[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

you dont seem to follow, have played the game since it came out, played with most of the XNT mods

and yes, if you have the launcher, you should be able to change the weapons, but on mine, I only get the basic load out, when I click on the HARD point, cannon, I only get what is there, not what I have built, i have built 7 missle launchers, 1 trop launcher and 2 Lazer cannons, I show them in storage, if go to the transport screen, but from that base, I can not add them to my air craft

doing the same, with the AFV, I am able to change between the 30 cal MG and the P lazer, but none of the aircraft are letting me change any of the weapons

Hmm. Send me another save of your last position.. i think i understand u but it should not be happen.. so u say u cant change the aircraft weapon even u manufactured it.. its a huge problem and many ppl played/finished this version without this kind of problem..

Please send me a save and i will check it..

PROGRESS UPDATE:

-----------------------

Progress... what is progress mean.. what are we living for?

0.98 continues to mutate.. At every step i think i finish, brings to me another changes and additions. I am playing the game in my brain billions of time.. simulating situations.. i balance our weapons, then i need to balance aliens stats, after alien stats, i return and balance our weapons a bit more, then i go to alien weapons and balance them, then i need to balance the armour stats, after that i rebalance some weapons for the new armours, then i see something missing and add it, then i put it at research tree, manufactures, then i see stun weapons are weaker then they needed,i go for them.. and and and...

I am in front of an excel sheet for weeks.. the weapon-stat excel file in your mod directory now got every weapon in detailed, including grenades, gasses, alien weapons, me, you... i can see dead stats in it..

The 0.97 weapon stats are very very bad i know... yeah its more then you think.. after your feedbacks, i reorgized everything as i said before and when you see the big future, u can say "... what did i do..."... The mod works without problem but the idea "everything should have a purpose" is killed by lame rifles so i hate it.. You can say "just give us nerfed rifles and we will use other things".. sadly the big picture about balance is not easy as that..

Now snipers, cannons and rockets got a very huge chance to one shot an alien if its right weapon. Every weapon (not heavy machine/miniguns) got a damage output to kill an alien in one turn with hit shots.. As the holy balance, the aliens should have that chance too. I am against "one shot kill" to our soldiers with the armour of the moment of the game. The aliens do not reload, they dont care recoil (do they? i dont think so), they dont have "heavy weapon" option which gives u a penalty at acc if u move at that turn. So their damage output wont be same as u.. their cannons and snipers are weaker.. but snipers.. nıhaha.. end game alien snipers wont leave u alone at your sleeps!!...

Armour.. as much of u know this games resistances are getting lower with every hit they get.. there are some options for modders to use it.. A modder can erase this and can make all resistances stay same until end of mission.. its an easy way. You will know what damage you will take, and what damage u will hit.. but if u have wrong weapon, you will never kill an alien, an enemy with a weak weapon wont able to kill you too.. at 0.97 i think it was %25 with hotfix... if u take 100 damage and resisted all, your resistance get lower by 25.. at the next 100 damage hit u will get 25 damage because ur resistance is 75.. So with these math, you will see many resists at both sides at later game.. you can take tons of heavy weapon shots at a turn and resist all.. the smile of happiness would leave you after a harridans one shot sniper shot because i lost all your resists at your heroic attempt against alien heavy weapon fire.. At another scenario, u can take 1-2 sniper shots and stay alive with luck but you would lose nearly all armour and that soldiers should avoid all kind of fire until end of the mission.. This is the f**king balance i try to create.. if a weapon kills this order, the balance is over.. An armour or an early tech jump can do this too.. the game can be freaking easy or ultra hard... but its not so bad at all.. so this kind of moments can be created for non linear gameplay purposes as game continues.. but they should be in control..

At 0.97.1 our vehicles are tough.. after weapon balance i do, i will let the vehicle weapons at low damage.. they are not fire power, they are your tanks who saves lives.. and you are laughing when aliens shoot your hunter with stun weapons.. you wont able to do it now.. i added high emp damage to them.. nıhahaha...

After little numbers hell, the xenopedia pain will start.. i am so thankfull our lore/pedia writers.. realy they are the real soul givers to what i do.. i need many new xenopedia art to add.. 0.98 dont have a new main menu picture even!!!!! i am still thinking which i choose..

0.98 becomes newer and newer with every minute.. even i changed main logo a bit to make it more simpler.. classic X-Com logo was the best logo, very simple, very generic.. X-COM EU's logo is so pro too.. a logo should give u power to continue when u look at it..

So i wanted to share what happens at progress here with you.. dont leave me alone here.. i get inspired by u :)

Omg.. im starting to see Harridans... Harridans flying everywhere with one shot snipers, its a damm Nighmare :)

Shields and smoke grenades until your game crashes!!!

By the way.. my laptop monitor became a dead pixel pool.. probably i will send it to service before the guaranty finished.. it can happen any time.. this means about 1 month bye bye... we need to be fast and go for 0.98 beta at least...

not sure if mine is screwy again or not, 3 missions, and have run into 3 different exeno types (the Alien type, the reaper type and the green bug eyed bugger) the green eyes is the only one that showed up as being killed, and leaving a corpse, the others dont show on the loot list, but my kill total is higher then what the totals on the list show ?

9 troopers went on the last mission, only one of them not wounded, she leaving the good life, only trooper who went on 3 missions with out getting a dent, the other 13 are all WIA

Question finally got to the point were I can produce wave weapons however the game only allows for 3 different types of wave weapons. there is no option for a percision wave weapon although it is pictured and it is in the mod. Is this by designed?

no there should be wave sniper. I will check it.

Hi drages,

really enjoying your mod so far, but I have one question - will there be a weapon info panel like for the vanillia weapons because I have no clue what I am using :D

Welcome issoy. There will be for sure but it will be near or at ver 1.0. I am still trying to balance the mod and the stats of the everything changes so much at balancing. . För now please check the weapon stats file in the mod folder. So you can see what u use and it's stats compared the others.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

-----------------------

I thought about micromanagement a bit more. The items to manufacture are getting more and more. As i like micro manage most of the things, if the games gets longer you lose the the sense of it..

So crafting every grenade, rocket, plane, plane weapons, vehicles, weapons are losing control and interests in late games. X-Division is a long mod and when u think all the GC missions u need to do, the time for it increase much more..

I liked to play the original UFO-TFTD-Apocalypse always like a sandbox.. i played all the x-coms and their clones maybe millions of times but i finished them only once..

I am checking my memory about this kind of game experiences and X-Division got 10x materials to craft.. so even i love micro, the biggest games dont have this kind of numbers at item quantity..

The "one time manufacture project" idea is the best as i think. You search something, then make a manufacture project and this automaticly changes all the old items with news... I could make it just with a research but its more simple then it should be..

This wont be for everything.. i need to organize it.. For GC rocket/grenade/heavy explosive and Vehicle weapons i will use this..

GC weapons will use the looting system. You will need a "X" enemy weapon to craft "Y" human weapon. This will be much more important for unique weapons..

------------------------

For making the progress faster, i need some ppl just for adding the new stats i created to the game files... its just a excel-notepad jop.. It would be very nice help so if u got a free 1-2 days to help me i can give a weapon with your name into mod :)

Micro is a metagame killer and "one time idea" is even worst.

You need to understand the first thing about diversity that I point out when you begin, but maybe you need to reach this point to understand.

I test the game for a bit and I applaude in the mod progress. Unfortunally you hit the same top line of Xenophobia but in a more clever desing.

If you want to make this game wonderfull and unique the only thing that you need is hear me and .... branch the techtree.

Good luck my friend :)

Edited by TacticalDragon

Micro is a metagame killer and "one time idea" is even worst.

You need to understand the first thing about diversity that I point out when you begin, but maybe you need to reach this point to understand.

I test the game for a bit and I applaude in the mod progress. Unfortunally you hit the same top line of Xenophobia but in a more clever desing.

If you want to make this game wonderfull and unique the only thing that you need is hear me and .... branch the techtree.

Good luck my friend :)

Maybe.. we will see what points are ahead of me..

I still dont think game can handle a branching techtree.. this game is not done for "specificity".. there is no abilities and not much strategic choices.. but as i said i will see.. but first i need to handle balancing all stats.. so after that we will see what is working..

But using Xenophobia word with my mod.. heart breaking..

While hunting like 15 turns for a single Bull Reaper, and transforming half of the map into burning ruins in process was kind of fun, it quickly became not-so-fun when I arrived to first alien base. In vanilla there would be 3-5 reapers, and it was pretty dangerous already, but this outpost was like goddamn Reaper Central.. and half of them Bulls. I simply do not have enough bullets to kill all of them, are you for real? 0_o Im playing on Easy already, but they just DONT DIE!

Sorry for complaining, but after this I decided I didnt want to play Xenonauts that badly =\

While hunting like 15 turns for a single Bull Reaper, and transforming half of the map into burning ruins in process was kind of fun, it quickly became not-so-fun when I arrived to first alien base. In vanilla there would be 3-5 reapers, and it was pretty dangerous already, but this outpost was like goddamn Reaper Central.. and half of them Bulls. I simply do not have enough bullets to kill all of them, are you for real? 0_o Im playing on Easy already, but they just DONT DIE!

Sorry for complaining, but after this I decided I didnt want to play Xenonauts that badly =\

Last sentence finished my heart off... i am now leaving modding community forever.. good luck!...

And... nooooooo ofcourse!!! Hotfix 7 came to all ppl who suffers against lame undead melee creatures!!!

Now reapers are much more easier to die with explosives/fire and even at chemicals like stuns.. much less hp and life regeneration.. but they hit harder and i think with this damage boost their AI will start to work for harming you..

I took the the reaper numbers in bases down..

All the numbers are already balanced for 0.98.. so even u see some problems for 0.97, i accept it was a bad beta for balancing but it showed us many of the biggest mistakes we done..

For now who want to enjoy 0.97.1 i put hotfix 7.. enjoy!

And Morhem u need to restart that base attack (from the geospace not ebginning of the mission) to get the new numbers..