Nightvision goggles

Michael13117

This is something that I was a little confused wasn't added to the game, or an equivalent there of, Nightvision specs.

Think, later on in the game, you're using power armor, and a plasma rifle, and you're reduced to throwing flares for light, why not add nightvision goggles? Not just free ones, researchable and buildable goggles that you equip onto your soldiers for night ops.

Maybe even have it so the color of the screen changes to green for the character you select that is wearing them?

I don't know if it sounds like a casual edition or not, but when I can have fighters that fire singularity bombs and wear flying power armor, I don't consider Nightvision goggles very OP.

Just a thought, wanted your guy's opinion on it, and maybe to find someone who could possibly make this mod.

First idea to make a version is ok.. u can do it with a basic modding. It's easy but a long work..

Second is impossible because only armors have this ability..

If the game had the ability to accept items with different abilities it would be perfect.. u could use many passive items for force shields, night vision, vs vs...

Just open the armor xml files. U would see which armor gives how much stats or vision..

Just download kabill armor mod. There is a 1 gb and very little one. If u can download them u will see how he made different armors from same ones.. they are even different color and rdy to use.. u will just change the name of armor and night vision at armor GC xml.. kabill mods are very good to learn modding.

That cybernetic armor mod got tons of new armor for u..

If you can't be bothered with the huge download for the armour resource pack (if only I could make it smaller!), the variable to add night vision is in either armour.xml or armour_gc.xml (I forget which). The variable is obviously labelled; the value increases the soldier's vision at night by the amount it is set to up to their normal daylight maximum.