Should smoke grenades cause fire

Hiawata

Just what the thread says - I threw a smoke grenade, and the next turn fires erupted. In one case it was over hay, and the fires were huge, in another it was over grass and there were only a few fires. I haven't seen it happen on other terrains. Is this working as intended or is it a bug?

Well, modders can't fix it, but Goldhawk could. But, if it's a known bug, then probably they decided not to fix it yet/at all.

Besides, I thought that the CE was more than a mod - that Goldhawk gave modders the source code/engine. Obviously, this wouldn't be high priority, but does that mean that the guys making CE could, in principle, fix this?

Thanks for the replies. I'm fine with them causing fire if it's intended - that's just another thing to take into account when planning your moves. It would be useful, though, to add a description of that possibility into the description of the item that you get when you hover the mouse over it in the soldier equipment pane. That way, a player would be aware of it before using the grenade, instead of, like me, suddenly ending up engulfed in flames.

For that matter, how are fires caused in game? I'm sure that it's a complicated mechanic behind that, but just a broad stroke explanation would do. After I caused the fire that I mention above, I figured that I sometimes might want to purposefully do it so that I can, for example, protect a flank.

The games modable part allows you create your smoke.. you can create smoke (gas) and give it to a weapon.. when you are creating a weapon you give the posibility of the fire and smoke.. for example %10 fire %35 smoke you created.. u can make a smoke with fire graphic and i think you can handle what you want.. because i think they are not so different about weapons..

So, it's explosives that can cause fire. Thanks!

I suppose that things like hay, wood, concrete, wooden walls, etc. have different chances of burning and spreading fire?

Also, will some things explode - e.g. fuel barrels, etc.? I was thinking of whether it's a smart idea to use them as cover.

For that matter, how are fires caused in game? I'm sure that it's a complicated mechanic behind that, but just a broad stroke explanation would do. After I caused the fire that I mention above, I figured that I sometimes might want to purposefully do it so that I can, for example, protect a flank.

Flammable tiles erupt into flame when exposed to gases, so running through a field trampling all of the crops can prevent spread of fire.

• 3 weeks later...