[v1.51 Stable] Shots going through walls

I am noticing this pretty frequently. Aliens shots seem to be doing funky things sometimes.

One instance sticks out clearly in my mind, I had an alien shoot a plasma rifle at a soldier taking cover on a corner. The shot missed him but deviated, seeming to phase through two walls and kill the soldier standing behind him, even though the angle would be impossible. Afterward I checked with two of my remaining soldiers in the correct positions and it said 100% shot blocked. Unfortunately I didn't get a savegame of it.

Anyone else noticing things like this?

Yes actually Chris, every shot I seem to recall doing something weird has been a miss shot...

One time, I had one of my soldiers miss and hit a friendly standing right beside him lol. Like, directly in the square left of him, perpendicular to the angle of fire, it was kind of bizarre.

I'll be playing again today, if I can get a savegame of any odd behavior of miss bullets I will post it here.

EDIT: Here we go, I just had a machinegunner hit a man crouching in front of him. Check the save, Donald just hit Viktor in the back with a bullet, even though Viktor was crouched in front of him.

[ATTACH]6099[/ATTACH]

I know it isn't a shot going through a wall, but it's behavior that shouldn't be happening correct? Is this indicative of a bug in the miss calculation system?

Deviation.sav

Deviation.sav

Edited by legit1337

Hmm, it's a bit strange - I can't reproduce this at my end. I've fired off a good 200 shots at friendlies, aliens and inanimate objects using that soldier and he's not hit the guy in front of him at all....indeed, none of the shots have acted at all strangely.

It's a bit weird really. I take it you're still experiencing this in V1.53?

Occasionally yes.

I saved right after Donald hit Viktor in the back, you can see that he turned around and had taken some damage, the cover in front of him being destroyed.

Not sure what caused it, and I like you have not been able to reproduce it. But some really weird shot behavior keeps happening, I'll post more saves in this thread if I find anything else.