[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

I know what you mean and see the problem. I will play on the Weekend too (maybe tonigt night after i come home), so I will come to the stage where you are now. If I remember correctly, you can research EMP-Weapons first after you dissambled an Andron. I think Drages didn´t change annything there (like the String and Research show).

Edited by Alienkiller

You can get better armour without Andron body. I completed research tree (at least I think) and can manufacture better armour. However I don't see wolf armour.

Yeah, and I need the Wolf armor. Drages told me he changed things so that you need to dis-assemble an Andron to be able to research wolf armor. Androns no longer drop bodies though, only parts. In fact, I'm looking at the researches XML for this version of the mod. It specifically says we need:

1) Alien Alloy Fabrication (which I have done)

2) Fox armor (the anti-explosive armor, which I have done)

3) Andron dis-assembly (which I can't do because that's dependent on capturing an Andron body, which is impossible since they are ALWAYS reduced to parts and weapons that deal stun damage to them kill them before the stun damage disables them, hell, I even said that a basic Andron guard will take more stun damage than a Xenomorph Praetorian and still remain functional and the EMP weapons, which you would think would disable them without killing them, simply destroys them because Androns have a higher stun damage threshold than they do health, or in the case of the EMP grenades, simply and outright kill them, rather than doing any sort of stun damage. I've tested this on Guards, Soldiers, Warriors, and the Hubs. It doesn't matter what weapon I use, they're reduced to parts. No intact bodies.)

Further, I COULD manufacture Predator armor....if it weren't for the fact that selecting it in the workshop crashes the game. That it restricts soldiers to heavy weapons only, which isn't a good thing in this instance. Basically, unless this is fixed, the tech tree is stagnated. And with Harridans using Neutron weapons so frequently now, I have no real way to defend against them, and Wolf armor should help with that, IF I could research it, which I can't, because I can't capture an intact Andron no matter what gear I use. It's impossible, and with Cruisers and Carriers now in the fray (and yes, I can kill those with my aircraft still, the problem isn't really the air game, the problem is that I'm hesitant to raid UFOs because of how many aliens are appearing per UFO and with more advanced weapons now, so I basically can't raid because my armor is worthless, and I can't make new armor because the one thing I need to research it seems to have basically been removed from the game).

:confused: I will try it, if I meet them. Together we will find it out what´s wrong.

Maybe I have a solution for that problem. I remember that I fought the Androns with Balistic Weapons and got Andron Bodys, because it´s no energy Weapon. I will try it, if I meet them. If that´s the solution, we have won. :)

:confused: I will try it, if I meet them. Together we will find it out what´s wrong.

Maybe I have a solution for that problem. I remember that I fought the Androns with Balistic Weapons and got Andron Bodys, because it´s no energy Weapon. I will try it, if I meet them. If that´s the solution, we have won. :)

Oh dear GOD I hope the answer isn't ballistic weapons. They're practically immune to that weapon class...will test later as well.

Sometimes you have to use the Weapons which you hadn´t thought about. But be warned. You need much bullets from the first Ballistic Weapons / NextGen Ballistic Weapons to get them down. Use Stun Batons as well, because Pistols normaly have no effect. For Ballistic use Sniper, Heavy MG´s, Rifles, Shotguns as well as the .50 Cal Guns/Rocket Launcher of the Hunter.

The best thing is if you use the NextGen Ballistic Weapons or higher. If that solution didn´t work we got a big problem here.

Then tell what happend. I hope we get good news. If nothing helps we have to use Stunbattons. :(

Um....Like I've said several times before, the stun batons do nothing. Androns have a higher stun threshold then they have health. A basic Andron guard will take several times the stun damage needed to bring down a Xenomoprh Praetorian and will continue to be an active threat. And I say this having used both regular and advanced stun batons on Androns to literally no effect. Testing Spear now.

EDIT: Just brought down an Andron guard with Spear weapons (which took 5 of my guys firing at it at incredibly close range) and just got parts. It's impossible to get an intact Andron body for research.

Edited by Squaddie Perseus

Yep, as I said above, just got parts, and I don't have any "Advanced" ballistic weapons. Never mind the fact that all of said weapons are heavy weapons or sniper rifles or a magnum revolver...so not exactly a good choice of gear for an entire team.

Yep, but i was bit faster :)

It seems that is a bug. I cannot figure more ways to get andron body so we are missing Wolf armour and such.

Yep, but i was bit faster :)

It seems that is a bug. I cannot figure more ways to get andron body so we are missing Wolf armour and such.

We need to let Drages know then. This has basically stagnated the tech tree and made anything above a Corvette a suicide mission most of the time. What's more, I've now got Cruisers and Carriers to content with, so having Wolf armor is now a must, and no longer an option. Besides, I've got enough resources to outfit all my troops with Wolf armor so...yeah. This needs to be fixed. Should we PM Drages?

:confused: Every Laser, Ballistic Weapon and Explosive Weapon you use destroy an Andron, right?

The last suggestion I have to offer is to capture a Andron alive/stunned. Try to damage him, then Stun him (try to use Alien Stun Weapons or Stunbattons after damaging the Andron). That´s what I can suggest, because you need time to reasearch him (saw that in the Research).

But you are right, Drages and the Team should show over that. Maybe it´s a bug we couldn´t find out yet.

Edited by Alienkiller

:confused: Every Laser, Ballistic Weapon and Explosive Weapon you use destroy an Andron, right?

The only way to get an Andron for research is to capture him stunned. It´s the only way. Damage him, then Stun him (try to use Alien Stun Weapons or Stun battons after damaging the Andron). That´s what I can suggest, because you need time to reasearch him.

I think it´s the only way. You have to capture him alive to resarch him. All other suggestions bring only parts, correct?

Again, I've tried using stun batons, both regular and advanced. They don't work. I've had three shield troopers all armed with advance stun batons just pummel an Andron guard (remember, that's the most basic Andron) and deal at least hundreds of points worth of stun damage to no effect. If you tallied up all that stun damage, you could take down at least three, maybe four, Xenomorph Praetorians, which REQUIRE at least 3 troopers pummeling them with standard stun batons to bring down in one turn, and even then you have to hope the RNG is kind. Further, missions involving Androns NEVER have alien stun weapons in them. From all the testing I've done with stun weapons being used against Androns, they just don't work. Androns have an insanely high stun threshold and it's not physically possible to bring one down using stun weapons, regardless of how much you hit it. Oh, and when it came to trying to stun that guard, it went on for two turns and it was still standing when the shield troopers were out of TUs on the second turn. It just can't be done.

The last suggestion I have to offer is to capture a Andron alive/stunned. Try to damage him, then Stun him (try to use Alien Stun Weapons or Stunbattons after damaging the Andron). That´s what I can suggest, because you need time to reasearch him (saw that in the Research).

But you are right, Drages and the Team should show over that. Maybe it´s a bug we couldn´t find out yet.

Stunned andron, got parts.

:confused: Thats crazy. Have checked some datas and couldn´t find a failure. Research (OK), string (OK); both have Andron assembly in it.

I remember, that I had in XNT to capture an Alien allive to to get better armor. But I dind´t remember which alien. Drages go the same way, we have only to find it.

The Corpose destination from Drages is here:

Corpse name="Items.AndronCorpse" MODMERGE="insert" MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name">

<stockTextureName>weapons/ScrapMetal1.png</stockTextureName>

<dragTextureName>weapons/ScrapMetal1.png</dragTextureName>

<slotsizex>3</slotsizex>

<slotsizey>5</slotsizey>

<weight>25</weight>

The Original Data (from Standard and X:CE) for comparisation:

-<Corpse name="Items.AndronGuardCorpse">

<stockTextureName>weapons/ScrapMetal1.png</stockTextureName>

<dragTextureName>weapons/ScrapMetal1.png</dragTextureName>

<slotsizex>2</slotsizex>

<slotsizey>2</slotsizey>

<weight>25</weight>

And the Data, which is connected from both to it here: Xenonatus/assets/weapons/ScrapMetal1

I found the failure. I checked it with the Original Data and found out, that in Drages Data is missing a part, the "Guard". So you have a problem with the Tech tree. ;)

Chance the Entry in Drages Part and try again.

Edited by Alienkiller

Wow u ready worked on this Andron corpse situation when I was sleep :)

There is no Andron corpse any more. They are parts.. I will have my computer in one hour and I will check it. Probably I forgot to change something somewhere. .Androns cannot be stunned of course. It's not about weapon u use. U just don't need to destroy the body with explosives. As I said, I probably forgot to replace with new things..

Andron bodies are very important for armour and vehicle manufacturing.

Wow u ready worked on this Andron corpse situation when I was sleep :)

There is no Andron corpse any more. They are parts.. I will have my computer in one hour and I will check it. Probably I forgot to change something somewhere. .Androns cannot be stunned of course. It's not about weapon u use. U just don't need to destroy the body with explosives. As I said, I probably forgot to replace with new things..

Andron bodies are very important for armour and vehicle manufacturing.

Yes, and as we've found, these parts aren't recognized as something that can be researched. The only Andron parts I've been able to research are the Hub parts I've salvaged, but the parts from say...a guard, don't qualify as something that can be researched according to the game. Thus, we can't acquire wolf armor or new vehicles and/or weapons. Also, Drages, you may want to check the Corsair research. I researched it last night and it unlocked the Marauder instead.