Chain of command request

kazek

Hello,

I'd like to ask You for a feature, that some misses and some hates. I'm talking about limiting number of high ranked soldier like in classic UFO.

It is something i really miss in Xenonauts. This topic was brought many times durring development, but it was rejected, beacuse the ranks system is only an indicator of how developed is soldier. But on the other hand i found in config files morale bost for all soldiers (within ranga or just for presence) from each rank (and morale drop for death). I'd like to creeate a small mod modifying some files to change game experience to more war-like. I'm going to increase dropship soldier capacity (and aliens crew too for balance's sake) and reduce it's range so that multiple strike teams in many bases would be necceccery(not just an A team flying around the earth). Something like real military hiererchy would be inevitable in this kind of mod.

I know that many people don't like this system and prefer internal Xenonauts ranks (based on experience) but i'm sure some would enjoy this as an optional feature.

• 1 month later...
I'm going to increase dropship soldier capacity (and aliens crew too for balance's sake) and reduce it's range so that multiple strike teams in many bases would be necceccery(not just an A team flying around the earth).

I did something like this in my mod and it works well IMO, so GL ))

regarding the ranks I'm afraid this thing cannot be changed via config files. You either have to code yourself or ask Kabill in his code thread to implement the feature