[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Yup the Fallen Fighter I got by every shootdown from fighters, so I can dissemble them and get Materials. But the Question is: for what I need the Fighter Core I have in Storage?

Yes I´m sure, because I only fire with Rifels, MG´s, Shotguns, Pistols, Sniper (Next Gen) as well as Standardlasers (all normal equipped Xenonauts use Lasers now), 2 Flamethrowers and the Chemical Injector.

The Grenades I have (Standard Explosive Grenade, Stun Grenade, Flashbang, Smoke Grenade, Incendiry Grenade) I use most for normal enemys (Sebillans, Ceasans, first 2 Xenomorphtypes) and in chase the Explosive / Incendiry Grenade for Androns.

2 Rocket Launcher Soldiers are new in my Team. So I have up to 20 Soldiers with 3 Shotguns, 2 Snipers, 3 or 4 Heavy, 3 to 4 Rifels, 2 Scouts, 2 Flammers and 2 new Rocketers. The Strike Team and Base Defense Team completes 2 Vehicles up to date (the Hunter with Rockets is chanced with Defender with the researchable Gun).

Shielded Aliens I didn´t located yet. But I think they will come up now, because Corvetts are coming several times. Most of them are piloted by Androns as well as Harridans (the Alien that looks like a Rabbit in Autopsiescreen?). Couldn´t catch a Rabbitalien alive yet. :( but my time will come.

Thats all Information for now, but it will come more today or tomorrow.

Can´t make pictures, if I could make some it´s somtimes better and easyer to explain. The Programm didn´t give a chance to make Pictures.:(

Edited by Alienkiller

Do you want to upload the researches file your using so I can have a look for bugs with the xenopedia entries? I think I might know what the issue is but I'd need to see the file.

I will send them to u when my work is over about 1 hour later..

Drages you said the new Xenopedia is ready. If you and kabill find the evtl. bug / bugs, is there a chance to test the new Xenopedia in Version 0.98? If not and it comes with 0.98.1 is there a chance to use our saves there?

Xenopedia patch won't break anything but you won't able to see older entries if u don't restart. . Not so big deal.. I try to not break the save games until my testers finish their first runs.

If u use steam u can use F12 to take ss.

Yes I use Steam. Shit, then I pressed the false key. :o

If I got a new chance to fight androns, I will show you a picture from the result screen.

Btw. we have a new CE-Version, so Steam will update today first then I can go on testing.

Edited by Alienkiller

Yes I use Steam. Shit, then I pressed the false key. :o

If I got a new chance to fight androns, I will show you a picture from the result screen.

Btw. we have a new CE-Version, so Steam will update today first then I can go on testing.

Just send me a save gave from that GC.. i can see and check it myself.

So wait... Force fields would block energy damage mostly... Does Xenonauts have the ability to simulate different kinds of damage absorption or shield resistances (very resistant to energy, weak to ballistics. Or vice versa for Xenos)?

So wait... Force fields would block energy damage mostly... Does Xenonauts have the ability to simulate different kinds of damage absorption or shield resistances (very resistant to energy, weak to ballistics. Or vice versa for Xenos)?

no no no.. i wish but cant.. i just use the same "shield" idea to create this.. giving aliens invisible shields like forcefields.. and like everything they absord any damage types..

So basically... It's just something that prevents us from shooting them with their own stun shotguns and make the valkaries' lives much harder... you might need to nerf resistances to balance. Or just be sadistic. That works too.

Yes i got some ideas to update current weapons.. hunter class vehicles will have machineguns and heavy rocket types including stun/gas/fire...

30 cal already gets laser/plasma/mag updates.. you want something special?

Not a late reply :P. But I was thinking a flamethrower on my tank. Making it the ultimate anti reaper/xenomorph tool.

Seeing this "forcefield" idea, if you haven't done it already, can't you create a object and call it "forcefield emitter" and then change the stats for the aliens that use "forcefields".

The player could then use the object as a research to understand why the aliens resist more damage and/or lead to research that specifically counters that.. For example a anti-forcefield grenade( high damage to the alien resistance value) or tie in weapons to it?

This games shield mechanism is just stopping a number of damage. No resistance calculated. And only shields can create this kind of thing.. so u cant create another item or give this ability to a weapon/armour.. i thought it at the start of the mod.. maybe kabill can add something like that but its for X-Div v2.7 planned :P... grenades ignores shields..

Flame thrower is good idea but melee aliens are intelligence enough to not attack to vehicles.. i wish my big mellees attack to vehicles anyway..

Alright, just thought of using an item as a dummy object to give the illusion of a "forcefield" and just increase healith or resistances, although you seem to have bigger ideas with it and I can image it would be far less frustrating than what I mentioned. :)

I was thinking creating just something in the alien inventory that does nothing. It would be just an object, like a grenade or weapon- but looks like a "forcefield generator" when looking through alien inventory and they would not be able to throw or use it.

So it would just be something that the game thinks is a grenade or weapon and the stats would be on the alien itself.

So you would have two types of the same alien, one "forcefield" alien with boosted health and or resistance and normal alien.

Of course this seems like a lot more work than it needs to be and what you have an idea for seems far easier and more practical when the code gets the options :)

There is nothing which gives anything at inventory. So you cant give any stat for ammo/weapon at backpack.. alien should hold it to use like a shield.. but the game is working different at alien secondweapons..

the only thing which can give any stat boost hp boost is "armour" we wear..

i tried anything :) the forcefield idea was one of projects when i started x-div.. but the game is not supporting it..

You want an item like at xcom apocalypse isnt it? it would be nice addition but at the game there is no "item" to use.. shields medpacks everything are weapons or ammos...

If you create that I will use it like I used those shields in XCOM APOC, I'll equip 1 on my hand and 3 on the backpack and will have the effect of 4 shields. ;)

Grenades going poof: Whenever your soldiers get injured enough that their weapons are auto-removed (or you loot the body of an unconscious Naut because you need that medkit) you lose all non-gun equipment they had, even if it should've been looted again afterwards. If you could look into the constancy script for that, that'd be immensely helpful.

Xenopedia Patch - FINISHED!!! omg... about 400 entry.. yes 400..

and the surprise of the day... TOOLTIPS FINISHED!!! yeah...

Did you remember Draku who find out the little "." bug at research tree.. he pmed to me.. "i finished tooltips" he said. like a 1 april.. and he didnt stop, he updated all weapon.xml and other string issues..

what can we want for more?

This mod became a real "MOD" with this 2 updates..

New ufopedia (now as Xpedia) patch will be up 10 hours later because i am at work shift right now.. i am so relieved.. there are some black screens, missing pictures or some little code errors which you will report me by one by and we will clean them. But its working..