X:CE 0.32 Release Candidate

llunak

recently I saw a sudden building collapse after I shoot in a completely different direction. Happened 3 times, was shooting with rifles, never seen this before, could not reproduce when tried it again. The last map was one of the standard Skitso's farms. Can only give screenshots after collapse to illustrate

I am presently experiencing a game where an seems to have endless TUs. It managed to shoot off 6 burst shots and 3-4 aimed shots at my squad, then ran past us. Something usually reserved for Reapers. Anyone notice that happening after 1.57?

Soldier with assault riffle has machete in hand.

XCE 0.32 + XNT 6.0 + some other minor mods (including faces and icons etc...)

Soldier name: Arhun dhital in unasigned

save here

I suspect this is a problem with XNT rather than with XCE, since the machete isn't a weapon found in the base game. So it might be worth posting that over in the XNT thread instead.

I am presently experiencing a game where an seems to have endless TUs. It managed to shoot off 6 burst shots and 3-4 aimed shots at my squad, then ran past us. Something usually reserved for Reapers. Anyone notice that happening after 1.57?

Have played with RC2 for a while now and haven't seen anything like this.

recently I saw a sudden building collapse after I shoot in a completely different direction. Happened 3 times, was shooting with rifles, never seen this before, could not reproduce when tried it again. The last map was one of the standard Skitso's farms. Can only give screenshots after collapse to illustrate

Sounds like this might be related to whatever was up with missed shots not working properly. This is, hopefully, fixed in vanilla and I assume the fix will be imported to XCE if successful.

One of my units have endless TU also, thats basically what happened to the aliens sometimes too. I have the game saved where it happened.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/35238970171519298/2086677A02F0C10606F30615BADFC37280B3C6DD/

In my current game it freezes up when I am entering a Terror mission on Quito. It loads abut 20% of the mission, then stalls forever on the load screen.

Edited by pistolhamster

One of my units have endless TU also, thats basically what happened to the aliens sometimes too. I have the game saved where it happened.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/35238970171519298/2086677A02F0C10606F30615BADFC37280B3C6DD/

In my current game it freezes up when I am entering a Terror mission on Quito. It loads abut 20% of the mission, then stalls forever on the load screen.

That's very strange. Are you running any other mods or is it just XCE?

Regarding the terror mission, are you using the TFD mod that packages with XCE? If so, that will be the cause. if you download and install the latest version from here - http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2 - that should sort the issue.

Soldier with assault riffle has machete in hand.

XCE 0.32 + XNT 6.0 + some other minor mods (including faces and icons etc...)

Soldier name: Arhun dhital in unasigned

save here

Hello,

You have found a secret easter egg included by Theon Greyjoy exclusive for XNT. There is a anagram on the nationality and the name of this weapon.

Thank you for playing XNT

That's very strange. Are you running any other mods or is it just XCE?

Regarding the terror mission, are you using the TFD mod that packages with XCE? If so, that will be the cause. if you download and install the latest version from here - http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2 - that should sort the issue.

Kabill, I am running all mods included with X:CE - none other than that. I have a save from it. When I turned off the mods it fixed itself actually for that particular mission at least.

The tip for the Furies mod helped, thanks.

Screenshots are probably not enough to reproduce. End turn autosave could do.

... and one more question, wounds inflict damage at the start of the turn, yet I remember something about moving this to the ned of the turn to allow healing... wasn't this implemented in XCE?

That is a vanilla 1.5x feature and I haven't merged in commit, because I didn't like how it worked (and frankly, I see no big deal with how bleeding works in X:CE).

Game CTD constantly in ground combat. Either during alien turn or when I shoot an alien. I can only play 1 or 2 turns without crash while the old .exe seems to work fine. As I needed to leave to work, I didn't have much time to investigate the situation, but can anyone confirm this?

Did the last update alter some vital files other than the executables that could cause these constant crashes that are not happening on RC 2 .exe, or has some of my own stuff broken the game?

Edited by Skitso

Just tried the new version myself and am getting issues too:

1) On an existing game, get a CTD immediately after the deployment phase on an alien base attack (but that could be some same incompatibility I guess).

2) On a new game, got a freeze immediately after a psionic attack against one of my soldiers.

Can provide saves if necessary but I suspect just loading up any GC mission should be sufficient.

not that I see why that should matter, given it's a whole archive and a mod.

Hehe, you wouldn't want to see my frankestein of install directory that's spliced over and over again for at least 6 months without a clean reinstall and a bunch of oldschool mods mixing things even further. :D

Edited by Skitso