Adding ammunitions

MortuusSum

Hey folks. For lack of something to do, I'm messing around with xenonauts mods, and as far as I can tell things aren't working the way they should. Adding a new ammo to the game should involve a new entry in ammos.xml and items.xml, as well as a modified entry in weapons.xml and weapons_gc.xml for the weapon using the ammunition, right? And then strings.xml and a modinfo.xml, obviously. I wanted to try making the ak47 use a different ammunition from the default ballistic rifle, and I created/altered entries for the files I mentioned above (and I'm fairly certain I did it correctly, although my proficiency with the modular mod system is suspect), but whenever I try to test the mod, I get a CTD upon entering the soldier equip menu. The mod logfile indicated that there was an error merging the info from my ammos.xml file, but for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Anyway, any pointers you could offer would be much appreciated. Please find enclosed my helpless flailings.

[ATTACH]6069[/ATTACH]

Flailings.jaypeg.zip

Flailings.jaypeg.zip

I do use notepad++. I don't really know what you mean about weapons.xml and items.xml being strange. Are you referring to the fact that they're xml spreadsheets?

EDIT: Now that I'm not posting on my way out the door, I've realised how terribly written my OP is. Essentially, I wanted to say: I'm fairly certain the problem is coming from ammos.xml, and I can't figure out why it's not working. If anyone can, that would be very much appreciated.

Edited by MortuusSum

I *think* the issue isn't anything that you've done but a slight issue with the base ammo file which makes it not work very well with the mod tools. That is, the top-level element also has a property (xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance") which screws with loading of the insert.

Looking back at my Extended Armouries mod, it looks like you should be able to fix this simply by adding MODMERGE="update" to the top element so it will look like this:

<Ammos MODMERGE="update" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

So that might be worth a try?