Xenonauts V1.5 Stable CANDIDATE 2 (4 Dec) released!

We've released the second Stable Candidate on the Experimental branch on Steam. If this proves not to have any bugs in it, we'll push it out as the official Stable release on the main Steam branch and all other platforms. Until then, you need to access the Experimental branch to get your hands on it: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5958-Xenonauts-Experimental-Builds-Instructions

CHANGELOG:

• Skito's map pack is now included with the base game, though disabled by default (you can enable it via the mod panel of the launcher).
  • Free-aim mode no longer snaps to ground tiles as aggressively as before, which means the user can now target walls / doors much more easily.
  • Cover indicators now appear around all props that grant cover, rather than only some.
  • Miss shots now scatter correctly, rather than impacting at the feet of the alien without displaying "MISS". This means friendly fire and collateral damage is back in the game!
  • Another attempt to get the keybinds from X:CE working correctly. Hopefully it's now sorted.

After reports of bleeding not successfully being moved to the end of turn, we looked into it and it actually is working correctly. Units take damage at the end of the player turn, so if they take a bleeding wound from friendly fire you only have the remainder of your turn to heal them. If they take a bleeding wound from alien fire, you have your full turn to heal them.

We've decided to bundle Skitso's map pack with the game because it is a relatively small download and it addresses one of the biggest complaints regarding the longevity of the game: the maps get repetitive. Having made more than a few maps myself I know how much effort has gone into making the mod, so on behalf of the dev team and the community I'd like to thank Skitso for giving us so much time.

There's likely to be one more update after this one, as windows aren't behaving as they were in V1.09 (you can't shoot through them) and we want to revert that for the final version of V1.5. Hopefully that'll be done tomorrow.

There's not much to explain about it other than what you guys already know I think. Bleeding simply occurred at the start of Xenonauts turn like it always was before instead of at the end like Chris said. I wish this was something easily recordable or reproducible, I would show it to you. And yes I updated to this version before playing.

There's not much to explain about it other than what you guys already know I think. Bleeding simply occurred at the start of Xenonauts turn like it always was before instead of at the end like Chris said. I wish this was something easily recordable or reproducible, I would show it to you. And yes I updated to this version before playing.

You sure is the bleeding that actually happened at the beginning of the turn? the message still appears at the beginning of the turn (in fact with this update it should read "soldier X will take Y damage at end of turn") but the HP decrease is done at the end, right after you click the end turn button

Wasn't that always the case? Soldiers gets shot by Alien in Alien-Turn -> took damage and got a bleeding wound. -> Alien-Turn ends -> Player-Turn starts -> bleeding damage is applied -> time to stop it.

Yes, that was happening before this change. Now the event order is:

Soldiers gets shot by Alien in Alien-Turn -> took damage and got a bleeding wound. -> Alien-Turn ends -> Player-Turn starts -> bleeding warning is shown -> time to stop it -> (at turn end) bleeding damage is applied.