Mod Manager

Hi, guys.

I spent some time out, coming back now. Good improvements at Xenonauts, especialy with this edition.

Now a question: is it right to have to enable all mods again everytime I lauch the game? There is no way (should not) mod manager keep you last preferences? If you use just some classic mods, it's a long list to enable. It's annoying.

The issue seems to be related to the number of mods you have in the list. I was having this problem when I had, what, 23 mods running? But then I combined a lot of the smaller ones together so that it's now around ~10 and it works fine now. (But it is a bug, yes, so far as I know).

Have you tried it in XCE or only the vanilla branch? If the latter, might be XCE only for some reason?

In any case, if you've not tried this the issue seems related to the number of mods activated at the same time. I was running 23 at one point and was consistently having to reset them. However, if I only had a small number activated at the same time (e.g. 4) they stayed activated.

So to reproduce it should simply be a matter of installing and activating a large number of mods at once - the game will run fine but when you quit and reopen the launcher/mod manager they will all be deactivated (and put in their default priority order, too). In theory, anyway. That's what was happening with me.

EDIT: Alexandre - best tip is to look for mods which don't interact with each other. For example, my three random map packs don't have any clashes so they can all be run from the same folder. Basically, if you copy paste the contents of one mod into another, it will be fine so long as you don't end up overwriting any files (folders are fine but not their contents; the modinfo.xml file is ok to overwrite as all mods have one).

Just some feedback: I managed to merge some mods (by autor) and now, with around 10-12 on the list, the mod manager keep it all enabled when I quit and restart (no need to enable and change load order everytime). By the way: playing at Veteran dificulty with Dynamic UFO Spawns I found a real challenge. I started thinking I would be the usual badass, killing aliens all around, but... nope: getting my ass kicked from time to time, and it is pretty awesome. Impressive work, guys, both vanilla patches and CE tweaks. I am glad to see that neither devs or modders drop it after a good amount of time. Really excited about the next Goldhawk game to come.