Anyone else having problems booting XCE since 1.53 came out?

Devon_v

I picked up the game last week and I've been playing XCE just fine until suddenly it completely stopped working. 1.53 works fine, but XCE now crashes before even reaching the loader.

It was a matter of literally shutting the game down one evening, and the next day it was broken. The only thing I can think of that changed is the 1.53 hotfix, but I have no idea how that interacts with XCE.

Does XCE need to be recompiled or something perhaps?

EDIT: I should mention this is the Steam version so it auto-updated, and I've verified files.

Edited by Devon_v

If you were on the XCE branch in Steam then updates from 1.53 shouldn't have any effect.

For what it's worth, I've been able to run XCE via Steam fine. But I've not been on the vanilla branch for a while, so it's possible there's some interaction affecting you specifically. But it seems more likely that it's caused by a mod or some kind of file corruption. In case of the latter, try re-verifying your game files to see if it works.

I really didn't think it would. Just knowing that's not the case lets me know to keep searching on my end. Thank you.

Edit: Well, huh. Switched back to XCE fork, unsubscribed from all mods, nuked the install directory, backed up and removed all saves and settings from My Documents, had Steam redownload the whole thing, crash before the loader even comes up. Tried deleting the prepackaged mods XCE comes with (everything but xce, xcebalance and xcesettings), still no go. Completely stumped. It worked two days ago.

At this point I'll probably just mod 1.53. It seems to have ported over a good portion of XCE's features.

Edited by Devon_v