Getting massive slowdown in the ground combat while using sentinel armors

ik1ne

Version: XCE 0.31 HF1

After some certain point of time, it takes too long time to load and getting massive slowdown during ground combat.

Slowdown occurs when I move soldier or change their LOS.

I think this was caused by multiple sentinel armors, because this slowdown does not happen when I unequip all the sentinel armor.

Do anybody have some clues or tips about this slowdown I'm experincing?

savefiles included

1. b.sav(geoscape, equipped every soldier except heavy with sentinel armor. Also has a crashsite, which means you can just send a dropship to create new map.)

2. Quicksave.sav(ground combat, movement or LOS change of every soldier causes massive slowdown.)

p.s. I've already tried section 6 in Common Bugs & Fixes in Xenonauts!, but it doesn't seem to solve this issue.

p.p.s. While uploading savefiles, I realized that file size of my quicksave is 2.6 MB, which is severely large. Maybe is this the problem of using sentinel armors with valkyrie drop boat?

b.sav

Quic.sav

b.sav

Quic.sav

b.sav

Quic.sav

LOS calculations in the game seem fairly heavy and sentinels make it worse. You can get an even worse slowdown by giving your soldiers extreme sight ranges by modding armor files. It helps to have a powerful CPU, though, so I don't really get much slowdown in regular gameplay even with multiple sentinels on the field.

Edited by Leiska

Okay, another weird experinces.

I launched Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe instead of Xenonauts.exe to check if I can get more infos using debugger.

But suddenly, the fps drop is completely gone as gc_editor launched!

That's weird. Xenonauts.exe with lowest resolution(1024*768) has severe lagging, but Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe with highest resolution(2560*1440) has not a single frame drop.