( 1.07 - 1.09) completely stable Xenophobia version of AND_GREAT.

AND_GREAT

Was willing to give this a try but the torrent site is now asking 50 rubles to register hence I'm unable to. Any chance the mod is posted someplace else where it's not asking for money?

I have attached the torrent. Will try to upload the whole setup to Dropbox soon.

[ATTACH]6009[/ATTACH]

I dont advise to try a modded and again modded mod which has no support with no mdodder and wont work at last version of a game.

What? What's suppossed to be "no mdodder"?

Xenophobia Mod Compilation (AND_GREAT).zip

Xenophobia Mod Compilation (AND_GREAT).zip

Just like Windows XP/Vista; The Mod has no support for the latest versions of X:CE--which means I can't do your challenge.

X:CE 0.25 is part of the mod, so you don't need to install it separately. Just install the mod over vanilla Xenonauts v1.09 and it will work just fine.

Edited by hakimio

Hakimio what do u try to prove? Why does someone try to challenge this kind of way.. if u like this mod I respect for it.. but a challenge.. looks not so logical..

It just shows how difficult and fun this mod can be.

You said that this mod looked too easy compared to XNT and the little challenge proves it's not so easy after all...

Ok I take back what I said. But as I said, as a modder I checked the files of this mod and it's just a chaos.. because some one took XNT and added other mods to it without any balance ideas and left the community. Then another one took this modder mod and added some more things and worked on it and then he left it too..

It's up to the player. This mod is not balanced nor smooth working. No modder can help this because it's a mess from beginning..

Even I take the XNT mods control, I started from beginning. You would see the difference what I mean if u try my mod.

This mod is not balanced nor smooth working.

Well, I am playing it right now and I think even it's not perfect, it's much more balanced than XNT 6 and working much better (for example, no more disappearing aliens and soldiers...). Let's leave for the players to decide if they like it or not, ok?

Alien base challenge

Here is a challenge for those who like challenging ground missions. 10 relatively experienced soldiers with not the best gear against 28 elite aliens (includes all the highest level monsters from creepers mod; veteran difficulty level). Can you kill all of them with no or minor losses?

For those who think it's "mission impossible" I have attached the last turn of my play-through plus an image showing an outcome of my mission [side note: running out of ammo proved to be useful when soldiers started berserking...].

Would be really interesting to see some videos or at least photos made by some experienced players.

[Man of Doge, wanna show how good your tactical skills are?]

[ATTACH]6004[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6005[/ATTACH]

Mission complete screen

man that was a hell of a fight, you have all my respect.

Hi, i have a new question. I see in my worldmap one alien base and... one alien fortress! What´s the difference? I suposse that the fortres is more difficult :confused:

Again sorry for my english, i hope you understand. Thanks.

Alien Outpost - Small

Alien Base - Medium

Alien Fortress - Large

I'm curious to try playing this compilation, but I'd like to know a few things about it:

1. Is it worthwhile/fun?

2. Does it still have the glitch with a certain UFO that you cannot autosresolve?

The mod just like XNT is much more challenging when compared to vanilla game. Even after a couple of months of game time you can encounter alien bases with endgame aliens, alien AI and UFO AI is much more advanced. Also alien invasion seems to progress faster, they try to create new bases much more aggressively. It takes more research time and resources to get good aircrafts and weapons. Furthermore, you not only have to spend money to produce aircrafts, armour and weapons, but also ammo and grenades have to be produced in this mod.

On the other hand the mod has more of pretty much everything - more different kinds of weapons (even some melee weapons are pretty useless), aircrafts, armour and aliens (most of the newly added species are extremely dangerous).

Long story short, some veteran players who are seeking for challenge might like it.

Only some highly advanced alien UFOs which come in a group of three can not be auto-resolved. Check "Known issues" list to find out about other bugs.

The mod just like XNT is much more challenging when compared to vanilla game. Even after a couple of months of game time you can encounter alien bases with endgame aliens, alien AI and UFO AI is much more advanced. Also alien invasion seems to progress faster, they try to create new bases much more aggressively. It takes more research time and resources to get good aircrafts and weapons. Furthermore, you not only have to spend money to produce aircrafts, armour and weapons, but also ammo and grenades have to be produced in this mod.

On the other hand the mod has more of pretty much everything - more different kinds of weapons (even some melee weapons are pretty useless), aircrafts, armour and aliens (most of the newly added species are extremely dangerous).

Long story short, some veteran players who are seeking for challenge might like it.

Only some highly advanced alien UFOs which come in a group of three can not be auto-resolved. Check "Known issues" list to find out about other bugs.

Thank you for replying.

Bummer, I thought that issue with un-autoresolvable UFO squadron was an old one and already fixed. Darn.

Other than that, sounds pretty much what I'm looking for, although you mentioned that the melee weapons are useless.

How is the balance of new items/weapons that you can manufacture?

(Are they all worth trying or is that 90% of them are rubbish and only a few actually worth getting?)