[v1.09/X:CE v0.30] X - Division - In Earth We Fight Ver: 0.9

drages

Yes that grenades for late aliens.. The story is, the mod u are using, uses Kabills ufo crews.. After i made new aliens i finished the new ufo crews 1 hour ago... it looks easy first but when u start it, took my 3 days.. so i noticed that Kabill's crew lists are more chaotic.. u can see some high end aliens at beginning, or the support races like wraiths/harridans/drones are just scattered for all main races.. Its good to see many things same time but i want you again fight 3 different main race and their own supporters and i dont want u see higher rank aliens so much with lows... so with new crew list you will get time to manuacture enough gear to face that weapons.. It means not it will be easier because every parts of the game will have their hard enemies and now u need to get some alive to reach important techs..

I want to clarify things here a bit.Reason why Kabill's ufo crews seems chaotic is for the sake of randomness.Whole point is to randomize ship crew to be less linear than vanilla's.This is pretty much what XNT also had,so there were moments that you had to give up on mission or suffer huge causalities to unlock advance tech branch or accelerate advance tech research which otherwise would take ages to unlock in standard way (or you want to prove to yourself that you are goddamn good strategist and sacrifice your crew for stupid cause,it was up to players).

So yeah we kept this for those "OMG I am outmatch.I have to pull back" moments but they also most of the time were rewarding if you win and as I mentioned it was way less linear feeling because there was always a chance for something you didn't see coming like it was case in vanilla.

Edited by Sentelin

I want to clarify things here a bit.Reason why Kabill's ufo crews seems chaotic is for the sake of randomness.Whole point is to randomize ship crew to be less linear than vanilla's.This is pretty much what XNT also had,so there were moments that you had to give up on mission or suffer huge causalities to unlock advance tech branch or accelerate advance tech research which otherwise would take ages to unlock in standard way (or you want to prove to yourself that you are goddamn good strategist and sacrifice your crew for stupid cause,it was up to players).

So yeah we kept this for those "OMG I am outmatch.I have to pull back" moments but they also most of the time were rewarding if you win and as I mentioned it was way less linear feeling because there was always a chance for something you didn't see coming like it was case in vanilla.

I know it and it's good thing. Just i need some more control over it with many new aliens..

Hotfix 4 playing smooth to date, including a base assault and a landed landing ship. Nextgen ballistics damage reapers. Kudos dudes.

Would it be possible to add an "inoculation" effect of xenonauts in combat, followed by a sudden appearance of a reaper/xenomorphs force inside a base?...You know, the 8th passenger...:)

The problem with fighter dissasembly is that you need separate hangar slots for each one. Unless you have a base specifically dedicated for that purpose, with multiple spare hangars, you have to work on one fighter, wait until it's finished, queue another one. Well, unless there's something I'm missing here.

The problem with fighter dissasembly is that you need separate hangar slots for each one. Unless you have a base specifically dedicated for that purpose, with multiple spare hangars, you have to work on one fighter, wait until it's finished, queue another one. Well, unless there's something I'm missing here.

Very nice point u got here.. I forgot that totally. But if u stack at 2, it would be lame to wait 3. So I won't change it.

Hotfix 4 playing smooth to date, including a base assault and a landed landing ship. Nextgen ballistics damage reapers. Kudos dudes.

Would it be possible to add an "inoculation" effect of xenonauts in combat, followed by a sudden appearance of a reaper/xenomorphs force inside a base?...You know, the 8th passenger...:)

It would be nice story but sadly u can't trigger any think without an ufo.. if zombie isn't hard coded I would love to make aliens pop up inside humans.. it would be nice for terror missions with many civilian in it.

oh no, keep the single fighter disassembly, but also add a 3X option. I was making something and ended up with like 11 fighters at one point. I could easily see you having more in storage as well. I just thought it was tedious is all.

edit-----

K so I've never really looked at modding this game before, but something like this is what I mean

This is what you have:

<Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.FighterDSB</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Aircraft</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">10</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="Number">1000</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">1xItems.FallenFighter</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="8" ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "Items.FighterHull" );StockItem( "Items.Alienbeam" );StockItem( "Items.Alienalloys" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="Default"/>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.datacore</Data></Cell>

</Row>

This is what I suggest:

<Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.FighterDSB</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">1xItems.FallenFighter</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="8" ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "Items.FighterHull" );StockItem( "Items.Alienbeam" );StockItem( "Items.Alienalloys" );</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:StyleID="s74"><Data ss:Type="String">airplane.human.datacore</Data></Cell>

</Row>

<Row>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">ManTech.FighterDSB3</Data></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">3xItems.FallenFighter</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="8" ss:StyleID="s68"><Data ss:Type="String">StockItem( "Items.FighterHull" );StockItem( "Items.Alienbeam" );StockItem( "Items.Alienalloys" );StockItem( "Items.FighterHull" );StockItem( "Items.Alienbeam" );StockItem( "Items.Alienalloys" );StockItem( "Items.FighterHull" );StockItem( "Items.Alienbeam" );StockItem( "Items.Alienalloys" );</Data></Cell>

</Row>

Edited by odizzido

I seem to have an issue with the latest hit fix. Played up in till jan80 all aliens just have plasma weapons balistic weapons or anything else's can't get weapons development going is this by design or what?

I'm having the same problem, I'm seeing no advanced weapons and no xenos/vipers

You can disasemble Ufos of one type in a row. Like you produce something. Example: you have 4 Scout-, 4 light Scout-, 3 Corvette- and 7 Fighter-Datacores in store. You wana disassemble the 7 Fighter-Datacores then you choose it and click up to 7. So one by one Fighter-Datacore will disasembled up to zero.

The next free Hanger is reserved for Corvette-Datacores. Same Game like the fighters.

If I wanna dissasemble something and have much in Stores, I do it so.

Like I said, because I tested it several times. You need only one Hangar, take the first Core you wana dissemble and increase it to the number you wana dessemble. It´s the same like you produce Weapons, Armors etc.

The Hangar then will be used to dissemble all Cores of the same Core you chose. I testet it several times in XNT as well as in X-Devision. So you dont have the mircormanagement of one core and then the next Core etcpp.

Edited by Alienkiller

Same problem with no advanced weapons here. I have researched a lot (I have Marauder and some advanced technology) but no weapons at all, just starting ballistic ones only. Perhaps I have researched and manufactured plasma missiles and plasma torpedos for the aircraft. Is it possible to unlock those technologies without starting a new game? Maybe I did miss something specific... Thank You for helping me!

Like I said, because I tested it several times. You need only one Hangar, take the first Core you wana dissemble and increase it to the number you wana dessemble. It´s the same like you produce Weapons, Armors etc.

The Hangar then will be used to dissemble all Cores of the same Core you chose. I testet it several times in XNT as well as in X-Devision. So you dont have the mircormanagement of one core and then the next Core etcpp.

It certainly doesn't work like that for me, it's one core per hangar in my game. Maybe it's a different version of non-modded game, like 1.5 or something?
Same problem with no advanced weapons here. I have researched a lot (I have Marauder and some advanced technology) but no weapons at all, just starting ballistic ones only. Perhaps I have researched and manufactured plasma missiles and plasma torpedos for the aircraft. Is it possible to unlock those technologies without starting a new game? Maybe I did miss something specific... Thank You for helping me!
There does to be a research gap of some sort. I have "finished" all of my research and had nothing higher than second tier ballistic/basic lasers, with nothing to research for couple months. All of sudden, Plasma research has appeared for some reason. Don't know if that leads anywhere yet, but even if it does, it's a lather large pause between tiers. Or maybe it takes too long for aliens with researchable weapons to show up. Edited by KamPa

I did never play X-Division mod before hotfix 4. It was happened something similar once with an older version of original Xenonauts (it was related to aircraft research) but after I have restarted a new game, everything was working again. So I presume that there is no way to unlock research tree without restarting? I really don't think I made some mistakes about mod installation because it is very easy and I am using steam.

In my case it was hotfix 3. And it wasn't really "no research", but tons of different topics that didn't really introduce any new gear. I mean, yes, some new kind of grenades and similar things, but main weapons remained the same for quite a while. After all was researched, there was nothing for couple months and now there are plasma weapons for some reason.