[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

XNT Nextgen

X - Division

Send the Condors!

Ver.0.97.1 for 1.09 and 0.31 CE

357420e4-29bb-4abd-979a-aa72008341f8_zpsfe14e001.jpg

When the invasion began, the world was at cold war. They didn't trust each other.. They wanted to defend themselves alone. Many great soldiers didn't want to betray their own countries too. But few valunteers and some resources saw the danger in near future and created a division named X.. they were not the best, they didnt have the hidden cold war technologies but they got faith in their souls. And some warriors, scientist and workers gave their life for their future.. In time, the world will see what they are against but they will be to late.. X - Division was the final hope..

0.97.1 with Hotfix 7 is ready to dowload...!

XNT Nextgen "X-Division" is the offical XNT remake. There is no planned update for XNT 6.0 from offical team and this mod is not XNT 7.0. Only some of materials used in this mod.

So this is the story of this few heroes legendary war. And the reason why that soldiers are not the best at all..

Main Modder: Drages

AI Advisor: Sentelin

Helper/Tester: asierus24

Tester: Blackwolf, Reactorcore

Support: Max Cain, Kabill

I want to say hello for all xenonauts fans. This is my expansion pack sized overhaul mods first version. This mod is my first and last mod in my life. I was 12 years old when i meet x-com and from that day i am still playing it and all the versions.. My english is no so good, so sry for it..

One of the best overhaul mods of this game "XNT" gave me the courage to make my own mod and after XNT team sadly stoped for some reasons, the mod leader Tactical Dragon gave me all rights about it.. I started to work on XNT and after i figure out the basics i start my own. I hope this mod will be next generation XNT mod.. But this mod is a total new mod with few XNT materials in it.

This mod has no joke. Everything has a purpose. Weapons, armours, enemies... You need everything to survive.. Ignoring something like "i don't like to use vehicles" or " shields are useless, i can fight without them", will make your life much more harder.. because i said those things to myself when i play vanilla and XNT and i try to figure out how to make all aspects useful..

Xenonauts had no name as a special ops at vanilla game. As an navy officer at my country, this is unacceptable for a military unit who fights against a serious enemy. For this reason, i wanted to create a flag, a family, a force to fight together against a thread, as X-Com created 20 years ago.. I hate to copy something already used so i created "X-Division".. Made an emblem for it and put everywhere at game. Now you have an ID... live with it, die for it..

X-Division is totally playable mod with ver 0.97. There will be a testing/bug fixing and balancing period until 1.0 and if something detected by you, it will be handled very soon with a hotfix. XNT xeomorphs, more alien ranks and new ufos including dreadnought will be planned for next versions.

All new weapons art taken from countless web sources, searched for days and the best edited at Photoshop to use at game. New weapons get unique particles-explosions. Few of them taken from here as visual mods but sadly most of old visual editors are no longer here and i couldn't get any answers to my pms..

DON'T forget to check the HOTFIX's i will put here.. because of this mod is nearly about 1 GB, i try to handle things with hotfixes...

biologicalweaponsadv.png enraaweapons.png research_background4.jpg

2014_12_25_00004.jpg aleniumcannon.png fusionhvy.png saviourtank.png

2015_01_03_00003.jpg

I wont write here every % modifications because there are millions.. everything changed,edited,re-balanced. Just play the mod and enjoy surprises.

Let the numbers talk (This time i count):

------------------------

- After XNT 6.0, the team stoped the project for some RL reason. Thanks to that team and Tactical Dragon, they did some great things. I bring the flag and worked nearly non-stop for months and i continiue..

- 64 New Xenonauts weapons with many purposes.. including Armour Penetrating Ballistics, Focused Blue lasers, wave weapons, gauss weapons, multi rocket launchers, chemical weapons, different flamethrowers, heavy hand guns, cannons, heavy chain guns, reaction smg-snipers and more unique ones..

- Weapon Tiers are not ballistic-laser-plasma-mags anymore. Tiers are now "Basic-Advanced-High-Ultimate". Still laser-plasma-mags are the main weapon branchs for the tiers. Weapon researchs are mostly linked now, you cant jump to next one before you get earlier one. Every tier got "2" main weapon branch as one is heavily armour destroying and 2. one is about armour penetrating (high mitiration). Other weapons at tier are not a branch but mostly updated ones earlier tier version.. Nearly all new researchs give you a new weapon or more..

- 10 New Grenades chemical grenade branch, more powerful smoke-flash-emp-suppression grenades with time..

- 4 New heavy explosives with powerful ufo wall-door destroying abilities with very highly alien destroying potansiel..

- 7 New Rocket for launchers to save the day..

- 3 New Shields to save your soldiers from much more deadly alien fire, 1 updated button to kick a poor alien..

- 2 New Vehicle, one for scout and one for scimitar. Defender and Savior.. much more durable, heavy armored and can use more powerful weapons.

- 7 New Vehicle Weapon. Cannon Shells added to game with 7 different type. Default vehicle weapons changed to burst type.

- 4 New armours. Fox, Direwolf, Warder and Ripper. They all have special purposes, different sprites and pictures. (thx to Kabill)

- 30 New Alien weapons with all damage types not only energy plasmas. Heavy ballistics to deadly chemicals, long range energy cannons to stun weapons.. different purpose grenades too..

- All alien races got weak and strong points and this will effect your GC victories big time. A Ground combat can be a piece of cake or hell depends on what weapons you have.. Some aliens will have many resisted to some damage types and vulnerable to others. If you cant handle a situation, don't hesitate to use heavy explosives.. heavy explosives don't care any resistance..

- About 150 New researches,manufacture and ufopedia entries with their own art.. not good writing because my English is not good as i said.

- New 3 more resource to make new items.. hard to create, fast to use.. careful when u use alenium, alien allows...

- New 3 heavy bomber plane added as heavy torpedo carriers. Now only these planes carry torpedoes. Vanilla planes updated for this reason.

- New 2 light torpedo carrier. Cheap, easy to make but fragile and low manuever abilities.. just to give time until you get bigger ones.

- New 1 Interceptor for end game..

- New AWASC plane. To check the skies at early game.

- New 2 missile and 2 torpedo added. Singularity torpedo is now a heavy torpedo and we got new super weapon.

- New 4 cannon for airplanes. Long range, hard hitting, low angle..

- New 2 Ufo; Dreadnought and Assaultlander from "Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My" is in the game.

- New 8 Xenomorph as ultimate melee enemies from XNT with their sneaky AI and better stats. No eggs!

- New 2 Reaper, hard to kill but cant zombify.

- Fire in Hole! is now in X-Division! but without charges.. use high explosives!

- A new micromanagement system for aircrafts and their weapons. Now you will get nearly all parts of ufo after disassemble and u will use them to manufacture your aircrafts and weapons.

- Endgame needs Dreadnought core.. i want to see your planes falling from the skies!!!

- The game is more slower to give you time for researches. All researches are 2/3 time needed, some more are automatic. But you will need still many laborers..

- New effects, bullets, explosions, gases including static fields to feel your and aliens weapons. Unique sounds will be added soon.

- Updated game arts.. X everywhere!!! feel your division!!

- Ultimate and hard XNT AI, they are smarter, act different per race, stats are resistances are diferent per race. With time, the game will be harder and much more serious.. be prepared..

- Kabill's Dynamic Ufo Spawns and crews, as its best..

- SADLY.. giving shield to aliens was one of the my lovly project but game is reacting different.. i mean it works, then it works as half, then it stop works.. sometimes aliens dont have their shield but weapons.. sometime only some have weapons.. realy i didnt understand what cousing this.. if i figure out, i will add this for sure.. but not for now.. pfff...

Special thx too:

-----------------

- All XNT Crew - Tactical Dragon and others for earlier versions and all effort!

- Max Caine and Kabill - unlimited patience to my noobish questions

- "Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My" thx for skaianDestiny and others..

- Thanks for aircraft arts to haryopanji from DA...

- Dynamic Ufo Spawn, Fire in the Hole!, Armours.. so many things from Kabill!

- Max Caine's fan art!

- Jsleezy and JBB armour arts!

- UfoTobby Laser weapons...

- For all projectile artists!

Missing Parts:

---------------

- Tooltips.. dont forget to check excel sheet for weapon stats at the mods directory...

- This is still testing needed.. its a huge mod and game sometimes react different even you dont change/edit anything.

- Please inform me if you encounter with any strange things about new weapons/research/manufacture/ufopedias with the info when u did encounter like after which research, at which manufacture, which weapon u dont see at ground combat.

- You will encounter blank ufopedias. They are for "single weapons", this wont make u lose anything. Any other researches got their ufopedias. For example u researched Armour Penetrating Weapons.. u will see 3 blank ufopedia for pistol,shotgun,rifle and 1 ufopedia with all together.. so u wont lose any special info.. but if you search a new weapon branch but see only blanks there is something missing.

0.97 INSTALL:

----------

- This MOD is made on game version 1.09 and CE 0.31. You dont need anything more installed.

- DOWNLOAD LINK (1.440 MB) for 0.97

Alternative Link

- USE MANUEL INSTALL. Extract the file to /assets/mods/ then activate at modding tool.. (DELETE the old xdivision directory at mods.)

- DO NOT USE any other NON-VISUAL (map mods and CE 0.31s default activated mods are ok), other mods can create problems.

- If you got old x-division installed already, i advise you to erase the old one before you put the new one. To be sure...

- If you see new main menu, its working..

- As i said, this mod has FTH Fire in the Hole!. Don't use it with this mod!

-You need to restart game if u played early versions.

-Dont forget to install updates/hotfixes too before start to game!

VER 0.97.1!!! - 18.1.2015

------------------------

- DOWNLOAD LINK

- Extract the file into the assets/mods directory/folder! Overwrite all files and see the 0.97.1 ver at moddig tools. (After you install 0.97)

- Kabill's dreadnought and assaultlander files integrated

- Pistol singleshot bug handled- shield/pistol sprites repaired.

- More torpedoes and allien alloy/alenium drop from dissemble cores.

- New 8 Xenomorphs and 2 Reaper added.

- All UFO crews reorganized for new creatures.

- This is save-friendly. (I hope, it should) You can continue from your ver 0.97 save.

WARNING:

-The Xenomorphs numbers can be much. Its not balanced/tested yet. Fire is the key. Bring at least 2 flamethrowers, tons of grenades and rockets.. after scouts at least..

-If you dont want to see any new xenomorphs, there is a folder in ufocontents named "old-ufocontents". You can take the files from this folder and paste inside "ufocontents".. you will have default xdivision crews without any new creatures.

HOTFIX -7- FOR 0.97.1 - 15.2.2015

----------------------------------------

-DOWNLOAD LINK[/i][/color]

- Alternative Link

-Extract this zip in to the assets/mods/xdivision and overwrite everything.

-0.97.1 Saves are ok to continue.

-NextGen ballistic weapons are now making fire damage. Research line-ufopedia info changed. This weapon will help you deal with melee reapers/xenomoprhs.

-Flamethrowers edited.

-Hunters 50 cal. gun is now making fire damage too with more accuracy.

-UFO crews rebalanced a bit more.. there should be lesser xenos but not so less..

-Xenomoprhs rebalanced. First ranks are easier to kill..

-Adv and Extreme Grenades repaired.

-Plasma missile repaired

-Xenocorpses dont crash anymore.

-Some financial balancing.

-Beginning and reacquiring soldier stats nerfed.

-A new drop added to non-GC ufos to manufacture their dissemble protocols.

-New Aircraft cannons will crash no more (now realy no more).

-Melee AI rewised (thx to Sentelin)

-Adv.Lab and Manufacture building now 25 workers rather then 15..

-Bull Reapers and Rhino reapers know easily be killed and kill you.. their numbers get much lower at bases.

-Still save friendly!

VERSION HISTORY

----------------

-0.97:

-------

- 2 New torpedo plane

- 1 New interceptor

- 4 Aircraft Cannon

- 3 Armour

- UFO's are breachable now with Fire in the Hole! mod

- More powerful vehicles

- More balance, more bug crash

- New visual updates

- Ultra cool main menu image

-0.95:

-------

- 3 New torpedo carrier plane added.

- 2 Missile and torpedo added.

- 2 Ufo added

- Geosphere totally overhauled.

- Ufo Loot micromanagement created.

- All other balancing-correcting..

-0.92:

-------

-Many missing parts/####/research lines/ufopedia blanks/bugs are handled.

-Research chains rebalanced.

-All BASE-UFO walls and gates heavily reinforced. Need heavy explosives to destroy/break them..

-2 new vehicle-7 vehicle weapons (cannon shells) added.

-FOX armour got much more explosive resistance

-New menu image yee...

USING THIS MODS MATERIALS AT OTHER MODS

------------------------------------------------------------

- I didnt create anything from nothing. I am an "editer". So i dont own anything mostly but i worked on them, gave my tons of time. I hate any copyrighting at mod comminity because we all to make our game better i belive.. so i saw at many games mod comminity this problems and for this reasons many good projects cant reach to a better state...

- So pming to me and putting some words like "taken from X-Divison mod thx to drages" would be enough for me to let u use my work here. Of course if you want to use something i already taken from somewhere like Kabills dynamic ufos or XNT AI, you should ask them..

- If you want to create something and u need some editing image works like particle, bullet etc.., u can ask.. if i can, i would like to help..

PLEASE share all your experience with this mod... easy, hard, nice, bad, i didnt like this weapon, i need that kind of weapon, this enemies kill me, those enemies die fast.. everything counts for maximum balance and enjoy!!!

Edited by drages

I have played it yesterday evening. XnT was much more easy. I play X-Devision on normal and had to use Handgranades, Smokegranades as well as Flashbangs in the first mission. I was perplexed.

But the Mod work with all X:CE-Alternatives in the Mod Folder as well as with the little Mod from Man of Doge.

Drages your Mod advance XnT very well. Thanks a lot for that. :)

If you can change the capacity so i think there are:

- 10 for the Chinhook (10 Soldiers or 1 Vehicle and 8 Soldiers)

But much more interessting are the Hit Points, because you have more transport capacity. The Chinhook is modified with Magnesium / Titan Armor, chanced Tranport Capacity and Fuel Tanks. So if you make more transport Capacity so you have to chance the Hit Points to 130 or max. 150.

Same to the Condor. In XnT Condor had 80 HP wit Magnesium / Titan Armor. I think 120 / 130 should be enough for the first Fighter because he is chanced in Armor, Fuel Cap etc. too.

I have played only a few minutes and much longer on the first mission because with my Standard Tactic I couldn´t make a count. I don´t have Vehicles at that point, so I have to wait for Alien Invasion Tech. :(

Chinook hp won't change anything. It can't fight with ufos, isn't it?

You can survive later.. don't lose ur hope.. is it that hard?

I will overhaul air combat later.

I want to add more soldier capacity because there will be many weapons to use and tougher enemies.

Hello,

All the text in my game is now #####, and I can't create base, tho i have the new main menu.

Can you be more precise on install steps.

I have tryed with the lastest X:CE 0.31HF, might it be the cause?

If i want to install with the modding tool, which exe should i use the one in xce or in the main folder.

Yea the Transporters can´t fight Ufos. But you can´t win against the Gravition Theory. The more mass the more Engine Power you need or less Armor. But you have a fix Point how many Soldiers you can carry (for all transports). So you can spezialisie only a little bit. I specialice normaly in Rifels, Heavy, Roketeers, Flammers, Shield, Shotguners, Snipers, Scouts and somtimes Special (for your Mod: Biological).

But you have a little bit to work on the Mod, so I can only make sugestions. But like I said, its a very good advance for XnT-Mod.

Hello,

Sorry it's me again, I don't know what happens.

I have the new effects weapons arts and those awesome projectiles thingy, but I have the exactly same research tree, armor/gun and plane as the vanilla, I don't know what i'am doing wong. I unzipped the mod into assets/mods/ and using the executable inside xce folder.

I don't understand maybe I'll go back to XNThellgate I can't get your mod to work :(

Hello,

Sorry it's me again, I don't know what happens.

I have the new effects weapons arts and those awesome projectiles thingy, but I have the exactly same research tree, armor/gun and plane as the vanilla, I don't know what i'am doing wong. I unzipped the mod into assets/mods/ and using the executable inside xce folder.

I don't understand maybe I'll go back to XNThellgate I can't get your mod to work :(

Dont panic.. we will help you.. New weapons wont be there at start.. you need to research them.. as a little test, after your first ground combat, did you get "alien grenade" research?

Dont panic.. we will help you.. New weapons wont be there at start.. you need to research them.. as a little test, after your first ground combat, did you get "alien grenade" research?

Hello,

No, I did'not.

After alien invasion resaerch I had : the scout car, and high speed interceptor which lead to the fox-trot, and no-where to be found my lovely : sui-to chebrasky.

No alien grenade either, I had the basic like alien plasma rifle/pistol and Alloys plasma research give me jackal and then improve combat suit wolf.

Do i need to install as prerequis XNT ?

No no.. this mod dont need anything.. then something override the researchs.. maybe your first fault (copy to CE) broken your install..

-Make a clean install from steam with 0.31CE..

-Extract the downloaded file in to the assets/mods

-Open the mod tools from launcher and disable all mods other then "CE"s and "Xdivision"..

-See the new menu screen

This should handle..