[X:CE v0.32] After Alien Invasion (v 0.3)

FiesesAlien

AFTER ALIEN INVASION

The End starts now

Version 3.7 for X:CE 0.32

As the first radarblips where on the screen everyone thought that must be a new years prank... Because back in 1979 to 1986, a 7 year long war was fought against Alien-Invaders and they lost. So we though. Prophets told us "End is near!" and as usual we all ignore them. But, theyre right. The Invasion starts now - But this time the Xenonauts are way better prepared then before. They know thats this is the final battle.

"There are two possibilitys: Either we all keep fighting against each other and loose our ultimate battle - or we unite and fight as one."

backgroundrwoyz.png

Current Version: 3.7

[Download(s) & Updates]

AAI Version 3.7 (MediaFire Download)

AAI Update from v3.6 to v3.7 (MediaFire Download)

Outdated Files & Updates

AAI Version 3.6 (MediaFire Download)

AAI Update from v2.6 to v3.6 (MediaFire Download)

Hello fellow Xenonauts-Fans!

Thx to some people ill startet modding again and this time ive chosen Xenonauts as my Game, because X-Com Games are my All-Time-Favorite! So lets rock on:

"What is this Modification?"

After Alien Invasion [Or short AAI] is and will be a complete Overhaul of the Vanilla-Game to start at the Point where the real Alien Invasion kicks in, right at the End of Year 2012.

"Very Special THX!"

I want to thank "Khall" for let me merge his Mod "Khall's More Portraits" into After Alien Invasion! Otherwise his mod would sadly not be compatible with AAI. THX!

"What will the Mod provide?"

Everything other overhaul-Mods do: Weapons, Armors, Bathrooms and much much more. Yeah, its more likely the same BUT: In the modern timeline. That means: Modern Warfare Stuff like high efficient Weapons, Gadgets, special Armor and all that nice things the USM "FIST" will provide now in the real life. Oh, and the IDZ of Germany of course. Maybe other States also have a special Future Program but i cant name them all :)

Also the Difficulty from Easy to Insane should be significant higher then Vanilla what means that you, as player, need to focus completely on the game. Every mistake will probably snowball into unbeatable alien-forces (Or if youre good enough, just a higher challenge Insane provides)

"FIST / IDZ ?"

FIST stands for Future Infantry Soldier Technology.

IDZ stands for "Infanterist der Zukunft" [English: Infantry of the Future]

Two absolute real programs that feature all kind of special Armor, Weapons, Drones, Vehicles and more. And exactly that i will bring into the game, altering the start, mid and the endgame. At the moment i gather all Informations i can get but of course it will be hard because as a Civillian you will not be provided with much informations about those nifty Prototype-Weapons/Armors/Drones etc.

"What does the mod actually have?"

The Number .x are changes pure on a small scale (Numbers, here and there balancing/adjusting, Pictures etc.)

The Number x. are minor changes that brings in bigger things like new Weapons, Researches and stuff.

In Version 0.3 you have:

... changes in so many Variables that the game should already, even with the standard mid-late game, have a good amount of challenge. In simple words:

- Aliens shoot more

- Aliens are harder at the very first turn! So stay on your toe Commander!

- All Weapons (Aliens & Xenonauts) are now lower TU-Cost [Not all informations InGame! So dont trust them!]

- New Weapon-Skins in the Equipment Screen

- Also all Basic-Weapons are altered in theyr respective Values (Damage, Reload, Range etc.) [Mid/Late-Game Weapons are still untouched. I focus atm completely on the early game)

- Every Armor, from Basic to the highest has NightVision, so Night Missions are no problem anymore!

- You have 10M at your start, as the Month ends youll get 2M more! Use your money because Aliens wont hold back now!

- ALL Changes are in the TXT-File provided in the Zip-File :)

"Included Mods - Disable them in the Mod-Menu"

- Khall's More Portraits [THX To Khall!]

"How to install AAI?"

Step #01:

Download the Attachement provided in this thread

Step #02:

Head to [DRIVE]:\...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Xenonauts\assets\mods and put the Zip-File [aai_vX.X.zip] directly in here. Right click and say "unzip here"

Step #03:

You should see the Folder "aai" [Look into it, as soon you see config.xml and other files it did unzip perfectly. If not, cut all the files from the subfolder into the main-mod folder]

Step #04:

Start Xenonauts and press "Modding Tools" there you should see somewhere "After Alien Invasion", select it by clicking on it and then "Activate". Press Back and start the game :) Have fun ^^

"How to update AAI?"

Step #01:

Goe to the AAI-Folder and put the update in here.

Step #02:

Right click and say "unzip here..." and if you done right: It will ask you to overwrite the files and you need to press "Yes" in order to Update AAI.

Step #03:

Have a cookie and enjoy the game!

Discussions, Ideas and more pls here:

AAI Ideas, Wishes, Stuff, Dis

Edited by FiesesAlien

Tadaa!

I decided to play around with my mod and worked a bit on it. The following is now in 0.4:

- Ground Combat Weapons Pictures | Now the correct weapons are shown instead of vanilla-guns

- Weapon & Weapon-Research "Jackhammer" added | This is a fully automated combat shotgun and replaces the Spas 12. ATM its only for testing in the game and also i have problems put up a Xenopedia entry (whatever the problem is here...)

- All AAI-Standard Weapons have now altered Equipment-Screen Texts and the correct Weapon Names (F2000, Spas 12, M40A5 etc.)

- Fixed: Reload of Machinegun M60 should now work [Lowered the TU-Cost]

Yes, it is not much, but this is the first step for the big changes coming up next. Just wanted this update out for the Machine-Gun fix (kinda destroys the game if you cant reload... Well, at least it was annoying for me).

Hope you will enjoy it =) Stay crunchy!

Tadaa!

Now the first "big number" (1.x) took its place in the Version-Number, it is now Version 1.4! Yay! The following is now in 1.4:

- The Research "FIST - Phase One" which is aviable from start on

- New Weapon: The Pistol "HK45C"

- New Weapon: The MP "MPX"

- New Weapon: The Carbine "G36c"

- New Weapon: The Assault Rifle "CZ-805"

- New Weapon: The Sniper Rifle "CSLR4"

- Deleted Research: Jackhammer (it is now part of the FIST-Program)

- Added Pictures for all the Weapons

- Known Bug: Invisible Shield with the HK45C

The Weapons are not balanced and they have not much difference between them (So as the f2000 and the CZ-805) but i will work on it as soon i have time again.

Have fun with this Update! And i dont know if its savegame compatible.

Stay crunchy

Heyho!

Now the next small change walks in and put the small Number up! 1.5 is here and the following is in it:

- Changed the Weapon stats of F2000, CZ 805, G36, MPX, CSLR4 & MP40A5. Now there is a difference between Carbines, Assault-Rifles and PDWs.

- Changed Basic-Armor weight from 7 to 6 (Just for testing)

- File-Fix: Changed "Precision Rifle" to "MP40A5"

##### The Update "should" be savegame compatible #####

I already have plans for 2.5 which is coming after the weekend where i will have a lot of time for modding. Phase 2 will make it into the game and the Armors will also be changed.

Hotfixxed before anyone could download =)

Documented something in the weapons.xml within brackets, that killed the game continousely :D (okay, was not funny. Searched nearly a halve hour for that... grrr). Also i put quick the first Xenopedia-Entry for Phase 1 (only a test-entry) into the Update 1.5.

Now! Stay crunchy.

Heyho!

I updated the game to 2.5 and following made it into the mod (Not Savegame compatible):

- Added Phase 1 & 2 Xenopedia Entrys

- Added Phase 2 (1 Marksman Rifle, 1 MG-Upgrade and Prototype-Exosuit)

- Changed Frag Grenades to explode when thrown

- Merged the Mod "Khall's More Portraits" into AAI (Have his permission. THX Khall!)

- Changed cost of Laser-Weapons firing TU

All changes are found in 'change_documentation.txt'

Now the Zip-File is too big to upload it as attachement, so i uploaded it on mediafire instead. Have fun!

t6hank alot....seems a good mod :) start playing it ^^

Hey!

I hope you have fun :)

@New small Update - 2.6 and that's in:

- Sadly i had to upload the whole file. Had a problem to merge Khalls More Pictures. Somekind i got that messed up. Fixed it :)

- Fixed Invisible Shield with the HK45C

- Fixed PESA1-Armor with all Weapons now

- Changed the Build-Time of the PESA1-Armor from 1 Day to 12 now. The 1 Day was for testing, forgot to switch it back :)

I should call me Fix it Felix Junior! Have fun Xenonauts!

• 2 weeks later...

Heyho!

A new Update with Phase 3 of the FIST-Technology is here! In 2 different Files! A Update-File (Smaller) and a Mod-File (Contains everything). Use whatever you need, if you already played 2.6 then you should just take the Update-File :)

Changes:

- Tier 3 (FIST Phase Three) of the Early Game is now in it which brings a bunch of Weapon(upgrade)s.

1 Pistol, 1 PDW, 1 Carbine, 1 Assault Rifle, 1 Marksman Rifle and 1 Sniper Rifle.

This is the last FIST-Tech for all the Standard-Weapons.

All Weapons should be balanced out but contact me if you feel if something is too overpowered or underpowered.

Stay crunchy!

Heyho!

A new small update is here: 3.6 to 3.7 (also aviable as full download)! Sadly i cant say if its savegame compatible, use old savegames at your own risk. Just make a backup and try it. Since i changed only Title-Screen and Numbers it should be compatible to v3.6.

Changes:

- Added a Title-Screen Background

- Changed various Numbers for all kind of Aliens and Alien-Events (Terror, Bombing etc.)

- Aliens are now more threatening and nearly all events occur slightly earlyer in the Game. Report back if its too hard.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...