[X:CE 0.31 HF1] CRITICAL BUG REPORT - Crash terror mission Assault lander attacks

sososo980

Ah, apparently I'd already uploaded it. Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zybf2mclztot7kr/ftd.zip?dl=0

I *think* you should be able to just install this over the existing FTD mod and be able to pick up from the same game. However, I note that the file available in this link has a different folder name to the one in XCE, so when you install this mod make sure you deactivate the version of FTD you were using and activate this one instead.

Hey man it worked !!!

I had to remove the original folder Furies, Terror and Dread..etc.. and extracted the file I downloaded form your link in another folder. I had to remove the old folder because in the mod list I was not able to activate the mod I downloaded from you : when I went on activate that in the mod list it automatically activated the other one (the original one). So I removed the folder and left only the one I got from you.

I just reloaded the save game I kept (I didn't delete it...Ironman-Insane lot of struggle to get there !!! ) And now the assault lander attacks Buenos Aires and it works flawlessly !!!

Thanks a lot you should have come earlier !! And better update it publicly because this bug can crash a lot of games, an assault lander will sooner or later attack a city.

Ah, yeah, that might be because it's using the modinfo file for the mod name rather than the mod folder's name. Never mind, at least you got it working.

As regards getting updated officially, I've emailed the relevant people with the link so it should get sorted soon enough.

• 4 weeks later...
Ah, yeah, that might be because it's using the modinfo file for the mod name rather than the mod folder's name. Never mind, at least you got it working.

As regards getting updated officially, I've emailed the relevant people with the link so it should get sorted soon enough.

I registered just to say that this did help, thanks guys. Hopefully it will help others too.

I was going mad, terror mission in Dhaka and kept crashing when loading ground combat (gets to about 20%load, then freezes - latest X:CE version from Steam, no additional mods other than what is included in the CE).

As with sososo980 I had to move the original FTD mod folder somewhere else, and then replace with the new one - works fine now (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zybf2mclztot7kr/ftd.zip?dl=0)

• 5 months later...

There also seems to be a problem with the assault lander timings:

RiceMuncher

03-28-2015 at 12:07

Lol assault lander arrives at December. Send two foxtrots+ condor , all die.

Unloads onto my 14man + vechile base.

3x plasma cannons + loads of leaders

Lose base. End game.

Worst balance ever. That assault lander is bull***

SnakeTheFox

04-15-2015 at 11:15

Yeah, seriously, I'm in early January and there is literally nothing available at this point to fight off that unfair assault lander Chewed through 2 foxtrots followed by 3 condors, all of which got their plasma torps/missiles on target. It's total bull***.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2

Big Z

"I'm running into a strange issue where I'm consistently getting Assault Carrier-led Base Attack and Terror missions at around the 200 ticker mark. I've confirmed that the ticker hasn't erroneously risen somehow (Corvettes barely show up two weeks before the Assault Carrier party starts) and the AM files state their correct 425+ values."

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11009-FTD-Mod/page16