[V1.09][X:CE v0.30+] MAG Weapons Visual Modification

venthe

MAGprecision.jpg

So here it is, first from it's line - MAG Weapon Visual Mod.
I have started with Precision rifle, as it was ugliest for me. I've took following approach:
  • It is NOT a sniper rifle - it is an DMR suited for asymmetric warfare. Distances in Xeno don't justify scope - but ACOG (Up to 6x) should do well. Another thing is iron sights - in case of ACOG malfunction, they are there - just folded.
  • Sleek, not bulky - First things first: scaled down in height :)
  • Function not look - I've decided to make small modifications which are taken directly from current weapons. Rail attachement system, real scope and real grip. Slightly modded handguard to give a support for static position (Like in W2000 rifle)
  • Thanks to Ichthyic: Way longer barrel - longer means more rail for projectile to be accelerated. It's better, trust me :)
  • Thanks to Gurbo: More gritty and used look - with which I have to agree completly. Even if MAG is a peak of Human-xenos weaponry, at the point we have them, the war is almost over for us. I doubt they worry about chipping on paint when they should be at mission every day.

This is only a visual mod, and only a Precision Rifle for now. No stats are changed, mod loader should work fine with it. And it includes Xenopedia image ;)

Ps. For the people who are still not logged in, here is the preview:
http://i.imgur.com/kwDGKoY.png

MAGFromVenthe.zip

MAGprecision.jpg

MAGFromVenthe.zip

MAGprecision.jpg.10aa3dc7e04551fde319bce

MAGFromVenthe.zip

Edited by venthe

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...