If it's only that starting image (or other backgrounds) I don't have a problem with it but I'd like to avoid any menus getting cut off.