[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

I haven't played your mod yet. I just know that the range is way too big in XNT 6 mod and imho it's just right in AND_GREAT's Xenophobia mod.

I installed that mod only ones and i think same as TD and other XNT users.. its a chaos mod with weapons which got no reasons to use and very bad art... two handed swords and middleage shields.. its worse then my english..

I installed that mod only ones and i think same as TD and other XNT users.. its a chaos mod with weapons which got no reasons to use and very bad art... two handed swords and middleage shields.. its worse then my english..

I am not talking about quality of artwork or whether all of the weapons are useful, only about balance. XNT 6 mod is not balanced at all while AND_GREAT's Xenophobia has at least some level of balance. XNT mod is like a shooter game where no matter what you do, enemy kills you on the spot Man of Doge will disagree with me...].

Edited by hakimio

I am not talking about quality of artwork or whether all of the weapons are useful, only about balance. XNT 6 mod is not balanced at all while AND_GREAT's Xenophobia has at least some level of balance. XNT mod is like a shooter game where no matter what you do, enemy kills you on the spot Man of Doge will disagree with me...].

I finished XNT 5.1 and 6.0... maybe you are right about 5.1 but XNT 6 was very easy.. I saw Great's videos which one shot weapons to kill aliens.. you want an easy ride, oki..

Heyho.

@hakimio

ATM i think the mod is okay-balanced, i mean i know how to shoot mg/smg or assault-rifles in real-life because iam trained to, and the fact that a mg-naut now can shoot 2 - 3 salvos is way better than Vanilla where you can move or shoot, and if you shoot, only 1 salvo. Thats ridicolus (is it right spelled?).

But yes, the grenades throw distance is very far BUT!-> We have a lot of Guys in the Unit that can throw grenades more then 60 Metres (not to mention some of them just explodes in the air). What the aliens do is pretty normal. Just the actual "explosion range" of the gas is pretty huge (kinda unfair sometimes, but not if your own grenades have that range too!)

I have truly some issues with the modification as i find some of the things happening there are pretty 'unrealistic' or even 'unnessecary' (right spelled? please inform me), like a Sniper is blocked of easy shots with here and then 30 - 50% blocks through terrain. Even if they have the advantage of a high spot (but its the vanilla-thing, not the mod-thing). Also that a sniper misses so often while sitting still for about 3 rounds.

That brings in a Idea:

- How about a scriptet event that gives EVERYONE for each round, not moved, a 'X %'-Bonus on Hits? After a shot it should be resettet. Or even make it that, if you are in cover that you automaticly get a 10 - 20 % Bonus on Hits, i mean, in real life i use cover (used! iam not in the army anymore) to bolster up my weapon to take clear shots (not when in under fire or of course, giving fire support).

Some Ideas i came up while writing:

- Make Grenades more deadly, for both sides. I mean, a unarmored target, hit by a grenade is 90 - 100% dead.

- Lower the Gas-Grenade to a 3x3/5x5-Radius and make it instant-knockout for every unarmed target (useless in mid/late game, but gives the aliens a huge threat!) Aliens had enough time to prepare for war.

- If you can, look into the morale-system. As a special unit they get way to often unnerved and/or paniking

As i dig deeper into this (actually good) modification i will try to test the s**t out of it :) in any positive meanings :) I have a LOT of fun! THX!

Stay crunchy.

FiesesAlien:

Sniper got already that kind of script. If they move and try to shot, it will have penalty but at beginning of turn if u use it before move, ur aim goes much higher.. ofcourse it depends on weapon and soldier stats.. Give your soldiers some time to get more acc.. after middle game snipers dont miss easily..

I dont like to use insta-kill weapons at beginning of the game.. i want to give ppl a surviving chance.. for now an alien grenade harms a soldier near dead and bleeding..

About gas radius, you are right, i will balance it..

Grenade throwing range depends on some different things.. i will look it up too.. but i dont think there is a range difference between we and them..

No ammo for srun emp pistol am I misaing a tech for this or is this a hotfix issue. Alao can you add the neteon grenade? Last question what about animations for soliders qhen they pixk up alien weapons right now they shhot but have empty hands

Umm.. stun pistol ammo missing? checking... omg.. ur right.. its hotfix issue.. important one..

Neutron grenade is alien grenade..

To make alien weapons visible is very long progress.. very simple but very annoying boring long..

One question. My drop-ship got shot down and received a popup that the soldiers got rescued. Went to the base screen and there were + signs where the soldiers were and the dropship was in the hanger. I sent more soldiers from the barracks over to the duty area but they would not appear for a few days. I don't get whats going on. Thanks for the hard work on the mod.

Edited by Flyingsub

Played some more today and I discovered the stun shotgun and the fast pistol research. They're extremely expensive, so only going to make one of each just to try them out. Seriously, its like 100000$. This shotgun better be worth my money. :D

Also, I unlocked these:

Sweet_Ass_Guns.png

Aw yeah!!! Not only I love the idea of a huge armor piercing cannon, but it also looks really cool. I think its a bit underpowered though. I also think it could look cooler with a bright yellow projectile and small yellow bright explosion gfx.

Here I cornered the last room in a corvette with two dudes in blue carrying those cannons ready to fire as soon as the door opens:

Cornered.png

Btw, the submachine gun is really cool too. Burns through ammo really fast, but very satisfying to use and its also one handed, so I can use it with a shield or have my grenade TU cost halved.

Speaking of grenades, the smoke from the electron grenades is a really cool addition, I'm not sure if it does damage if someone passes through it, but it looks very pretty.

I also wanted to mention that I really like what you did with how the weapons work and how powerful grenades are.

In vanilla, you could only fire one or two shots per soldier with an assault rifle, but here I can use burst fire and actually run out of ammo. This change you made is really nice, makes the combat feel more satisfying and more bullets get thrown around. I also like how powerful bullets and grenades are, where you need to use more to kill something and also more to get killed.

While aliens throw lots of grenades very freely, atleast the first one usually won't kill you. Same for bullets. In XNT, I could walk out of the dropship, then suddenly a bullet comes out of nowhere and instantly kills my dude. Your way is much better and more fun in my opinion.

Finally, the ufo disassembly mechanic is really welcome too, because with all these new guns and stuff you need more money and these things make fighting a ufo manually more rewarding.

One suggestion I'd like to make is to make the flashbang grenades cost less TU to throw. Usually I can just throw an electron grenade to make the aliens suppressed, so unless they're cheaper to throw, I'm probably never using flash bangs or advanced flash bangs at all.

I finally encountered a landing ship, so now things start to get bigger and more epic. :D

Edited by Reactorcore

I don't enough to time to playtest X-Division and write for it at the same time. How do the SPEAR guns feel, look, and sound when you fire them? Do they feel/sound like big, heavy hitting ammo smashing into targets? Do they feel/sound like penetrating things that cut through your targets?

Thanks.

Edited by NuclearStudent

I don't enough to time to playtest X-Division and write for it at the same time. How do the SPEAR guns feel, look, and sound when you fire them? Do they feel/sound like big, heavy hitting ammo smashing into targets? Do they feel/sound like penetrating things that cut through your targets?

Thanks.

I don't really get the feeling that they are armor piercing when I fire them. The projectiles they use are similar to the one used by nextgen ballistics, so to me, using SPEAR weapons is just like an upgrade in power.

To make them feel more piercing, I would suggest a yellow, thin, bright projectile gfx. Make it glow too.

Then add a more "sharper" firing sound, that is more quicker, more high-pitched, if that makes sense to you?

Meanwhile the cannon could use a large, yellow fat projectile that glows and causes a bright tiny explosion when it hits something. I'd also upgrade its damage and make the rapid-fire sound be more unique, beefier and louder.

I can't write long now I am on duty.

Armour Penetration weapons got lower damage but bypass aliens resistances. If the alien got no resistance or no resistance left, ap weapons will make lower damage.

So for example alien got 30 resistance to ballistic and ur weapons does 40 dmg and ap weapon does 30 dmg and got 25 mitigation. So when u fire normal weapon it will make 10 dmg. But if u use ap weapon u do 25 dmg. If there were no resistance, ur normal weapon would do 40 dmg and ap weapon just 30..

So your damage will be different to every race. För Ceasen I prefer next gen ballistic but for sebilian I use spear.. for Andron first fire with next gen then continue with spear..

For this reason ap weapon can be weak some situations even they are better tech. Don't forget that these weapons are still basic tech. Don't expect them overkill aliens.. when u got special tier 2 weapons u will see the difference..

special weapons are more powerful with little armour Penetration. They got more damage outputs then tier weapons. Got some special stats.. they are more expensive for this reason.. special weapons are mostly different damage type too. För example at advanced tech u got laser tiers but ur special weapon will be mostly power full ballistics. .

Cosmetic additions like bullet effects and sound will be revisited after mods every aspect finished. But I am getting notes about your ideas..

Nuclear as spear weapons they are sharp bullets which Penetrates enemy armour and make very little expexplosion in body.

Edited by drages

Thanks, thats useful to know, since this information is not found in the weapon descriptions themselves. I should go re-equip some of those nextgen ballistics now : P

By the way, has this bug been fixed in the latest version?:

Clicking on Enriched Alien Alloy in workshop causes a crash.

I just unlocked it, but I can't get to it because of crash. : X

Thanks, thats useful to know, since this information is not found in the weapon descriptions themselves. I should go re-equip some of those nextgen ballistics now : P

By the way, has this bug been fixed in the latest version?:

Clicking on Enriched Alien Alloy in workshop causes a crash.

I just unlocked it, but I can't get to it because of crash. : X

Real? It's a very important problem. I will look for it.. probably a lame coding problem..

This is a game mechanism info. I will ad this to somewhere and the tips but didn't find time yet.

Real? It's a very important problem. I will look for it.. probably a lame coding problem..

This is a game mechanism info. I will ad this to somewhere and the tips but didn't find time yet.

Inside Manufactures.xml:

<Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.AlienAlloysEnrichment</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">SoldierWeapons</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">40</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">50000</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">10xItems.Alienalloys;2xItems.Alenium,1xItems.AlienReactor</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="8"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "Items.EnrAlienAlloy" );StockItem( "Items.EnrAlienAlloy" );StockItem( "Items.EnrAlienAlloy")</Data></Cell>

</Row>

I think here may be the problem:

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">10xItems.Alienalloys;2xItems.Alenium,1xItems.AlienReactor</Data></Cell>

Closer...

2xItems.Alenium,1xItems.AlienReactor

See that in the middle?

That's supposed to be a ; and not , ?

EDIT: I also noticed a bit lower that there is a thing called Enriched Alenium, and it also has the same issue.

EDIT2: I just loaded up the game to test it and yes! It works!

Now I can continue playing the older version of the game a little longer, lol. :D

Edited by Reactorcore