Hello, I'm new and I need help

Hello, My name's Michael, I'm new to this forum and I may or may not have done something wrong.

I am about..eh, 4 months into my first campaign? and I've lost Europe so far, I'm not doing that good, And I wanted to finish development of a fighter I was building, So I went into the gameconfig XML and enabled the item cheat, added a few items, and sold them off for enough to get the fighter, And give my B team full jackal armor (It's month 4 and the only team I have that can go through and murder everything is in the US, I am considering moving them to the Soviet union just for the fact that Ravenrock has double the sensors, and a lot more ground to cover, but I'm keeping them in the US for RP purposes for the moment).

Now I am not a cheater by any means, I play games like Dark Souls and Ninja Gaiden for fun, Not that I am bragging, so please do not hold this one time offense against me. (except if there was a cheat to enable the ability to regain a continent once I lost it? I'd do it again, and again...not an instant mind you, just the ability to earn it)

Now onto the actual meat of the issue, and why I am posting tonight..since I turned off the cheat, a new interface popped up on the Geoscape, showing a bunch of numbers, and giving me the option to see all UFO's wherever they are, any time, and bases, and find out their mission without the sensor upgrade..Now, This irritates me, as I said I do not like to cheat unless I feel it is needed, And being able to see all UFO's I feel is somewhat gamebreaking, and really distracting.

All I am asking for is a copy of the original XML file, Or a way to turn this off, I have no idea how this interface turned on, I've tried enabling the cheat and disabling it again, it hasn't worked, and I'm wondering what I should do, If someone could please help me with this I would be greatly appreciative

Mind you I am not asking how to enable a cheat, or mod, I am asking how to disable a distracting cheat, and frankly one that would break the game somewhat.

Edited by Michael13117

Funny story, I tried mixing changing an element from I think it was the Middle of the XML file, and started a new game..within one day, I got a game over, and couldn't build a base, I'll keep looking at the bottom of the XML file however, Maybe there is something I've missed.

Is this something that you've experienced yourself before? this interface I mean, I don't even know if it's attributed to a cheat, it looks somewhat like a debug tool, I mean I might use it after one successful playthrough, but right now knowing how long until the next wave of UFO's, how many humans are alive in which continent (actually let me keep that feature, I find that interesting...though I'm not sure that's what that is since there's not one, single odd number in it,), what every UFO everywhere's mission is, where the enemy bases are..I dunno, it's like being told where I'm supposed to go in Dark Souls, That's not how you Dark souls, ;-;

but thank you so much, I will take a look and tell you what I find, :)

Update....You're not gonna friggen believe this.

the little bit about adding items in the debug area? only had one Quote mark...And that somehow gave me godly omnipotence.

This XML has got to be one of the more sensitive ones I've seen...but that does raise some questions of just how twisted can this world be when someone misplaces a comma or two, :3

Thank you so, Very much sir.