GAS grenades their damage and gas mechanic

drages

Hey..

I am a bit confused about gas mechanic in this game.

At original X-Com as i remember there was a explosive damage from the time when the grenade/weapon hit and next turn when you move to a gassed tile u took that damage at your every step.

At xenonauts when u throw the grenade, it explodes and gives the first direct damage from weapon_GC and the gas starts. So what happened then?

1. Does The unit in gas tile take gas damage directly at next turn beginning?

2. Which steps does the unit take another damage? Only when it stepped another gas tile?

As i see the unit takes damage at beginning of the its turn. But i cant say what happens after that.. u only take gas damage at first step and u can just walk in it after it without harm?

Can someone explain it to me shortly please .. thx..

I *think* a unit takes damage if they are in a hazardous tile at the beginning of their turn *and* for every hazardous tile they move through (the latter is definitely true of fire so I assume it works the same for gas types even though they're handled slightly differently).

So, ironically, if you're surrounded by poisoned gas you're better off sitting in it rather than attempting to escape, since that way you only take damage once.

I *think* a unit takes damage if they are in a hazardous tile at the beginning of their turn *and* for every hazardous tile they move through (the latter is definitely true of fire so I assume it works the same for gas types even though they're handled slightly differently).

So, ironically, if you're surrounded by poisoned gas you're better off sitting in it rather than attempting to escape, since that way you only take damage once.

But Kabill, when u try to move in a gas, u just get hit at first step and then at the next move order u just go whatever u want to go.. same for aliens in stun gas.. You cant see the beginning turn damage everytime but aliens can walk easily without any harm after that.. they dont even take damage at first step sometimes.. I need to check this again.. but i am nearly sure they dont take at every tile.. you dont get it too.. Fire is a hardcoded different thing as i see.. Aliens dont go in to fire but they can jump into clouds sometimes..

I made my testes so as an ifno for everybody i am sharing this.. first of all thx to Xenonauts who needed to stay at a stun cloud for many turns :P..

SO this is the gas history:

1. Step - You throw it and when it explodes it give the damage as weapon_GC says.. no problem..

2. Step - The unit/alien who is inside the GAS tile at the beginning of turn, takes GAS damage at the beginning of turn.

3. Step - Andd... If the unit/alien was already in GAS, he doesnt take any more damage from that "gas" even its another grenades gas (same type gas , 2. grenade)

So one gas damage for one turn..